12/9/09
Whatcha Eatin' Wednesday
Good morning, ladies!!! So much excitement going on right now I can barely contain it! First, My Fitness Pal app is now available for the iPhone/iTouch! It's awesome! I've been playing on it this morning. It's so quick and I like that it shows net calories clearly at the top of the daily diary, and that the food & exercises are all on the same one page diary instead of on different tabs like on the website. Second, this snow is AWESOME! It's outrageous. Hubby's picking up a shovel for me today to go to town on it, maybe our patio and the sidewalk in front of our building :) I really really want to go sledding tonight, too! I just need to borrow someone's kids...and a sled... hahaha! Third, the Biggest Loser finale last night was NUTS! I am so happy about the outcome! The person who won is the person I wanted to win (I'll keep that vague for you DVR'ing divas)! I think Tracey looked creepy, and Rebecca is much more beautiful as a brunnette, but overall, WOW! It was so inspiring! Michele & I kept texting back & forth, "WOW!!!" and "OH MY GOSH!!!!" Something like that, watching so many success stories, it really amps me up and makes me motivated to push it harder & stronger in my resolve & workouts. Incredible! I think I'm going to run the stairs tonight for my workout!
Ok, so what have you ladies been eating lately? Share some good new recipes! Continuing on with yesterday's post & incredible comments about de-stressing to improve our health & wellbeing, here are some really cool articles on foods that you can eat that help to calm and relax you.
Foods that will help keep you calm
Stress-busting snacks
What to eat for better sleep
Just made up last night my dinner meal plan for the next 7 days and will grocery shop tonight. Unfortunately most of them are NOT new recipes- they're all ones I've posted on here before- but just our favorites:
Meatloaf Mugs w/ Sweet Potato Fries
Thai Chicken Pasta (from Janis!) (my favorite meal!)
Feta-Topped Chicken w/ Pureed Cauliflower (hubby's favorite meal!)
Stuffed Pepper Soup (from Amy F!)
Sweet Potato Turkey Meatloaf w/ Steamed Green Beans
Steak Salad w/ Lemon Walnut Vinaigrette (hubby's 2nd favorite meal!)
And for breakfasts/lunches/mini-meals/snacks:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothies (had one for breakfast this morning- yum!)
Reduced-Fat Triscuits w/ Laughing Cow Bonbel Cheese Wheel & Honey Crisp Apple
Multi-Grain Cheerio's w/ Skim Milk
Roast Beef or Sliced Chicken or Turkey Sandwiches w/ Sara Lee 45 calorie Multi-Grain bread slices, Lettuce, Tomato, & horseraddish
Leftovers from dinners
Sweet Potato Fries recipe:
1 sweet potato
olive oil
paprika
cinnamon
3 truvia packets
*Peel sweet potato, cut into skinny shoe string fries, a few inches long. Toss in bowl w/ just a tiny drizzle of olive oil until it's all lightly coated. Spread on cookie sheet (we used baking stone). Sprinkle on cinnamon, paprika, and about 2-3 truvia packets (zero calorie stevia sweetener). Bake about 25 minutes at 350 ish, flipping/shuffling them halfway through. SO GOOD!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe:
1/4 cup canned Libby's pumpkin
1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
1 single-serve container of light vanilla yogurt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 gingersnap cookie
1 truvia packet
*Combine all ingredients in a magic bullet or other blender. If you want it thinner, add a half cup to a cup of skim milk. Without the skim milk, though, it's about 198 calories. And SO GOOD!
Ok, so what have you ladies been eating lately? Share some good new recipes! Continuing on with yesterday's post & incredible comments about de-stressing to improve our health & wellbeing, here are some really cool articles on foods that you can eat that help to calm and relax you.
Foods that will help keep you calm
Stress-busting snacks
What to eat for better sleep
Just made up last night my dinner meal plan for the next 7 days and will grocery shop tonight. Unfortunately most of them are NOT new recipes- they're all ones I've posted on here before- but just our favorites:
Meatloaf Mugs w/ Sweet Potato Fries
Thai Chicken Pasta (from Janis!) (my favorite meal!)
Feta-Topped Chicken w/ Pureed Cauliflower (hubby's favorite meal!)
Stuffed Pepper Soup (from Amy F!)
Sweet Potato Turkey Meatloaf w/ Steamed Green Beans
Steak Salad w/ Lemon Walnut Vinaigrette (hubby's 2nd favorite meal!)
And for breakfasts/lunches/mini-meals/snacks:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothies (had one for breakfast this morning- yum!)
Reduced-Fat Triscuits w/ Laughing Cow Bonbel Cheese Wheel & Honey Crisp Apple
Multi-Grain Cheerio's w/ Skim Milk
Roast Beef or Sliced Chicken or Turkey Sandwiches w/ Sara Lee 45 calorie Multi-Grain bread slices, Lettuce, Tomato, & horseraddish
Leftovers from dinners
Sweet Potato Fries recipe:
1 sweet potato
olive oil
paprika
cinnamon
3 truvia packets
*Peel sweet potato, cut into skinny shoe string fries, a few inches long. Toss in bowl w/ just a tiny drizzle of olive oil until it's all lightly coated. Spread on cookie sheet (we used baking stone). Sprinkle on cinnamon, paprika, and about 2-3 truvia packets (zero calorie stevia sweetener). Bake about 25 minutes at 350 ish, flipping/shuffling them halfway through. SO GOOD!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe:
1/4 cup canned Libby's pumpkin
1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
1 single-serve container of light vanilla yogurt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 gingersnap cookie
1 truvia packet
*Combine all ingredients in a magic bullet or other blender. If you want it thinner, add a half cup to a cup of skim milk. Without the skim milk, though, it's about 198 calories. And SO GOOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























Have fun today, ladies!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOoooohhhhhh, Sarah, that pumpkin pie smoothie I just mad was SOOOOO good and FILLING! Try it ladies! You won't be disappointed. (I had a different type of sweetener - Stevia - and I added some cottage cheese and regular milk instead of evaporated because I didn't have it, BUT yum yum yum!)
ReplyDeleteYou're right, this snow is AWESOME! I got to go on a cross-country skii this morning - the trail snow was too thick and slow for my feeling this morning, but the roads had THE perfect amount of snow for a fast, smooth glide. hmmmmmm. Then home to help Dave get out of the driveway. I am super excited to make a pumpkin pie shake. My snacks are super simple - today it's bell pepper and mushrooms sliced up and dipped in some simple olive oil and BRAGGS cidar vinegar dressing.
ReplyDelete