your successes or struggles, what differences you notice, give us an
advertisement for a healthy lifestyle! :)
2 Questions for thought today, so please weigh in on each if you have
a sec to:
1: One tends to be a motivated, unstoppable rockstar Sunday through
Wednesday, and a slub Thursday through Saturday. How do you all keep
the great steam and momentum going strong all week long and not just
around check-in time when resolve is high?
2: What are your tactics for keeping entire bowlfulls of Halloween
candy out of sight and out of tummy?






























Down 1! Should've been more, but I'm proud of the 1. Every little bit is progress in the right direction!
ReplyDeleteDown 2, yippee! Still not where I'd like to be at this point in the challenge, but still headed slowly in the right direction. I'm pleased! I have noticed a little less flab hanging around, so that's awesome! Still plenty of flab to jiggle around with, but less. :) I'm also noticing that I'm getting fuller, sooner! Another great thing to feel! As for your questions:
ReplyDelete1) I for one have a hard time staying completely motivated all seven days and am honestly not sure how to do that. I think if we continue to get ourselves back on track, and take it one day at a time, then we'll eventually get to our goals. For me if I get too stressed about it then I get frustrated with not achieving perfection that I just give up all together. We have to do what works for us and just make it happen, however long it takes. Don't beat yourselves up, just keep going in the right direction.
2) This year I've been letting my kids have more candy than in the past, hoping it will disappear quicker. I'm also thinking of just adding a handful to the garbage each time they have a piece. Without them noticing of course. :) I have a really hard time wasting anything, even candy so it makes me cringe thinking about it, so we'll see if I get the guts up to do it. :) Another idea is to let your kids try what they want. The idea is that if they know they can open whatever, then they'll take a lick of something, throw it away and open the next one. That would go faster! :) Good luck everyone! Have a great week! Great job on the pound Sarah, you are looking sooooo good!!! Marianne W. told me she thinks you should model! You're looking fabulous! :)
ok, so I didn't lose weight. I did run 20 miles saturday. Here are my answers to the questions;
ReplyDelete1. I think this question is about me. I am having trouble being consistent. One trick that is working is to plan my food. I try to not get too down about having bad days, just try to get back on track as soon as possible.
2. To avoid halloween candy, (I hope this works) I bought some really great tasting fruit, I also have guacamole, tomatoes, beans and cheese. So if I am hungry I have great tasting healthy food. I can still over eat, however
too much melon= 300 extra calories
too much candy= 2500 extra calories
Having good food around is definately a better strategy. I am also sending most of the 'good' halloween candy to work with my husband. He doesn't have any trouble not eating it.
well... I tried to post, and I messed up.. so in a nut shell here's what I wrote:
ReplyDeleteLost 1 pound, yeah me!
1) I'm good M-F and a slub S&S- schedule makes a difference to me... parties, family stuff, hubby home on weekends makes it harder for me.
2) I'm putting all my extra candy in my hubby's car - he never gains weight with his landscaping job!
That's all, gotta go get the baby now!
Great job ladies!
I'm skipping the weigh in this week due to Aunt Flo being in town. Hoping for great numbers next week!
ReplyDelete1. I find that if I make sure I write down everything I eat and keep track of what is going in my body, I always do better with foods. As far as excercise goes, I'm looking for some motivational ideas myself. :) I think that remembering moving forward is the goal, not losing tons of weight/inches fast. As long as we are headed in the right direction we are doing fantastic! And, NEVER GIVE UP!!!
2. My family has an awesome way to deal with Halloween candy that is great for everyone. The Halloween Witch visits our house every Halloween night. She comes for the candy. The kids pick out 3 pieces of thier favorites each, then the candy gets set outside the front door overnight. In the morning, the witch has taken the candy and left a present in return for the givers. It works GREAT! Then, "the witch" bags all the candy and it goes straight into dad's car for all the people at his work to eat. But, lets be good to ourselves ladies . . . before the candy disappears, I get 2 fun size peices of my favorites out and enjoy the crap out of them!! I'm worth it! -so are you.
We are all worth it. We're worth the efforts of tracking our diet. We're worth those long workouts that make us stronger and healthier in so many ways. We're worth having treats every once in a while b/c food tastes good and it's meant to be enjoyed in moderation. And, we're worth those times that we want to many treats and deny our minds in favor of our bodies b/c we want to be strong women who are healthy and beautiful for ourselves and our families!
Everyone, have a great great great week!!
Remember, you are worth all of it!
1. Um yeah that tends to be my struggle but I have placed my jar someplace I will see on a regular basis which helps a lot. Which reminds me I need to email a picture but my computer wont show me any of my photos at the moment.
ReplyDelete2. I take out what my daughter will eat and bring the rest into work, which equals about half of it. Normally I'd be worried but seeing as how I am sick right now, my sweet tooth is non existant. I couldn't finish more than a bite of the cake from the wedding I went to on Saturday.
I am down another 2 pounds!! I may get crazy and just get my hair cut this weekend while on vacation! Is that cheating since the 6wks is over?? If so then I will wait.
ReplyDelete1. I struggle during the weekend and I think it is because I don't plan anything so it is like anything goes. I have been at least working out on saturdays so I think that helps with the extra calories I eat. Then Monday morning I totally think last chance workout before going home to weigh in. I am going to get smaller and healthier!!! I just am!
2. I went a little wild with the candy this weekend and now I am done. We are going to save the rest for our road trip this weekend to keep the kids happy in the car. I was not in a good mood and sorry for all of you who had to be around me but now I am done with that for another month :) I am going to buy a bunch of health snacks to take with me on our trip and plan on working out at least once hopefully twice! I will not put on weight! I can make smart choices!
I weighed last week before going back to work. I recovered from my monthly gain and lost another 1!
ReplyDeleteQuestion 1: I find that instead of being motivated for a few day and then not, I have good weeks and bad weeks. This group has helped keep me on track. I try to remind myself that just a little every day is better than nothing!
Question 2: There isn't any candy at my house, but there was at work. There usually is something at work every weekend! On good days, I'm able to stop and think about what I'm doing and choose whether it's worth the calories. I try to be sure I have snacks I like with me, so I don't get too hungry.
I would just like to say WOW Valerie!!!! 20 miles! I'm nowhere near that, but I'm proud I ran 3 min without stopping and some was up hill!!!
Well I am sad to say that I did not lose any weight, but this isn't going to get me down because it is the start of a new week and I vow to do better. However, I am so proud of you ladies that did lose weight! Way to go!!! As far as your questions:
ReplyDelete1. I too do really good Monday thru Friday with my workouts especially if it is something that I enjoy doing, this is key to motivating me to workout. But what I struggle with is the eating healthy. It's the weekend that kills me. I tend to eat out on those days and then all of my hard work goes down the drain, so I need to find a way to still eat healthy over the weekend. I have also found that if I plan ahead then I do better and keeping a food journal is very helpful and keeps me accountable.
2. As far as tactics for keeping the Halloween candy out of sight, I'm afraid I failed at that which explains why I didn't lose any weight :( but I do love what Nicki said "a handful for them and a handful for the trash" hehe wonder if I could get a way with that with my older kids. I also love what Valerie said about too much of a healthy treat equals 300 calories vs too much candy equals 2500 calories! Sure puts it into perspective for me and Meghan I just love what your family does with the "Halloween Witch" what a great idea! I think I might just try that.
I just want to say that you all are doing a fabulous job and keep up the good work! You definitely are helping to motivate me and I thank you!