6/15/10

Tuesday Motivation

Good morning, girls!
At the beginning of each yoga class, the instructor will typically relax the room with a soothing voice, some words of inspiration, and then ask each yogi to dedicate that particular practice to something that she's grateful for, or to the reason she walked through the studio door that day, etc.  And to let the rest of the world melt away.  It's just you and your purpose.
So as we're starting day two here of this six week challenge to become fit, develop healthy habits, and shed excess lbs, focus on your purpose for starting this challenge.  Some of you shared that purpose with us yesterday.  If you didn't, just figure out your purpose now, why you are doing this, and focus on it this challenge.  The majority of you are doing this challenge to become a better you, to become healthier, sexier, more confident, happier, more emotionally stable, proud of your accomplishments, to be a living example of healthy living in your families, etc.  See if you can let some other things not stress you out so much.  Everyone's situation is unique, but see if this focus experiment can help.
If yoga's not your cup of tea, here's an article about athletes learning mental focus while they're in a competion to help them reduce distractions (many of which we cause ourselves), anxiety over adequacy or performance, stress, or fear. 
I'm very excited for this challenge to get underway.  I love hearing about all of your successes and feeding off your positive energy.  It uplifts me, inspires me, and helps me to become motivated to make smart and healthy decisions.
Share with us some little tip about staying focused on your health & fitness.  How have you or do you let unimportant things fall by the wayside?

3 comments:

  1. For me, blocking off a chunk of time for workouts means that physical activity gets a priority spot in my day. I like planning out my week in advance. Then I have ample time to psych myself up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to check in yesterday ladies, but I'm very excited to be with you again! I gained some weight from my move as well, and am ready to get going again. One thing I'm doing to keep me focused is to visually keep things in sight that will help me. I have a picture of myself "pre-babies" and papers on the wall where I track my weight progress as well as what I've done each day for exercise. It is a good reminder throughout my day (that I have to stare at many times) of what my goals are right now. I NEED TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT! On Jillian's new show (biggest loser) the other day a mom lost 32 pounds in 6 weeks. How great is that? Maybe if I make my goals higher, I might get closer to the 10 pound mark?! :) Either way, it's always inspiring to see people achieving things they never dreamed of! I hope this ten in six will be that for me! Have a great week ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awhile ago, I reset my priorities. I used to put too much focus on making it look like I was "together". Now, I put the focus on actually keeping myself "together". For example, I used to be obsessive about cleaning my house and keeping the yard looking perfect. Now, as I look outside, my grass is longer than any other in the neighborhood. I can see crumbs on the table and dirt on the floor from where I sit typing. I'd rather spend time on ME, than on things. So, I do! I should mention: I'm much happier for the change.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.