9/21/09

Monday Check-In



How did this last week go for you? Did you hit your weekly goal? Let us know how much you're up or down and any changes that you've noticed or felt.

Also, let us know how you've been getting your 8 glasses of water! We haven't heard how any of you are doing on that since the first week of this challenge.



If you're sick or have a cold, you might feel it derails your progress, but check out this Cold Guide that links to other articles about what to eat, how exercise can help keep away the cold & flu or jumpstart your immune system if you already have a cold, and how moderate 20-30 min workouts with a cold are fine. Hope you feel better soon, Nicole & Michele! (Michele's had a cold for the last 3 weeks!)

Are you ladies ready for the last week of this Ten in Six Challenge? It's the LAST CHANCE WORKOUT from Biggest Loser :) You all can do it. Push extra hard & be extra good this week. Hit your goals and be proud of yourselves! You can do it!

11 comments:

  1. Down 2.4 lbs this week and down 1" off the waist (since 2 weeks ago)! Extremely excited. I haven't yet hit my water intake goal for 7 solid days in a row- I am good for a few days and not so good for a few days. This week I promise I'm going to hit it- 8 glasses of water a day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost a little this week. I hope to lose the last 2-3lbs this week. I am also feeling really really great, so I may be able to pull off some major exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down 2 lbs. I've been pretty sick last week and still sick. No fun! I too promise to do better on the water drinking thing this week- if nothing else it'll keep me hydrated, right? bla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work, Valerie, and I hope you feel better soon, Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 lb less. :) I wore my grey dress pants to church (again) and this time they were sitting lower on the waist so I had to change into a looser shirt. And they are so roomy in the thighs! I have lost a whole inch in the thigh since the first measure on 8/17. :) I am feeling very happy and thankful for all of you!!

    The first week of the challenge I drank 8 glasses of water each day (in addition to 3 cups of coffee and 2 glasses of skim milk). Every night I had to pee really bad at 3am. It didn't help if I stopped drinking two hours before bed. I decided that it didn't make sense to me that the 8 glasses of water rule would be universal for people of different weights and heights (I'm 5'1"). And sugary or alcoholic drinks certainly don't count, but what about coffee and milk? Since then I have been drinking 4 glasses of water a day and feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, Sarah F!!! I'll be you were strutting your skinny self stuff in those grey pants yesterday, head held high :) It might be helpful to know that a "glass" is only considered 8 ounces. So my big water bottle is 27 ounces. If I drink 2 of those while I am at work, I'm doing great and am on target. A typical kitchen glass would count for about 2 glasses, then. So maybe your 4 a day is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job everyone! Valerie, I liked how you said you might be up for some major exercise this week, when you ran 20 miles on Saturday. I'm afraid to know what major exercise means exactly! :) Yeah the rest of you as well!!!! Good job losing Lindsey when you're sick! Sarah F. I bet you looked fabulous! Sarah you are a wonderful leader for us all!!! I for one am a bit bummed. I'll keep my comments short so I can be more positive. :) I did great the first part of the week then horrible the second part. No losses. No great excuses, I just need to stay focused. Those articles look good on colds, thanks! One day at a time!!! Last chance workout here we come! :) Sarah are we going to keep going with the next round of 10 in 6? I Hope so!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all need a week off from posting/commentng and to gather up the troops for any new challengers. That doesn't mean slacking, though ;) Next Monday will be our last weigh in and then the following Monday (Oct 5th) we'll start the next 10 in 6. Does that sound ok? I don't mind doing it again at this same blog. Go ahead & think of who you want to invite, your friends & family. The more people close to you who do it, the more accountability you're going to have (i.e. Grandma or mom or sister calling you to see how you're doing ;)) I have room for 10 email address to get emailed whenever someone comments. I'll post next Tuesday (Sept 29th) on here the instructions/intro for new people. So maybe wait on sending out your invites to friends & family until Tues so that when they click on your link, it takes them right to an explanation of the group. Push Push PUSH, ladies! You can do it! Finish strong! And if you don't hit your goal this week, finish it in the week we're off (I didn't hit the two 10 in 6 challenges I did this spring, but hit them in the week or two after the challenge). It's never too late to make progress :) Keep it going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all are doing so well. -a banner week! I'm a little disappointed because I did not lose this week. I stayed the same. My disappointment stems from working out and eating better last week than I have so far. I don't understand. I was expecting to lose more than I ever have before. Any ideas? ~ I'm still positive though. I'm definitely not going to give up and I'll try harder this week. I'm doing well with my water intake, so that's great! My motivation from the Ironman is holding fast, so I'll continue with that. I had a great walk this morning with my son's 2nd grade class through downtown Mt. Horeb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meghan, our bodies are so fickle with weighing in. Someone on our last challenge suggested to avoid white breads, etc. the day before weigh in. Someone else said to drink tons and tons of water. When in the month it is, how much sleep we're getting, it all affects how we weigh in. If you did a great job this week and didn't see the #s on the scale, I'd weigh in a few days later and see if it's gone down. Otherwise, no worries, you'll just see a bigger better # next week, and maybe you'll see your progress in inches lost instead of weight. What to really track is the long-term progress. Maybe if you find your body is extremely fluctuating, weigh-in every two weeks. Your average will go down for sure. Keep on trucking! You're going to have a great final check-in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sarah, I feel better. I will re-weigh myself in a couple of days and see if there is a change.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.