12/29/09

Tuesday's Motivation

Good {Early} Morning, Girls!
Here's an easy post for the day- a bunch of motivational quotes!  Check out all these gems here.  Which one is your favorite?

I loved:
Ralph Marston: "Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality."


Share your favorite motivational quotes with us, little mantras that really get you going :)

7 comments:

  1. Chose to challenge your excuses today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah you are up really early this morning!! Welcome to the up before the butt crack of dawn club. Thanks for the quotes they are great. There are a couple that I liked:

    It's not whether you knocked down; it's whether you get up again. - Vince Lombardi This reminds me to keep fighting. To focus on what we can control and not on what we can't. We are going to stumble but we have the choice to get up and keep moving.

    That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember. - Thomas Fuller This made me think of some of the things I have accomplished and the hard work that I put into them. The harder I fought or struggled to accomplish something the greater the feeling of joy and satisfaction was. The more it hurts the better it will feel when accomplished.

    And the last two that made me laugh were:

    If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people.

    The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.

    Make it a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the quote I like "On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow." -Friedrich Nietzsche

    I like this quote because I'm back from my trip and trying to "climb higher" by being positive and shaking off some very toxic interactions I experienced with my mom and dad... (I sound like a therapist using words like that-LOL).

    We were without electricity for 36 hours there, so the combined boredom and negativity put me over the edge (yes, an Christmas. BUT, shockingly, I am thrilled thrilled thrilled to report no gain, and I kept off those 2 pounds lost last week. I'm down 8 total. I'm shooting to lose 2 more this week for a total of 10 by Monday.

    Ladies, I am so thankful for each of you... I am almost getting teary-eyed because I feel so grateful to be surrounded by positive, upbeat people - even if only virtually. :) I am SO glad to be home and back online with you fantastic, rockin', wonderful women! THIS WILL BE THE BEST WEEK EVERYBODY! WE WILL ROCK THE SCALES MONDAY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work in a very challenging situation Jen!!!

    My favorite quote is

    Go in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. -Thoreau

    I found a necklace with the second sentence engraved on it and I wear it all the time to keep me focused on the life I imagine.

    The sun is shining and the Dog park is calling!! Time for a good run with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We want to have more energy to enjoy life, to enjoy it together with our families and friends, to be ready with the energy and strength to help our family and friends and neighbors and communities.

    Some of my greatest motivation is knowing I do more good in the world when I have good energy and a strong body. We have access to eternal strength and hope, and I feel plugged into that when I focus on why I really want to be the healthiest me.

    Here is a quote I have printed off by my computer:

    "I hope you will go out today looking for opportunities to do as He did and to love as He loves." - Henry B. Eyring

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when the inspirational quotes come out!
    My favorite, from a previois 10 in 6 that is on my bedroom wall:

    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." - Buddhist saying

    I love this one b/c it helps me to chill out when I get all anxious. It's no big deal! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and there's no way you WON'T get there!

    Another favorite:

    "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stick with problems longer." -Albert Einstein

    I love this one b/c it helps me to be okay with losing very slowly. I'll get there b/c I'm sticking with it!

    My favorite from the new list:

    "You have to stay in shape. My grandma, she started walking 5 mi. a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is." -Ellen Degeneres

    What can I say? I love Ellen!

    Great job Jen! Family can be tough, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each new day gives us a chance to become more than we ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.