I used two boxes of Barilla whole wheat fettucine, which was scrumptious. We actually picked up some real rice Udon noodles in the Asian aisle of the grocery store for the next time we make it, to make it even more authentically like Pad Thai from Chin's Asia Fresh (one of my fav meals ever). Next time we're going to toss in cabbage, egg, sprouts, and sprinkle on chopped peanut bits as topping.
11/4/09
Whatcha Eatin Wednesday
What snacks and meals have you been trying this past week? Anything yummy or exciting????? We made up a batch of Thai Chicken Pasta (recipe from Janis) on Sunday night. So yummy! And how have you all been at getting in enough cold water sipping?
I used two boxes of Barilla whole wheat fettucine, which was scrumptious. We actually picked up some real rice Udon noodles in the Asian aisle of the grocery store for the next time we make it, to make it even more authentically like Pad Thai from Chin's Asia Fresh (one of my fav meals ever). Next time we're going to toss in cabbage, egg, sprouts, and sprinkle on chopped peanut bits as topping.
Ingredients:
1 c. green onions, chopped
1 c. grated carrots (whatever other veggies I want)
1/2 c. peanut butter
2/3 c. soy sauce
2/3 c. olive oil
4 T. chili oil or powder OR 1/2-1 T. chili paste (red rooster chinese bottle)
1 T. sesame oil
6 T. honey
2 lbs. noodles
mandarin oranges, optional
shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, optional
Directions:
Cook noodles. Toss with onions and carrots. Whisk all other ingredients together. Mix sauce with pasta. Chill. Even better the next day.
I used two boxes of Barilla whole wheat fettucine, which was scrumptious. We actually picked up some real rice Udon noodles in the Asian aisle of the grocery store for the next time we make it, to make it even more authentically like Pad Thai from Chin's Asia Fresh (one of my fav meals ever). Next time we're going to toss in cabbage, egg, sprouts, and sprinkle on chopped peanut bits as topping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































I've done well on my water intake today! I find that it's MUCH easier to get my water in on days that I'm working out. (I don't do tough workouts every day.) When you're hot and sweaty, it's easy to chug the water. Also, I'm trying to get more cold water down the hatch when I go to restaurants.
ReplyDeleteYummy Recipe:
Baked Pork with Apples
It's super easy.
Sear pork chops in a skillet over the stove about 3 min. on each side. Slice up one or two apples (depending on how many chops you're searing) and toss them into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon. Lay the seared chops on top of the apples. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 45 min. at 350. YUM!!
Ooh, that recipe sounds so yummy, Meghan! Thanks for sharing! I'm definintely going to try it. Do you use the thick-cut pork chops or the thin-cut ones?
ReplyDeleteMy family really loves this recipe and asks me to cook it all the time.
ReplyDeleteItalian Roast Pork Tenderloin
1 Tbsp no-salt lemon pepper
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, mashed or put thru a garlic press
1 (2 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed of all exterior fat
Preheat oven to 325. Combine the lemon pepper, fennel seeds, oregano, rosemary, and salt in a small bowl, set aside. Combine the olive oil and mashed garlic in a second small bowl. Rub the olive oil mixture evenly over the pork tenderloin, coating it thoroughly. Sprinkle the herb mixture over the entire pork loin. Place in a shallow roasting pan, broiler pan, or shallow baking dish. Roast until golden brown. For medium cook about 65 minutes for well done cook about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Very good, hope you enjoy!