Today I wanted to share two back-to-back weekly motivational messages from Vanessa Kennon, one on action and one on persistence:
3/5/10
Feel Good Friday
Goooooooooood morning! It's so sunny here that the brightness is infectious :) Hope you all can smile at the sun sometime today in your crazy schedules. There's a light at the end of this winter tunnel!
Today I wanted to share two back-to-back weekly motivational messages from Vanessa Kennon, one on action and one on persistence:
Today I wanted to share two back-to-back weekly motivational messages from Vanessa Kennon, one on action and one on persistence:
ACTION
"It's been said that we should never leave the site of setting a goal without doing something toward its attainment. No matter how small the act may seem we must do something: write an email, place a phone call, buy a book about the subject matter of your goal, set the stage and prepare but get moving in the direction of your dream! The idea is to do anything that sets in motion the intention of accomplishing the goal.
I've had people say to me "stop talking and SHOW me." What they really were telling me was "take action" to show me you're serious! My mother has always said "action speaks louder than words," oh how this rings true.....nothing is worse than saying you're going to do something and then never doing anything.
What act(s) have you done this week toward the accomplishment of your goals? Remember the size of the action makes no difference. Because if all you ever do are small acts, eventually all those little acts add up to something bigger.
Know that every single step may not produce the outcome you hoped for. That's OK! Because now you know what doesn't work, and knowledge of what does not work is just as important as what does. When it came to the light bulb, Thomas Edison knew 3,000+ acts that didn't work before he learned what DID.
The first step is usually the hardest but once you take it, build on its momentum and take another."
PERSISTENCE
"Some of you may have guessed this topic would follow last week's newsletter that focused on taking "Action". Consistent and PERSISTENT Action must be applied to reach your full potential and achieve the goals you are striving toward. One cannot throw action at a goal every once in awhile; something must be done each and every day!
In watching the Winter Olympics over the last couple of weeks, I was continually impressed at how much hard work, dedication, and Persistence these incredible athletes had given to their chosen sport. Many of them, since they were young children, had practiced and perfected their sport for many hours every day for years on end. Even more impressive were those that had encountered numerous and sometimes devastating set-backs, yet they persisted and overcame.
The truth is this: any dream worth chasing is absolutely going to have roadblocks. The testament to your commitment and desire to achieve will be cultivated in those moments. Actually, I believe they are even a necessary part of the process. It is through those difficult times that we are developed personally enough to handle the position of having achieved our lofty dream. Anything big enough worth "dreaming" about has to be worth the glory of achieving it, and without the set-backs we may not be truly appreciative of its attainment.
Never, never give up! We must press on and overcome any obstacle that should fall in our path. Jack Canfield writes in his book The Success Principles, "Persistence is probably the single most common quality of high achievers. They simply refuse to give up." One of my favorite quotes on this subject is by B.C Forbes, Founder of Forbes magazine: "History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."
Go forth claiming your dream and be PERSISTENT in its achievement. Eventually you will meet with SUCCESS."
So what do you ladies think of those messages? "Never, never give up" echoes from Meghan's message yesterday! I had to highlight my favorite part there in the last one. Anything worth dreaming is GOING to have obstacles. Just accept that it's part of the long journey. You're going to battle those obstacles and if you decide to do something about it, I KNOW you'll find a way around them, through them, or over them, :) My favorite part is "GO FORTH IN CLAIMING YOUR DREAM!" So make it a phenomenal weekend, girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























"Remember the size of the action makes no difference. Because if all you ever do are small acts, eventually all those little acts add up to something bigger."
ReplyDeleteThat quote hits home with me on so many levels. I have to remind myself of this frequently. I so often get down on myself for not getting everything done I want to, or wose, not even starting because I know I can't complete the project immediately.
Here's to the baby steps that move us foward! Have a great weekend.