3/24/10
Whatcha Eatin' Wednesday
Good morning, wonderful women!
I hope you're all having a great day so far. This was interesting from the new Fitness magazine (click on the image to make it bigger so you can read it :) so I scanned it in to show you:
So think about eating & enjoying lots of yummy veggies & blasting calories, girls! :)
Share what yummies you've been eating & enjoying this week!
I hope you're all having a great day so far. This was interesting from the new Fitness magazine (click on the image to make it bigger so you can read it :) so I scanned it in to show you:
So think about eating & enjoying lots of yummy veggies & blasting calories, girls! :)
Share what yummies you've been eating & enjoying this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Still enjoying the eggs scrambles for breakfasts, or a bowl of chocolate cheerios w/ skim milk & a sliced banana in it. Still enjoying peanut butter. Still enjoying Clif Builder's bars. I have been enjoying frozen rasberries- I put them in a little tupperware container in the morning, straight out of the bag in the freezer. Then by afternoon when I'm ready to munch on them, they're all juicy and thawed- eat them with a spoon. YUMMY! Can't WAIT for fresh raspberry & strawberry season!
ReplyDeleteAte out Monday night & Tuesday night, but still didn't do too bad- Chipotle & Chili's.
I donated blood yesterday afternoon (like I do every 8 weeks like clockwork) for the 100% reason of just helping others, BUT, I did account for a calorie loss (not really a burn) of 400. Some unreliable sources online say 650 calories, but I don't buy it. http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/questions/question/2168/ A pint of blood consumed (a tribe in Africa does this) has the caloric value of about 350-400 calories, so this is what I'm going off of, ignoring that my body might burn an extra calorie or two in the re-creation of blood supplies. It was nice to know & be able to input that into MFP for the day yesterday to counteract the not being able to do any strenous exercise yesterday due to the donation. So if you don't donate, do it! It helps people! Just drink lots of water before & after :)
Two days in a row for me of owning up 100% to MFP. Monday was STELLAR and Tuesday was so-so, so they average out to two good days :) Today's going to rock again :)
Have a great day, everyone!
I'm really pumped because I just got a new cookbook! Its called "Now Eat This!" by Rocco Dispirito & its loaded with "comfort foods" like mac & cheese & brownies, all made under 350 calories. I can't wait to try some of these!
ReplyDeleteBut I have a question. He uses Greek Yogurt a lot, like in his mayo recipe & lots of other recipes, has anyone bought this before? Is this something I'll be able to find at Super Walmart or Target, or do I need to take a trip to Whole Foods?
Marin, you should be able to get Greek yogurt anywhere. It has double the protein of regular yogurt and tastes yummy! :). Snacking on peppers, cucumbers and carrots this week! Can't wait for garden fresh veggies!
ReplyDeleteI have been so busy this week, so here’s my check in. I weight in and stayed the same again, which I can’t complain about. I know I need some motivation to get me out of bed in the morning to work out; I think need to get to bed earlier so getting up earlier isn’t such a struggle. I need to get back in the habit of using MFP; I have been slacking on that this round.
ReplyDeleteI have an amazing bean salad to share. I made this last week and loved it! I plan on making it again this weekend. I also found you can eat it in so many different ways. I prefer to eat it like salsa with wheat cracker or tortilla chips because it has a bit of a spicy kick to it, but it is also great as a side to a meal.
Bean Salad
2 15ox cans of black beans drained
2 15oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies and spices, drained
1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
1 15oz can piquitos beans with spices, drained
1 2.25oz can black olives, drained and finely chopped
1 bunch of green onion, sliced finely
2 cups finely chopped celery
5 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
2 cups purple onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon each dried parsley, oregano, and basil
1.5 Tablespoons cayenne pepper powder
This I best if made the night before. Prepare ingredients as described and mix in a big bowl. Cover and refrigerate. About 100 calories for 1 cup.
I edited this a bit because it makes so much.I only adding kidney bean, pinto beans and black eyed peas. I’m not a big fan of balsamic vinegar, so I only added 1 Tbsp. I didn’t have cayenne pepper so I added red pepper flakes. I also added chopped red and green bell peppers and a jalapeno. Make this recipe your own; add or take out what you want!
For snack I have been enjoy fresh fruits and veggies. I can’t wait for the famers market! I have also tried laughing cow cheese with reduced fat wheat thins; this is a great snack after work.
I love that idea! Can't wait to start eating all of those "yummy" healthies and push myself off the couch to exercise!!
ReplyDeleteBack to basics for my food this week. . .
Small bowls of cereal for breakfast, ham sandwich on the fabulous sandwich thins with lots of lettuce and mustard (almost zippo calories for such a big sandwich!) Tiny servings of dinner meals with lots of roasted veggies on the side.
Eat 'em up!