5/20/10

Feel the Burn Thursday

Good morning, ladies!

You are awesome, just getting that out there :)

How many calories do you burn unpacking, lifting, standing, cleaning lightly?  Here's a calculator to tell you!  For me, it's 155 calories an hour.  SAWEET!

Even if you don't have moving boxes to unpack like me, pick a random closet in your home and organize it!  Or some other small organization project.  Whatever floats your boat.  So not only will you burn 155 calories + per hour, you'll enjoy some of these emotional benefits to having just one less clutter spot in your life.  "Increased Zest for Life?"  Hmmm....might be a bit of a stretch, but I'll take it!   And once you've spring cleaned your home and spring cleaned your workout, try these ideas for spring cleaning your life!  I like this, "Pursuing a simple, sustainable, flexible, happier lifestyle means that you have to choose it. And that means choosing to lose some other things. It means getting rid of things that no longer work for you, it means updating the way you do things, it means freeing up some space for new and exciting opportunities and challenges." It's all a choice- choosing to be fit, choosing to exercise, choosing to eat healthfully, and choosing to live a de-cluttered life.


Mini Me, Marianne, Meghan, & Tara (phew, that's a lot of M's): How is the half marathon training going?  Nicki: Did you decide on the marathon?!?!  YoU cAn Do It!!!!!!!  Amy C. & Isolde: How is the sprint triathlon training going?!?!?  Does anyone else have something coming up that I forgot to mention?! 

What workouts have you all been up to this week??!!

3 comments:

  1. Saturday I ran 5.5 miles. Then Saturday through now I've just been moving, unpacking, organizing, refinishing furniture, & decorating. It's occupying my every waking hour and even some of those hours I should be in bed. But hey, I'm being active :) Hoping to wrap up everything at the new place by Saturday and then on to a normal sane workout week next week in preparation for my spring tri on June 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Down 3.4 lbs!!! I missed monday and have been nervous since so today after breakfast and before showering I decided to just suck it up and do it! I have to say it is a lot nicer now that my roommate is also on the same page, we are losing weight together and we are kinda helping each other stay accountable for what we eat. We have also been doing a lot of yardwork together which lemme tell ya... exhausting! But our yard is looking wonderful and now we are tackling inside tasks. So much to do but all for the sake of being a little healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Shanda & Mara!!!! Holy smokes, girls! YoU'rE aMaZiNg!!!!!!!! And I'll bet that yard looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.