Starting today, you're going to begin tracking everything you eat or drink in MFP and tracking every calorie you burn in MFP. Whatever you entered in for your goals, MFP will determine a daily net calorie value that you should aim for. If you workout and burn x number of calories, then you eat the calories you burn to get to that net calorie value. Make sense? You'll should get it when you play around w/ it enough, but let me know what questions you have & I can help you walk through it.
3/1/10
First Day of the New Challenge
Good morning, weight loss wonder women! Hope you’re feeling great this morning- excited, refreshed, and rejuvenated for a fantastic 6 weeks ahead of us. For those who are brand new- Amy F., Carla, Isolde, Marnie, & Marin (the original creator of this blog now back post-baby)-WELCOME! Can’t wait to get to know you better & hear all you have to contribute to this great group of ladies. For the rest of us who are continuing on from previous challenges- let’s ramp it up a level to really bring it this time around!
Starting today, you're going to begin tracking everything you eat or drink in MFP and tracking every calorie you burn in MFP. Whatever you entered in for your goals, MFP will determine a daily net calorie value that you should aim for. If you workout and burn x number of calories, then you eat the calories you burn to get to that net calorie value. Make sense? You'll should get it when you play around w/ it enough, but let me know what questions you have & I can help you walk through it.
To all of us, we have our own individual excuses for falling out of fitness or for gaining that extra weight over the years or for not getting our sneakers on or for not finding the time to work out or for not having the energy to plan healthy eating. Only you can determine what your excuses are, and chances are you know them better than you’d like to know them- you’re intimate bosom buddies w/ those dang excuses. Many are going to be unique to just you and your psyche or just you and your current living dynamics. But whatever those excuses are, determine today that you’re going to do your darndest to challenge them! Sever the umbilical cord to those excuses that kept you plump and sedated. Adios, excuses! It’s a daily choice to challenge them- it’s not a once at the beginning of this challenge. For many of us, it’s multiple times every day even AFTER you think you have a habit established. And speaking of habits, it takes at LEAST a good 6 weeks to develop a habit, so give yourself the full 6 weeks of trying really hard to live a healthy lifestyle. Show your body who is boss. Mind over matter. Daily decisions on our attitude. Feel GREAT again!
This morning you should have weighed in and taken your body measurements (whatever areas you want to track: I like tracking a ton of areas like waist, hips, bum, thighs, calves, ribcage, bust, neck, upper arm, etc. Gosh darn it, I’m gonna see a millimeter loss somewhere :) You also should have entered these measurements into your My Fitness Pal profile and made sure that today’s starting weight is the only weight that shows up in there so that your badge on the ride side of this blog starts at ZERO lbs lost. For instructions on that, see the last post, or let me know and I can walk you through it.
Starting today, you're going to begin tracking everything you eat or drink in MFP and tracking every calorie you burn in MFP. Whatever you entered in for your goals, MFP will determine a daily net calorie value that you should aim for. If you workout and burn x number of calories, then you eat the calories you burn to get to that net calorie value. Make sense? You'll should get it when you play around w/ it enough, but let me know what questions you have & I can help you walk through it.
Alright, blog housekeeping out of the way, how are you all feeling today????!!!! Browse all the side bar names, bios, and rewards. Comment on today’s post by clicking “Challengers Check-in” underneath the post. You may have to log in w/ your Google/Blogger account (free to create one if you don’t have one already) or you can also just make it an anonymous comment, but tell us who you so we know. Introduce yourselves, welcome the new gals, and share w/ everybody (even if you did before) exactly WHY you’re going to lose this weight. I love this part! Hearing everyone's reasons is motivating for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Feeling great today! I'm motivated to keep going with this and determined to lose some more weight and get smaller. We've had some stressful changes over the past couple weeks, so my main goal this time is to challenge those excuses. I will keep finding ways to exercise and eat right, despite the challenges I'm facing. I've got a long way to go, but I'm doing it 1 step at a time. My goal for this 6-week challenge is to lose 7 more pounds.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to be back! I am excited to get my body back in gear after this rough winter. I have deleted some things off my 'to do' list in life, hopefully making more time to work on ME. Although I'm still a busy lady, I really want to get back in shape! This time around, I should have a buddy or two to help me get to the gym and stick with it, and I feel that is a major factor that will help see me through! I want to lose 30 pounds total - obviously this will take some time. I want to feel sexy for my husband - even though he says I'm fine, I don't believe it! But more importantly, I want to feel better and have more confidence in myself! I am in charge this year of girls camp for my church taking 60 girls camping for a week in July, and I want to be able to keep up with them and have my mind clear enough and confident enough to run this camp! ah! My goal this challenge is to at least lose all ten pounds in the 6 weeks. With everyone's help and the help of my buddies, I can do it!! Good Luck ladies and it's good to be back!
ReplyDeleteI am exhausted today and honestly a little overwhelmed. These last few weeks have been really crazy for me. My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and we started her on medication but over the last few days her sleeping has been off. She has been falling asleep easily (which is a huge plus) but waking up in the middle of the night completely rested and not able to fall back asleep. Thus leaving me, like today, completely wiped out and just wanting to curl up and sleep.
ReplyDeleteI am really excited about this challenge and really set of doing amazing this challenge. I picked up a bike trainer from craigslist, where I can just attach it to my bike and I can bike inside during the really cold days. I am hoping that this will be a great way to destress.
I am really excited because over the last challenge I saw an increase in my energy and I really want to keep that up. I want to set a great example for my daughter and get out and go skating or biking this summer.
It's so great to start another 10 in 6! It revs up my motivation levels big time!
ReplyDeleteI'm wanting to lose those final few pounds to my goal weight because if feels SO MUCH BETTER to live without all that extra baggage! -and I mean physical baggage and mental baggage. Every thing I do is easier because I'm living so much healthier and smaller now. Each task from exercising to sleeping is so much more pleasant.
Welcome newcomers and welcome back to everyone else! Let's make it a great 6 weeks towards a better summer by the pool this year!
Its good to be back! But also a little intimidating. I have a lot on my plate right now (esp. this week with in-laws coming for the baby blessing), but this is really my top priority. Sure I want to lose the weight and be the healthier me I know I can be, but also I want to help my family by being a good example and rubbing off on them. (Hubby gained some "sympathy weight" this pregnancy.) We're trying to do this together.
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm expecting some stumbles along the way, but I'm going to take it one day at a time. My mantra for this six weeks is even if I mess up a day or an hour or a minute, that doesn't mean I'm sunk for the whole six weeks. I'm going to keep picking myself back up and trying again & again!
Valerie said...
ReplyDeleteI am excited to restart my dieting and fitness regime. I think that my ideal body size is within reach, so I am going to try and get there. I am also focusing primarily on food this time. If I lose no weight and only eliminate junk food, It will be a success. During this challenge I plan to run two marathons, so the exercise component will take care of itself. I have a full 20lbs to get to my goal weight. I plan to be 10lbs closer at the end of this challenge!
Woohoo! I'm pumped to start another 6 weeks. My goal is 8 pounds. AND part 2 of my goal is to keep up - no INCREASE - my efforts and motivation in week 5 and 6. Let's do this.
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! So glad to get started again! Welcome all of you new comers and all of you that were missing for awhile there! I'm feeling a bit settled in now in our new home so I'm extremely motivated to lose this 10 pounds this next 6 weeks!!! I have yet to actually hit the 10 pound goal in the 6 weeks, but I'm hoping this will be my lucky round! ;) I made my little chart the other day to post my progress so far and I was pleased to see that I've lost 54 lbs since I started this weight loss journey from baby #4! Not much of that was recently, but still at least it's progress going in the right direction. Now just to kick it up a notch! My plan this week is to record everything in My fitness pal, aerobic work out 4 days and strength training for 2. Good Luck all of you!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to all you newcomers!! I am excited that you are joining us and hope to be able to learn from each other! You will absolutely love being part of this wonderful group of ladies! There is such great positive energy in this group and I have really missed that this last week so I am really excited to start this next challenge!
ReplyDeleteI have many reasons for wanting to lose this weight with the main reason being that I want to be healthy and be an example to my husband and children. I want to have energy to keep up with my children and be actively involved in their lives. I want to inspire other women and to inspire myself :) I am tired of making up excuses and I am going to challenge those excuses and really ramp it up. My main focus will be on my eating and to log in everything I eat. This area has been really hard for me but I am up for the challenge and I know I can do it...we all can and I'm really glad we are all doing this together! And great job Nicki on losing 54 lbs! WOW, I am soooo proud of you! So grateful you told me about this group! Hope you all have a great first week! :)
all right, here i go again! i am almost half way to my goal. i'm hoping to curb my snacking and strengthening my willpower. if i can do that then i would be golden. we just got our girl scout cookies yesterday so the willpower is all ready being tested. i have some work to do! :) it should be a bit easier these next few weeks. i am assistant track coach and practice starts next monday so we will see. i am desiring to lose the weight to feel better about me and to have more energy to keep up with my two kids and husband. i lost 10 lbs. last time around and hoping for the same results but anything is bonus!!! welcome to all the newbies! here's to a good week!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome everyone. I am so excited and nervous for this challenge. Excited because my goal is to lose 10 pounds and nervous because I'm going on a cruise and want to totally enjoy all the yummy food, but not gain all the weight. I'm still determined to make it to 10 lbs for this challenge. I want to lose weight for two reasons. Reason #1 is so that I can lead a long healthy, pain free life and #2 is so that I can ENJOY getting down and really playing with my kids and grandkids. Thanks to Sarah for keeping me motivated!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to be starting fresh again!! I'm happy to say the week off did not bring a several pound weight gain this time around.
ReplyDeleteI'm shooting for the full 10 pounds again this challenge, and I will be using mfp to it's full potential to achieve this goal. During this challenge, I will be continuing my triathlon training, I'll be in Las Vegas for 5 days during week 3, and I'm making a 4 week commitment to a change in my eating style. The biggest changes I'm making are cutting out dairy and coffee....I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay away from yogurt and cheese. I think replacing coffee with tea will workout just fine.
I'm also starting 90 days of yoga. I got the idea from another blog. She was doing a full hour per day. I am going for a 15 minute minimum each day. This is definitely doable for me.
I can't wait to hear from everyone over the next 6 weeks!
Hi, I'm Carla. It's my first time stepping out of the lurking shadows here. I am excited to be focusing on the future right now and not thinking about my previous flops, flubs, and failures. I haven't had any accountability added to my efforts since I tried weight watchers years ago, so I'm curious to see how that component helps me achieve my goal this time around.
ReplyDelete******************************************************************************************* My four year old is helping me add some flair to my post. I am also preparing to transition away from working out at a club. If anyone can recommend a great treadmill I'm searching now.
Welcome Carla! Welcome everyone! It's March. Nothing can stop us now. Spring begins halfway through this challenge, so we've got some good karma going for us. My goal: lose 5 pounds in 6 weeks.
ReplyDeleteStress induces change and I'm ready to change!! Time to step it up. Baby is sleeping earlier lately (~10) so that means I need to get my butt to the gym.
ReplyDeleteI;m so excited for a new session! I am thrilled to be only 6 pounds away from my goal, so I will be spending quite a bit of time toning instead of focusing solely on cardio.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to all the new members!
It is sooo great to be starting a new ten in six!!! Welcome all the new comers. You are in for a very wonderful ride!! This is not my first ten in six so I went back to the beginning and read my statement of what I want and don't want to refocus myself. I kinda lost that for awhile but am so excited to correct it and start achieving my goals!! I want to lose 10 lbs this challenge. I tend to start off really strong and then stumble the second half. I will NOT do that this time!! I will push thru and succeed!!!
ReplyDelete