Thank you so much for all of your great ideas and input yesterday! That first question was 100% describing me and I'm so grateful for all the encouragement :) Yes, little by little I have been and will reach my goals. I'm not worried about reaching them; I really do believe in myself and I know I'll hit them someday. I'm working on recognizing when negativity creeps into my brain about the progress being so slow and so then I consiously have to remind myself it doesn't matter- any step in the right direction is wonderful! :) Sounds like ALL of us, though, want some tips on making it through the weekend as succesfully as we make it through the workweek. Here's an article I found about just that topic:
Control Weekend Splurges
What I liked best about it is the tip to make your "I deserve it" rewards into something non-food. I don't know about you, but a new pair of clearance shoes at DSW or a cute shirt on the 70% off rack at Kohl's will make me so giddy for a good 24 hours. Much more satisfaction than an order of Culver's cheese curds w/ ranch dressing! That makes me sound really materialistic, and I'm really not, I swear, but with the non-food rewards like clothing, it first of all makes you feel sexy, and second of all, makes you have extra resolve to keep your body making progress on its route to hotty-bo-botty-ness (yes, that's a great word). So here's my weekend goal for this weekend- If I stick to my MFP calorie tracking like a rockstar Thursday through Sunday, then on Saturday night or Monday night I'm going to go browse Kohl's clearance racks :) (I adore the Vera Wang clearance clothing that's ALWAYS 70-90% off there). Anyhow, enough about me, what about you!? What are you going to do this weekend to keep on top of your game? You're not up against anyone else, not competing with anyone but yourself. How are you going to trick yourself out of being a slub this weekend? We know what our bodies will fall for- so plan some good effective tactics :) Or play dirty if you must! I wanna hear all about it :)
What I really wanted to share is this idea I ripped out of my Shape magazine over the weekend.
If you click on the image, it will enlarge it so you can actually read it. But what it says is "Banish the word 'should' from your vocabulary and you may find you can accomplish anything. 'By saying you should do something, like exercise, it immediately implies you feel the activity is a burden,' says B.J. Gallagher, an inspirational speaker and the author of the book Why Don't I Do the Things I Know Are Good For Me? 'But replace 'should' with 'want' and you'll start to build positive energy.' So try telling yourself that you want to work out today and you'll get in the right mind-set to go to the gym, which is half the battle."
So, what do you ladies WANT to do today? Hehehe :) Make it into a phenomenal day!
Tonight I WANT to cycle indoors for an hour while I watch the Biggest Loser :) And then I WANT to get out my yoga mat and do my situps and pushups challenge during the show, too :) And if I can be so lucky, I WANT to also get out a medicine ball and do EXTRA ab work to whittle away at my middle :)
ReplyDeleteI want to cook a healthy dinner instead of ordering pizza because I'm in a post night shift coma. I want to drink lost of water because my legs feel swollen up to my hips.
ReplyDeleteI'm going on a girls weekend with my quilting group this weekend. There is always lots of snacks and good food. I want to make healthy choices. I want to put on my running shoes every morning and get outside continuing to progress on my couch to 5k. (I love the app I found for my phone!)
I like that article Sarah! I am very guilty of working hard during the week and then taking the weekend off but this weekend I WANT to try something new...Zumba! My husband and I love to dance and I have heard that this class is alot of fun and a good cardio workout! And I love your idea about watching "Biggest Loser" while working out. I WANT to challenge myself and see how many jumping jacks I can do during a commercial break. Then I WANT to see how many situps I can do and then I WANT to see how many pushups I can do!
ReplyDeleteI love this quote by Bill Phillips, "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change!"
Amy C-
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how incredible you're doing with your 5k training. You're already up to 3 miles non-stop running. That's great! It seems like just yesterday you were starting! You should be so proud of yourself! I hope you have a fun getaway this weekend w/ the girls.
Kim-
Zumba is so fun! That's awesome that your hubby likes to dance w/ you :) Go shake your tush and love your body! The working out during the BL show is all from Meghan- the inspirational example of squeezing in max punch for your time in working out :) Jumping jacks are hard- good for you! You are an example of the "power to change." Thanks for your great motivation for all of us!