9/17/09

Feel Good Friday

Hello, beautiful ladies! We only have 10 more days left in this challenge- I can't believe it's been so long already. First, just to flaunt, here are the prizes going out today to the two participants in the t-shirt side-challenge. Congratulations, Linds & Nicole! Linds is getting the Smartwool multisport socks & Nicole is getting the Smartwool running socks.

Second, I thought this quote from the Runner's World magazine's Daily Kick in the Butt (they email a daily motivational quote) was pretty hilarious.

"It's the road signs, 'Beware of Lions.'" -Kip Lagat, Kenyan distance runner, during the Sydney Olympics, explaining why his country produces so many great runners.



Think about that as you're out and about this weekend getting in great sweat sessions, calorie burns, and pounding the pavement. Your lion could be the positive reinforcement/motivation you shared with us at the beginning of the challenge, ie your kids, your happiness, peace, sexiness, etc. Or your lion could be the negative reinforcement of what the old lazy you was like. Let that push you forward into charging your goals! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Monday morning starts the last week of the 10 in 6 Challenge! Make it a great finish!

3 comments:

  1. We've all come so far. I can't believe the last week is just around the corner! I don't want our 10 in 6 group to end! So, Sarah, you're going to continue us along aren't you??? Please!!!

    On another note, I had the best bike ride today. Dave, my husband, had the day off work and we rode out past Blue Mounds on the bike trail while the monkeys were at school. It was so fun. Dave and I haven't ridden bikes together in years! It's a great day for a bike ride. The leaves are starting to change. Get out and see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidebar:

    Congratulations to Sarah for her 20 mile run Saturday morning! That's right, I typed 20 and it wasn't a typo! Sarah, you are a machine!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.