11/5/09
Thursday Motivation
Check out this story from Fitness- I really liked it :)
Today remember that you made a commitment to yourself and your goals. If you don't workout, nobody knows but you. But THAT should be big enough and motivating enough to really work hard with the few minutes you can squeeze in each day to work out and with each little food decision you make all day long and hit your goals because you're worth it. As I've said before, you're not competing against anyone in this challenge but your old full-of-excuses self. Just as you know your body's weaknesses better than anyone else, you also know the key to your body's strengths and your mind's motivation better than anyone else. Take advantage of the strengths/motivation and don't lay back as victim to the weaknesses/excuses. Find the balance and find the determination. You can do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Make today into a great day :)
ReplyDeleteNice article! Good for her! There are always other options when the things we think we want most are ruled out. Keep going strong ladies! I'm sick as a dog today so that's about all I can add to our motivation day! Thanks for your awesome support everyone!
ReplyDeleteI've neglected to post my thoughts throughout the week because I've been nursing a sick child home from school since Tuesday! Ah! It's a little more crazy and harder to have a schedule when a little one is sick.
ReplyDeleteTherefore, I have not been able to go to the YMCA, because I can't put a sick child in the nursery! I did do my push ups and sit ups on Monday and ran and did the rowing machine.
Tuesday was difficult - no workouts because of running to the doctor and getting medicine, etc. I managed to eat ok on Tuesday though.
Yesterday was good eating wise until the crash at 9:00 pm!!! I shamefully admit that the 2 days got to me and I was a bad eater, trying to find comfort in food... not a good idea. and I didn't get my push-ups and sit-ups in!! AH!
Today, still have a child home from school... so can't go to the Y, but I'm REALLY going to try hard to find something physical to do around the house - like cleaning, laundry, and now, since the baby's asleep, going to do my sit ups and push ups I missed!
I totally was inspired this week by Biggest Loser and today just reading this article has inspired me! I think I will have time to finish my creation box, so I am going to do that. I have a hard time setting small goals... I am a 'lets just do it all now' kind of person... I am learning I HAVE to write small goals to achieve a more productive or better end goal!
Thanks for the inspirational comments from everyone! They really do lift me up!
Great little story Sarah. I liked it too.
ReplyDeleteGet better Nicki and good job squeezing activity in when it's tough Amy.
I had a steller day today! I just ran 3 miles on the trail near my home and I signed up for the Berbee Derby Thanksgiving morning in Madison. I'm going to run the 5K! I am NOT a runner, but I've decided I want to do something awesome on Thanksgiving morning, the day that I traditionally eat more than any other day in the year. I know it will feel great to get up and do something great for my body on Thanksgiving. I'm so excited! All of you locals, JOIN ME! I know Abrey is in already!
Have a great day everyone!
No pressure, but email me a pic and explanation of your creation box before Saturday night and I'll post them all on here. I got Amy F's today- I am so inspired by you!
ReplyDeleteNicki- hope you feel better soon. Amy- hope your kiddo feels better soon. What patient moms you both are!!!
Meghan- I am glad today was so great for you! I was just lamenting today that I need to pick a race to keep myself on a good running routine. I will be out of town and unable to do the Berbee Derby, but Amy C is doing it, too. I will have to keep looking. The instep indoor marathon relay sounds really cool- it's in Milwaukee- Saturday Jan 23rd- teams of 2-4 runners run a bit and then tag their next runner in whenever they want- $30 per runner. I've never tried a team marathon before. Anyone up for that?
sorry ladies I have been MIA this week. It was birthday week for me and I didn't behave very well! I had chipotle for lunch and pizza for dinner on my big day.....however, stepped it up with extra crunches last night and ate lots of veggies for lunch today. I skipped the cake too so I guess I did good. How has everyone else been doing?
ReplyDeleteWell this week hasn't been too bad. My mom has been in town all week and I thought I wouldn't be able to get my exercise in but we have been able to go to the gym and workout together. It has been so fun and I'm sad that she will be leaving tomorrow. :( Tuesday we tried something new that went along with "I WANT TO..." motivation the other day. I had mentioned that I wanted to challenge myself and while watching Biggest Loser, anytime there was a commercial I would do situps or pushups, etc. I was just going to do it by myself but then I asked my family if they would like to do it with me. They were all very excited and so whenever a commercial came on, we all took turns choosing an exercise and did it for the whole length of the commercial. I have to say it was pretty fun and boy did I get a workout and my kids fell right into bed with no complaints! BONUS :) I think this is going to be a new tradition in our family!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder Sarah, that we have made a commitment to ourselves to get healthy and it isn't going to hurt anyone else but ourselves if we don't break the mold and say to ourselves "We're worth it!" I am trying to be this example to my children and teach them a better, healthier lifestyle. It's hard but so worth it!
Happy Birthday Tara! Hope you get better Nicki! Sorry you have been sick, again :( Meghan, way to go on doing a 5K on Thanksgiving morning! What dedication! Amy, I'm sorry you have sick kids...my little girl has been home sick this week too and I know how that can throw a wrench in the schedule! You ladies are doing great and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!