12/10/09
Feel the Burn Thursday
Hello, dears :) What workouts have you been doing? What do you have planned for this weekend? JUST because it's winter doesn't mean you can't run outside. Buck up! :)
"Do quality workouts year-round, including during the winter. You're less likely to get injured because you won't hurry the training process, and you'll race better because you build fitness on a solid foundation."
-Brad Hudson, elite coach, as quoted in Runnersworld.com's Daily Kick in the Butt
And this New Balance article on running in the winter from Amy C. has some good tips for getting started and staying motivated: 12 Tips to Winter Running.
For those of you who don't run, disregard, but let us know instead what activities and workouts you do during the winter to maximize calorie burn :)
Make it a great day! It's sunny and beautiful here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Monday I ran 6 miles then did 20 minutes of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD (level one workout w/ Bob). Tuesday I ran 3 miles then did 30 minutes of the same DVD (warm up, level one, cool down). Wednesday I ran the stairs in my office building after work, rocking out to my iPod, 7 flights of stairs up 4 times (and obviously down 4 times, too :)) then when I got home I did 30 minutes of the Dancing with the Stars DVD (warm up, samba, paso doble, cool down). My committment to everyone on here and to myself was one workout DVD per day this week, and I'm happy to say I've kept that, though it's been a challenge. Tonight I'm running 6 and doing another DVD- hmmmm....maybe Tae Bo? And THANKS to Nicki for letting me borrow all of these awesome DVDs!
ReplyDeleteMy fingers and forearms have been getting a lot of exercise this week. I've been doing a lot of Christmas knitting ;)
ReplyDeleteI didn't do much this week for exercise. I rode my bike one day, and of course had the dogs out for walking multiple times.
Goals for next week:
Finish Jingle Bell run 4 min faster than Berbee Derby.
Run 1 time other than Jingle Bell
Ride my bike 2 times
Swim 1 time
1 yoga class
There will also be continued finger and forearm exercises!
Shoveled snow for hours yesterday, I can't bend down very well so I know my muscles took a good beating! :). I'm hopping on my trainer the rest of the week.
ReplyDeleteThose are nice tips for winter running. -good article Sarah. I was wondering, do you winter runners get long lasting headaches when you come in from a run? I experienced that last week.
ReplyDeleteMonday and Tuesday this week, I focused on stregth training. Lots of work in front of the TV after the kids went to bed :) Wednesday, I was shoveling snow for hours like Nicki. I feel it all over my body, especially in my arms. I have a bit more shoveling to do today and am planning on my elliptical for the end of the week. I'm loving all this snow! It's bright and beautiful out there!
I ran and biked monday and today. Tuesday I knew the storm was coming so I did all my strength training and elipitcal work. Wednesday I did a little shoveling and some ab work but not a lot. Tomorrow I will do strength training and eliptical. I am afraid to ask but what are we doing Saturday for running group?? Last Saturday was great! Yesterday eating was rough especially with not being able to get the calorie burn in I usually do. But today is another day and I choose to do better!!!!
ReplyDelete