Happy New Year, Ten-in-Sixers!!!!!!! Doesn't it feel awesome to have ALREADY been doing phenomenal things for yourselves and your bodies BEFORE new year's resolution time? Yay, you! Welcome, 2010!
Here is a fun New Year's quote I found:
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” -Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Think about your Most Amazing Future. This is something we talk about a lot in the business world, with various coaches & authors touting the advice. If you could think about your most amazing future possible, not just a cool future, not just a so-so future, not just the future that you think will probably happen, but DREAM HUGE and think about your absolute most amazing future, absolute best case scenario, if there was sno limit whatsoever to your dreams. Take a piece of paper, write in big letters in the middle of it My Most Amazing Future. Then all around it in smaller lettering, write all the things that are in your most amazing future, whether its qualities, characteristics, actions, habits, locations, activities, feats, accomplishments, whatever it might be. And when you think you have it complete, DREAM BIGGER! Add more. Add it until the whole page is full. If you want, do this as a family for an activity and come up with your FAMILY's most amazing future.
Check out this
audio clip that is the audio version of the emailed message I got earlier this week from the motivator Jon Gordon, that's kept me excited.
Think about your goals within that Most Amazing Future (some of them will be short-term goals and some of them will be 30-year goals, that's ok). Every choice every day will take you closer to that most amazing future or it will keep you stalled where you're at. LEAP despite your self-doubts. In that moment when you're on the edge of decision, on the edge of choice in your attitude, remember that you have a choice- to give up or keep striving forward. No longer allow fear to paralyze you. No longer allow your self-doubt to limit your potential. Be excited to jump into the ocean of abundance!!!!! Take a leap of fate. No one is going to push you over the chasm of struggle to create the life that you want. YOU must take the leap!
What are a couple of things from that Most Amazing Future that MOST excite you????????? Share a couple that are fitness related maybe....
I want to become a personal trainer on the side someday! That's my biggest and most exciting thing on my list! It pumps me up so much just dreaming about it :)
ReplyDeleteSarah, you would be a fantastic personal trainer! You can train me any time. You may want to consider life coach as well since that's what you are doing here already!
ReplyDeleteI was looking for a goal app for my phone. I'm big on the goals. I found one called 43 things for free that is also a website (also free) you all may want to check it out. www.43things.com
This year I'm shooting for a sprint triathlon, a 1/2 marathon, and a century ride. I would also like to be able to climb a rock wall.
Here's to a fantastic year!!!
Happy New Year! I'm excited for a fresh start and loving this "Most Amazing Future" thing.
ReplyDeleteMy fitness goals:
1. Lose 20 more pounds by March 1.
2. Interval Running Sprints 3X weekly. Yoga & Strength training 3X weekly.
3. Get into and stay in my goal weight "decade" (40 pounds total loss) by June 1, then maintaining forever - aside from pregnancy if I choose to do that again-LOL!
Two other goals that excite me:
1. Run 3 successful web businesses. I already have 1 site going strong and the 2nd one is in the works.
2. Plan for and enjoy frequent adventurous activities and trips with our children. Get out of our comfort zones..like our newest idea: dog sledding.
Sarah - Yes! You would be a phenomenal personal trainer! That's such a fun goal to leap forward to. Amy, a SPRINT triathalon sounds very exciting! Way to go losing fear and taking a leap just putting those tough goals up as official goals for yourself. And Jen, also some mighty goals. I am especially inspired about the idea of "frequent adventure activities" being a goal to leap for fearlessly this year. I am copying a version of that idea in my own goals!
ReplyDeleteI loved the freedom I felt when writing on my "most amazing future" paper. I am definitely posting this up somewhere to keep that freedom-to-achieve-what-I-really-want feeling all year.
Fitness related, my goals include:
1. Eat 15-20g sugar daily and eat mostly (90+ percent) raw, fresh, and whole grains.
2. Reach and break through my workout "wall" 3 or more times a week, and do active play or workout 6 days a week.
3. Form a habit of getting to bed around 10 PM.
Quick - before the day is through...I have tell you I have re-written my "diet" goal. Realizing that my methods to reaching my goal weight and strength may change, I changed goal #1 to
ReplyDelete1.drop 10 pounds this year and make that my new baseline.
Health related, I've got 18 pounds to get to my goal weight on April 5th. I can do it!!!!! That is VERY exciting to me! I loved reading all of your goals as well! I'm so proud of how positive you ladies are staying! Thanks for your many thoughts! Making my "Most Amazing Future" list was very therapeutic.......
ReplyDelete