3/23/10

Tuesday Motivation

Good morning, mentally strong amazing women!

I've got to admit that the last three weeks I've been weak at best in my workouts and healthy eating willpower.  But that's the past, and this is a new week!  I got out for a long 2 hour run last night and it honestly woke me up.  I forgot how much a good hard workout refreshes me, cleanses me, heals me emotionally, etc.  Just smilin' up at the sunshine :)  Nicki, the song "Blue Skies" came up on my play list and made me think of you!  I was such a nerd, smiling and saying hi to everybody and their dog who was out and about yesterday evening :)  I even had a "go gettum" cheer for a mom jogging pushing 2 kids in a stroller (sadly wasn't Valerie, though).  My game plan for this week is to make exercise a priority again.  It has to get scheduled in 5 days a week, blocking off a chunk of time on my schedule.  I just suffer emotionally and mentally when I don't, not to mention my waistline, but honestly, it's the first that's the biggest killer for me.  So this week, I've got workouts at a high priority and I'm going to make it happen.  You ladies have helped me SO much with your determination, climbing back on the wagon, and your support.  I love hearing all your little daily successes- so keep sharing them!

This article hit home to me this morning- "Mental Readiness" by Vanessa Kennon

"This past Saturday, my daughter and I attended an excellent Self-Defense class. The instructors immediately began to teach us techniques to be used should we ever need to defend ourselves against an attacker. They would show us a move then have us practice it repeatedly; show us another move then practice that one repeatedly. They even let us punch and kick them - while holding protective pads, of course. But the idea was to simulate a real situation so we would be familiar and not have only played it through in our head, but acted it out. As we were practicing throughout the duration of the class, we were allowed to ask questions and “what if” scenarios to which they would very thoughtfully respond and demonstrate. They kept reminding us throughout the course that we must have several moves in our arsenal against an attacker. Their consistent message was to try numerous and varied moves so as to keep the attacker guessing and stunned. Further, they gave us awareness techniques. In other words, as I stated previously, an excellent course! About three-quarters of the way through is when it all rang true to me; one of the instructors stated that most people will try one or two different things and sometimes maybe three to ward off their attacker before giving up. He said “once you give up mentally, your attacker has won!” At that very moment, I realized he was not only right about an attacker; but it’s true about anything in life. When you give up mentally, you are defeated. This is why it’s so important to keep ourselves mentally “in shape”. We must feed ourselves positive information (i.e. informative and empowering books, CDs, music, and messages), we must work out mentally each and every day (positive affirmations and incantations), we must visualize and role play in our mind’s eye the end result we wish to achieve."

"Finally, a poster on the wall stated it like this:
“You have not failed when you have been defeated. You have failed when you have given up.”

"Never give up on what it is you know to be your true authentic self! Never give up on your passion or dream! Everything I read and have been taught tells me I do not have to know “How” I’m going to achieve anything; rather, all I have to know is the end result I hope to achieve. The “how” will unfold and reveal itself."
"Exercise your brain and train it to know what it is you want and see yourself living it as if it is already achieved! Much like the self-defense class my daughter and I took, you will be glad you did."

I hope all you amazing Ten in Six women have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy!! I too have been slacking in the food department and sadly was up another pound but that is the past. I have found my determination and motivation to redirect my course and I will lose those last blasted 15lbs!!!! In about 2wks I AM going to achieve another goal and will let you all know how wonderful it feels!

    I loved the part of this article about not needing to know the "how" because it will unfold and reveal itself!!! I think I get caught up on needing to know how before I take steps forward but that excuse is being challenged. Thanks for the great article!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.