This weekend, snag a girl friend and plan a fun workout. I dunno, maybe run a half marathon together? Haha!
But seriously, there are some MAJOR motivation benefits to biking with a friend, running with a friend, doing a fun adventure with a friend. Not only will you be more likely to GET to your workout, you'll get in some great belly laughs and perform harder than you would on your own.
I asked a girlfriend here that I had met during my sprint tri to do a 50 mile bike ride with me in the foothills on Saturday morning, but she's out of town for the weekend :( But next time! I'm undeterred. I'll do the great ride. And I'll keep meeting more and more new girlfriends :)
On Wednesday night, I met a girl in my yoga teacher training class who has completed FOUR ironman competitions! WOW!!!!! I was in such awe. Of course we talked about it for an hour! And I'm so pumped up! Someday, ladies, someday :) She's going to share her books, training routes, & training schedules with me. She was such a positive, smiley, outgoing, fit, and motivating person---pumping me up with "you can do it" vibes.
I've done boxing classes where I met a girl who's become a friend and we've met up for several boxing classes together, done some yoga classes, etc.
So I've got friends on my mind. Get out and try new adventures! Make new friends! Reach out of your comfortzone and find some FIT and POSITIVE girlfriends to do workouts with!!!!!!!!! (& subsequently you'll spend less time with the negative nancies who drag you down)
Surround yourself with positive people and you'll feel your life detoxify.
Share your experience with surrounding yourself with positive, active girlfriends who support your goals!!!!































GOOOOOD LUUUUUCCCCKKKKK in your race tomorrow, Mini Me, Meghan, & Marianne! Phew, that's a lot of M's. I know you guys are going to do such a great job! I wish I could be there to run it with you! When you get to a hard spot or a brick wall, just think of all of us here on the blog supporting you & believing in you. We'll be running beside you in spirit! Be proud of your accomplishments!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything went well Mini Me Meghan and Marianne!!!! you are all an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOver the last year I have developed a low tolerance for the negative nancies. I find that they suck the life out of me, even if there negativity has nothing to do with me and what I'm doing. I am very vocal with my the people around me when they are negative. If they are talking about someone, I try to help them see where the other person might be coming from. If they are being negative about themselves, I call them on it and point out what I just heard. Frequently they don't realize that they were speaking negatively about themselves.
I made a tentative date to swim this week with one of the girls doing the triathlon with me. I now have a standing date for Wednesdays for bike rides with my friend JoAnn as we prepare for our century ride in Door County September 12 (anyone want to join us?), and I've started doing and open water swim and group bike with the Luna Chicks here in madison every other Thursday. I'm beginning to enjoy the group exercise, and I love the social aspect of it.
Have a good weekend everyone!