
So Meghan, Nicki, and I all watched the Ironman yesterday. INCREDIBLE! Did any of the rest of you see it? Just think of this amazing feat that these athletes from all over the world come to do: Swim 2.4 miles, then bike 100 miles, then run 26.2 miles. Whoa! I'm still astonished. My muscles are fatigued just thinking about it :) It is so amazing what the body can do with discipline and courage. It really humbled me about this upcoming race that's freaking me out- to these athletes who have mastered their bodies and their habits, a small race like mine is a walk in the park. Our bodies are amazing things that can do incredible things! So I've been thinking about what these athletes did mentally to be ready for this incredible feat. They first of all had to DECIDE to do it. Then they had to BELIEVE they could do it and IMAGINE themselves successfully accomplishing it. Then they had to EAT and TRAIN in such a way that they were willing to challenge their excuses and do ANYTHING it takes to hit their goal. So your goal is to lose 10 lbs or a few inches around the midsection, maybe just develop good habits. Do you see how the same principles would apply and how small and easy that sounds in comparision to these ironmen? We can hit our goals!!!!! You ladies are doing so well- you can accomplish whatever your mind decides to do. Decide every morning. It's not something you decide once and then forget about and lose weight anyhow. It's an every morning kind of thing. Decide to be the best you!






























Down 2.2 amazingly. I felt like I gave in more than usual this past week, but hey, I'll take it :) I am going to make it a rockstar week. I am so pumped up! BTW, I forgot to ask this lately, but how is your WATER consumption?????? I will be better about that this week, too :)
ReplyDeleteOh, not to be a comment whore or anything, but I also had to share my excitement that I just crossed the 30 lbs lost threshhold for myself since I started the last week of Feb this year on my first challenge w/ Marin :) Marin, thanks for kicking my butt into gear if you're reading this- you're a lifesaver! And Val, thanks for getting me into running last year- it's been lifechanging!
ReplyDeleteI'm down those 2 lbs I gained last week... feeling pretty good. (although the thought the ironman makes me tired... I should note that even a triathlon or marathon or half marathon sounds pretty tiring.) You guys would be proud. I walked my first 5 K since I've had my kids on Saturday. Yeah, I walked it, but still I felt great.
ReplyDeleteDown another pound! Yeah, I'll take it! Hoping for more this week and am feeling more motivated to make it happen! Just to clarify Meghan, I'm running a half-marathon, only Sarah's doing the full. Since I'm barely running as it is, I think I'd die if I did a full. I might with a half as it is. :) Ha! Great job running home from the ironman! Come do the half-marathon!! Anyone else interested? Yeah Sarah for hitting that 30 pound mark! Wow!
ReplyDeleteNice job, Linds & Nicole! Nice progress! And great job on the 5K, Linds! Sounds like you're in the best shape you've been in since before you had your daughters- good for you! That's great!
ReplyDeleteSame weight as last week, which is great because this is the 4th week of the month for me. (I can literally measure the water retention! My waist is 1/2" bigger than last week.)
ReplyDeleteThe Ironman is crazy madness to me. I'm an everything-in-moderation kind of person. I applaud the people who do it, and am in wonder at how different bodies are. Some people are geared for incredible athletic endurance. Others of us have different talents.
Linds, great job on the 5k. You inspire me to commit to doing an organized event. Speaking of, wouldn't it be fun if our group did Relay for Life together? Would any of you be interested in that or something similar?
Hope the week is off to a good start for you. :)
I'm down 2 lbs.! Yea! I'm still pumped up from the Ironman too! I've only been losing a pound a week, but I'm so happy with that. The slower you lose it, the longer it stays off, right? I'm going to keep going with everything I've been doing after our challenge is done. Sarah, you should start another one up right away! I'm going to miss this. I'm sore from jogging yesterday, but I love the feeling of having strengthened my muscles. I think I'm really going to like jogging along side Ben riding his bike. I'm definitely going to try that again this week! Relay for Life sounds fun! I'm in Sarah F!
ReplyDeleteSame weight as I began. Last week I was happy to see I had lost some inches even though no weight is coming off. I just wish I could tell the difference in how my clothes fit.
ReplyDeleteI'm so in for anything like Relay for Life. Although my real soft spot is for anything that helps kids in need: I love the Buddy Walk, and walk for autism. I personally want to do the walk for autism because it means a lot to me- having an autistic child and knowing many others who have autistic children. They are doing the walk here in Oct. I don't know when they are doing it for you guys, but that's what I'm committing to. For more info go to www.walknowforautism.org
ReplyDeleteNo change for me this week. I wasn't expecting anything since we went to the Sandwich Fair this weekend and I enjoyed all the yummy food I only get once a year. I do have an increased energy level lastely though. Good news...I didn't gain!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I am just now posting - it has been a crazy day! I was down 2.4 pounds today!! So that was super exciting! I've been doing spin classes adn hitting the eliptical machine this week.
ReplyDeleteI would have love to have seen the ironman! My former boss's wife competed in Madison for her third time this year! She's in her 40s - pretty amazing! She finished her two previous times, I'll have to email him to see how she did this past weekend. I love the t-shirts, too! I wanted to make one, but it just didn't happen this week - school is getting very busy very quickly!
Tomorrow night is the premier of the Biggest Loser! I am obsessed with the show and can't wait to get to know the new characters - the show is always so inspiring and motivating! You all should check it out if you haven't!
Good job to you all!
I am so excited to see the new season, too, Kristin! I never watched it until halfway through last season, but it IS so motivating! If they can do it, I can do it :) Nice work on losing the 2.4! Wow! Spinning classes are SUCH a great workout! Nice work being down 2, Meghan! Good work! Whoohoo! Tara & Jessie, the body fluctuates a lot due to water and TOM, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have a great week this week :) Make it happen! Linds and Sarah F, that's awesome that you set a goal event for your fitness! Setting an event like that always pushes me to stay consistent :)
ReplyDelete