3/26/10
Feel Good Friday
Good morning & happy Friday, friends!
Everybody welcome Isolde!!!!! She's jumped on the blog this week with us and I just posted her bio over on the right side bar. Glad to have you!
For today's post, I wanted to introduce the next side challenge! It's one that's really personal, near & dear to my heart: Create a personal manifesto. For those who want to participate and tell us about the experience, you'll be entered into a drawing to win this prize from me: Dishwasher-safe & Reusable Sandwich/Snack Baggies.
Thank you, Wikipedia :) "A manifesto is a public declaration of principles and intentions, may also be life stance-related. Manifesto is derived from the Italian word manifesto, itself derived from the Latin manifestum, meaning clear or conspicuous."
So this challenge is going to be you typing up a document (however short or long) that you can read each morning (put it on your nightstand, in your bathroom, in your office, etc.) and have it be very clear about your dreams, vision, principles, goals, etc. Let it change your mindset, let it inspire you to realize how awesome you are, let it inpsire you to realize how blessed you are, let it create a paradigm shift in your attitude to one of hope, betterment, constant improvement, and love of self & others. Let it inspire you to SUCCEED in your weight loss & fitness goals!
I created mine about 3 years ago, and every time I read it, it relaxes me, softens my heart, calms me down, and let's me focus on what's really important to me. It's all stuff I know, nothing's new, but somehow just reminding myself of it is important.
Here's mine- yeah, it's personal- but I don't really care who sees it (click on it and it will get big):
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend filled with lots of moving around and lots of being good to yourselves! Remember to not take the weekends off! Be strong!
Everybody welcome Isolde!!!!! She's jumped on the blog this week with us and I just posted her bio over on the right side bar. Glad to have you!
For today's post, I wanted to introduce the next side challenge! It's one that's really personal, near & dear to my heart: Create a personal manifesto. For those who want to participate and tell us about the experience, you'll be entered into a drawing to win this prize from me: Dishwasher-safe & Reusable Sandwich/Snack Baggies.
Thank you, Wikipedia :) "A manifesto is a public declaration of principles and intentions, may also be life stance-related. Manifesto is derived from the Italian word manifesto, itself derived from the Latin manifestum, meaning clear or conspicuous."
So this challenge is going to be you typing up a document (however short or long) that you can read each morning (put it on your nightstand, in your bathroom, in your office, etc.) and have it be very clear about your dreams, vision, principles, goals, etc. Let it change your mindset, let it inspire you to realize how awesome you are, let it inpsire you to realize how blessed you are, let it create a paradigm shift in your attitude to one of hope, betterment, constant improvement, and love of self & others. Let it inspire you to SUCCEED in your weight loss & fitness goals!
I created mine about 3 years ago, and every time I read it, it relaxes me, softens my heart, calms me down, and let's me focus on what's really important to me. It's all stuff I know, nothing's new, but somehow just reminding myself of it is important.
Here's mine- yeah, it's personal- but I don't really care who sees it (click on it and it will get big):
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend filled with lots of moving around and lots of being good to yourselves! Remember to not take the weekends off! Be strong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJew4fxHl1U
ReplyDeleteWatch it, girls! Make it an awesome weekend & grab life by the horns! Love your bodies & live life to the fullest!
Love the video thanks Sarah! Looking forward to a fun filled weekend, and a successful weigh in on Monday!! Have a great weekend everyone!
ReplyDeleteLove it Sarah!!! I totally remember hearing it years ago on the radio and it still rings true! I'm looking forward to writing out a manifesto!
ReplyDeleteOk, girls, I just posted my Manifesto! Come check it out on today's post!
ReplyDeleteWhen you're doing yours, keep in mind you're writing this to just yourself, for your eyes only. I just don't really care who else sees my convo with myself here, but you don't have to share if you don't want to.
By next Friday, do this side challenge & email me to let me know how it went, how you felt, you could share an exceprt from it if you wanted to, etc. Then next Friday at the end of the day I'll post all the results I got emailed and do the drawing & post the winner of the prize!!!!!
Wow! Wow! Wow! That's one incredible manifesto. Sarah, you're something special. -one in a million.
ReplyDeleteThat sunscreen song is something I could listen to everyday. Maybe I will, I bookmarked it on my computer :) That'd make a great manifesto!