5/26/10

Whatcha Eatin' Wednesday

Good morning, girls!

I hope you're doing well.  Take a look at this link for a list of SUPER FOODS.  http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/superfoods/the-new-superfoods/

  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Beer & Wine...hmmmm....haha
  • Almonds
  • Peanuts
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomatoes
  • Flaxseeds
  • Sunflower Seeds
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Salmon
  • Trout
  • Olive Oil
  • Safflower Oil
  • Edamame
  • Black Beans
  • Brown Rice
  • Barley
Alright, you creative pantry artists.  What meals or snacks can you toss together with several of these items?  Share how you eat these items.  I like how the article has less expensive alternatives to the traditional super foods. 

Addtionally, here are some yummies that sounded/looked delicious so I'm going to try them this weekend- the almond apple english muffin being top on my list!


1 comment:

  1. This week I've been eating a great salad for lunch. Spinach, strawberries and Salmon. I've been cooking a frozen salmon filet from costco in a little olive oil and putting it on top of a bed of spinach and strawberries that have a little Newman's Own walnut raspberry (?) dressing. It works out to be about 400 calories. I could cut the calories down quite a bit by cooking the salmon with spray rather than oil and using lemon juice instead of dressing.

    I have a back of dry black beans that have been waiting for me to do something with them. I think I'm going to do black beans and brown rice with some spice for work this weekend. I'll throw in a can of tomatoes and some green onions for some added interest. I can add chicken or eat them on a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.