11/6/09

Feel Good Friday

Do you ladies want to know yet ANOTHER reason why you're so amazing!?!  1. Yesterday was supposed to be about feeling the burn instead of motivation, and no one called me out on my blooper :) 2. Today I spaced posting this morning & again, no one called me out on it!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week to Tara!  I can't believe you went without cake- WHOA!  Hope you're feeling better, too.  Kim, you're so sweet to be uplifting when it seems like so many of us on the blog are quieter than usual this week.  That's what's so awesome about this blog- sometimes one person will be up and shine and lift others, and another week someone else will be the "lifter."  I love it :)

I had such a great time putting together some odds and ends for my Creation Jar this week.  Last night I got a big gallon Jar ready. I've been clipping & printing all week.  I'm going to assemble it all tonight.  I found such great quotes that the exercise in and of itself has been uplifting :)  I can't wait to hear about and see your boxes/jars/pails come through my email in the next 24 hours :)

I wanted to share today snipets from a Fitness article called "Bounce Back Better."  It's not online unfortunately, or else I'd post a link to it. I can't find it on their site.  But I have it ripped out of the mag and sitting on my lap here :)  In a nutshell, the article is talking about all the setbacks and rollercoasters we face on our "journey to your healthiest, fittest self."  It offers 6 strategies for overcoming those setbacks:
  1. Walk Tall- confidence precedes resiliance. "The first step is believing that your goals are worth fighting for and that you deserve to reach them. That confidence helps you turn thoughts into action." -John Heil
  2. Focus on the Facts- focus on the process that's in your contorol rather than focusing on emotions or outcomes
  3. Bond with your Buds- studies show we recover more robustly from stress and illness when we feel supported by others  (WINK WINK- LIKE THIS BLOG :) )
  4. Emphasize the Positive- you're guaranteed to come back tougher if you view negative events as opportunities for improvement.
  5. Build a Backup Plan- think aout your last lousy workout or diet blunder and figure out what you can do differently next time.  Let go of the past and focus on planning your next healthy meal.
  6. See the Bigger Picture- it's best to own up to your foibles- it enables you to take control of how you think about what to do next.  "Remember why you're doing what you're doing, beyond seeing a certain number on the scale or the time on a clock.  Know that you're in it for emotional and healthful fulfillment. And keep in mind that those who've achieved the greatest heights are often the ones who've fallen the farthest.  So brush off and keep climbing."
I have been having a great week and I hope you have, too.  We only have a week and 2 days left of this challenge!  Make it count. Last chance workout!  hehe, jk  But really, thanks for all the support!  Make it a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . no posts? Even though I'm only a secret reader I want to tell Nicki that I hope she feels better, and congrats to Meghan on her awesome Thursday run!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.