9/15/09

Motivational Tuesday

So from last week, from the post that listed 20 motivational weight loss tips, it said that reading success stories will help you stay motivated and realize how accomplish-able (like how I made that word up? :P ) your goals really are. If they can do it, you can do it, right? Check out these success stories:
You Lose, You Win
This one was one of my favorite before & after pics- check out those guns! Wow!

What I gather from reading a bunch of these is that they sometimes took a REALLY LONG TIME but the women did NOT give up. Hitting our goals probably won't be on our ideal time frame, determination and hard work can get you there. Slow results add up. These stories are great. Love them! Did you find anything helpful or motivational in them? Kristin, share your success story with us! I can post pics if you have them ;)

2 comments:

  1. In these stories, weight loss wasn't the only challenge these women were facing. No, they were also dealing with divorce, job layoffs, raising kids, depression, even a heart attack. And their response? Being busy/sick/tired and feeling sorry for themselves were not acceptable excuses. But instead of overwhelming themselves by trying to do-it-all, they say "take your time", "every little bit counts", and "find a workout you enjoy". It's good to remember life is a journey, a process. Thanks for sharing the stories, Sarah, very motivational!

    I have something else I want to share. Last night I was organizing a bit and found a scrap of paper that one of my college friends gave me. Printed on it is a quote by Walt Disney: "Just because you can't do everything doesn't mean you shouldn't do something. When your values are clear, your decision-making is easy." How cool that this little inspiration given to me eight years ago touched my heart again yesterday and fits into our conversations in this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Sarah F. I'd like to add that the attitude of never giving up even when you have a bad day is essential. These wonderful examples of weight loss success are from women who kept fighting for their health. These are not the ones who had a bad diet and exercise day or week and decided to chuck it all and give up. -very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.