12/31/09
Feel the Burn Thursday!
Good morning, girls! I am so stoked on a personal level this morning- I crossed a threshold that was HUGE for me! I entered a new “decade” on the scale. Feels good to be out of the old weight “decade” that I had been stuck at for a long time! That high feels so great! Having a great week so far, hoping the weekend will hold a lot of fun adventure!
I am listening right now to the audio book 50/50 by Dean Karnazes in which he tells the story of him doing 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. He did this in 2006, sponsored by North Face, in a big tour called the Endurance 50. I get so amped up to run when I get to listen to these snippets throughout my week! Granted, it’s only 15 minutes maybe every other day, but having that playing in my car is so fun. I’ve learned a lot about sweat rates, altitude training advantages, physiological elements, and hill workouts, etc. One of my favorite things in there is his talking about motivation- how sometimes we get burned out or otherwise need to overcome low motivation. He says,
“MOTIVATION MUST BE CHOSEN.”
I love that. It’s a choice. Something we talk about on this blog a ton. Every morning is a choice. Every setback presents a choice. Every moment our attitude is a choice. Every excuse that pops up we have a choice to challenge it or to let it win as usual. He doesn’t like doing motivational speaking b/c the pump-up effect on the crowd is so short-lived. External motivation doesn’t really last or doesn’t have a lasting impression. The person needs to CHOOSE to be motivated, needs to DECIDE to be motivated. What do you think of that?
What great workouts have you done this week??? Or what do you have planned for this weekend??? My knee is feeling a ton better after having taken it easy this week and so I’m planning a good run for this evening followed by some indoor cycling- can’t wait! I will have some long relaxed runs this weekend, too.
Laura, how’s your new elliptical machine working out??? Red Hot, how did your runs go while on vacation since you had free babysitters in some awesome family members??? Abrey, is your foot healing??? Amy, is your head cold gone??? I hope all of you have a phenomenal weekend & a beautiful new year celebration.
I am very stoked about tomorrow’s posting, BTW, all about the new year, so start thinking now about your goals for the next year that freak you out they’re so big & lofty!!!!!!
I am listening right now to the audio book 50/50 by Dean Karnazes in which he tells the story of him doing 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. He did this in 2006, sponsored by North Face, in a big tour called the Endurance 50. I get so amped up to run when I get to listen to these snippets throughout my week! Granted, it’s only 15 minutes maybe every other day, but having that playing in my car is so fun. I’ve learned a lot about sweat rates, altitude training advantages, physiological elements, and hill workouts, etc. One of my favorite things in there is his talking about motivation- how sometimes we get burned out or otherwise need to overcome low motivation. He says,
“MOTIVATION MUST BE CHOSEN.”
I love that. It’s a choice. Something we talk about on this blog a ton. Every morning is a choice. Every setback presents a choice. Every moment our attitude is a choice. Every excuse that pops up we have a choice to challenge it or to let it win as usual. He doesn’t like doing motivational speaking b/c the pump-up effect on the crowd is so short-lived. External motivation doesn’t really last or doesn’t have a lasting impression. The person needs to CHOOSE to be motivated, needs to DECIDE to be motivated. What do you think of that?
What great workouts have you done this week??? Or what do you have planned for this weekend??? My knee is feeling a ton better after having taken it easy this week and so I’m planning a good run for this evening followed by some indoor cycling- can’t wait! I will have some long relaxed runs this weekend, too.
Laura, how’s your new elliptical machine working out??? Red Hot, how did your runs go while on vacation since you had free babysitters in some awesome family members??? Abrey, is your foot healing??? Amy, is your head cold gone??? I hope all of you have a phenomenal weekend & a beautiful new year celebration.
I am very stoked about tomorrow’s posting, BTW, all about the new year, so start thinking now about your goals for the next year that freak you out they’re so big & lofty!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Choose today to let this blog & all of the awesome fellow challengers pump you up!!!!!!! Choose to be happy, positive, and active today!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to put a sign on the bathroom mirror
ReplyDeleteWhat do you choose today?
My eyes and nose were a bit drippy earlier in the week, but they seem mostly better now.
I had a good run on Tuesday with the dogs at the park. I think they are good motivators. They are having so much fun, it makes my run more fun.
Wednesday I went out to run on the SW bike path. The run didn't feel very good, but kept up the walking pace and went just short of 3 miles.
Today I went to swimming, it's super fun, and I signed up for the triathlon training group at The endurance house.
I talked to my brother, and I now am the proud owner of a key to the exercise room at the holiday inn express! Now I have access to a treadmill on the yucky weather days!!!!
I'm already thinking about my goals! I love the beginning of a new month, it's time for goal setting!
Amy, good for you on the running with the pups! I am excited about your endurance house sign up and access to treadmills. You're not just challenging your excuses, you're eliminating them all together. Nice work! Go, girl! I just got done with a good run w/ my hubby on the treadmills at the fitness center at my work. Good start to the long weekend! We leave tomorow morning for Florida! Yay!
ReplyDeleteGreat job working out ladies! I'm thinking I like the sound of Amy's run through the dog park. I'd like to try that this weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun in sunny Florida Sarah! Can't wait to see tomorrow's post.
I got my massage today! It was my reward for losing 10 lbs. (my first 10 in 6 goal) It was GREAT!
Meghan, I am soooooo jealous of your massage! Are you totally a pile of pudding now, or what?!? Hehe.... I know you'll sleep well tonight! Yay for pampering yourself and horray for hitting your 10lb goal!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will be doing the drawing for the "schedule" side-challenge tomorrow, so check in to see who win the prize :)
Running has been a great release! And I also got Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD and have been able to add some weights to my workout...I'm sore and I LOVE IT!! This is going to be a great year!
ReplyDelete