5/25/10
Tuesday Motivation
Good morning, girls!
Here's something Amy C. wanted to share- awesome!
"One of my friends told me about Girls on the Run, her daughter participated last year.
I'm thinking about becoming a soulmate, I thought you and some of the others on the blog might be interested too. Here's the link to the info on Soulmates, but you can get to the rest of the site from here as well. There are GOTR organizations all over the country.
http://www.girlsontherunsolemates.org/about_solemates.html
Amy"
I read this article about Making over your Motivation http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/spirit/reach-your-goals/make-over-your-motivation/ last night and loved it. I wish I had taken and shared week one during our week one of this challenge, and so on, but still, I think you ladies will all like it. Take 5 minutes to read through it. Then pull one idea or tip from there that will help you the most right now and share with us all what it is.
My favorite tip is the third one in week 2: "Exercise eases stress and distracts you from thinking about food," & Another study found that working out may release satiety hormones that keep your appetite in check for a full 24 hours.
That's a big one for me. If I work out, I feel proud of myself and I don't want to mess it all up by indulging in something I shouldn't. If I don't work out, I feel not only more ravenous, but I feel blah. So here's to the next few weeks of great workouts! And of course watching the Biggest Loser finale tonight- that motivates me :)
Here's something Amy C. wanted to share- awesome!
"One of my friends told me about Girls on the Run, her daughter participated last year.
I'm thinking about becoming a soulmate, I thought you and some of the others on the blog might be interested too. Here's the link to the info on Soulmates, but you can get to the rest of the site from here as well. There are GOTR organizations all over the country.
http://www.girlsontherunsolemates.org/about_solemates.html
Amy"
I read this article about Making over your Motivation http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/spirit/reach-your-goals/make-over-your-motivation/ last night and loved it. I wish I had taken and shared week one during our week one of this challenge, and so on, but still, I think you ladies will all like it. Take 5 minutes to read through it. Then pull one idea or tip from there that will help you the most right now and share with us all what it is.
My favorite tip is the third one in week 2: "Exercise eases stress and distracts you from thinking about food," & Another study found that working out may release satiety hormones that keep your appetite in check for a full 24 hours.
That's a big one for me. If I work out, I feel proud of myself and I don't want to mess it all up by indulging in something I shouldn't. If I don't work out, I feel not only more ravenous, but I feel blah. So here's to the next few weeks of great workouts! And of course watching the Biggest Loser finale tonight- that motivates me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























I'm back in week one currently. The tip that sticks with me the most is Vary your Vocab. I don't want to do things out of obligation. I do them because I enjoy them. This holds true in the rest of my life as well.
ReplyDeleteI keep working at the talk in mind. I don't very often find myself being obviously negative in my self talk, but little thing sneak in. I find my self using maybe and might, instead of I will and I am. At first this didn't seem like a big deal, but the more I think about it maybe and might are moving in the direction of I can't and I'll never.
I am keeping my self talk in check and moving toward my goals!!
Thanks for sharing, Amy! I'm working on more fruit intake to curb sweet tooth and binge cravings.
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteI gave up diet soda (soda all together) a few months ago. I had some soda last weekend on my way home from DC, and for the rest of the weekend I couldn't get rid of the sugar cravings!!!! It was unbelievable.
How that I've been off the diet soda for a few days the cravings are gone. Boy am I glad.
You may want to consider giving up the Diet Dew and see what happens.