You made it 2 weeks! Yay!
Let us know how much you're up or down, tell us all about your side
challenge experiment over the weekend, and share your game plan for
this week.
Make it a great day!
You made it 2 weeks! Yay!
Let us know how much you're up or down, tell us all about your side
challenge experiment over the weekend, and share your game plan for
this week.
Make it a great day!

MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Chart

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Calculator

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Chart

MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Chart

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Calculator
Good Morning!! I am down another pound!!! That is 5lbs in two weeks!! Can you tell that I am excited!! This weekend felt great minus the head cold. Great run on Saturday and this morning I upped the resistance level on the elliptical and it was a fabulous workout!!
ReplyDeleteThis week I need to make sure I get enough water. By Wednesday afternoon I am dragging and then Thursdays workout suffers. But not this week!! I am going to drink lots of wonderful water!!!
How did everyone else do?? Any fun tips for this week??
Down 1 pound this week - yeah! And we have been using our blue plates for every dinner since I saw the Side Challenge article.
ReplyDeletePlan for this week is to keep on keeping on ... Going to try to get to the gym M-Th and then walk with the kids to school on Friday for my exercise.
My "visitor" is here this week, so no weigh-in for me! Plan this week us to keep plugging along, keep reminding myself about the water, and getting in some good workouts. I tried the exercise before eating and smelling certain foods when hungry to curb appetite. The exercise worked for me, but not always realistic in terms of fitting it in at those times of the day. I'm going to keep trying it though! Have a great week everyone!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm down 1 pound this week! Yea!
ReplyDeleteMy plan is to keep on keepin' on with what I'm already doing and to really hit the training schedule for the 1/2 marathon I'm doing in June. I feel great! Congrats to Cherise and Mini Me!! I've always said, the slower it comes off, the longer it stays off!
My 'visitor' is also here, so I am not weighing in.... I feel last week was out of control compared to the first week... I was out of routine since I was gone for 2 1/2 days skiing! But I think I ate too much thinking 'oh.. I'll burn it off skiing for 8 hours a day!' Not sure that was a good approach! But I'm ready to go this week! Got my water bottle ready, and I'm gonna get back to the gym! The time changed is killing me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it! Great job everyone! I'm gonna make it a great week!
ReplyDeleteit's me, allison. i am down 1 this week! i haven't seen the weight i am at in awhile. so the side challenge...i thought i would try kissing your hubby 10 times a day. it's been interesting. i didn't think we had lost much of our spark since we got married but....i guess with the kids and how busy life gets you sometimes forget the little things. my husband really noticed. it's been fun!!! try it! ;) i plan on sticking with my biggest loser dvd but trying really hard to get something in on the weekend. keep up the great work ladies!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm down two pounds. Yahoo! I feel great and am ready for another week. Bring it on!
ReplyDeleteI am down two pounds so yay! The pat two weeks have been really stressful (sick kids, husband gone, and 4 showings on the house) so my workouts and eating have really suffered, but still seeing myself lose numbers on the scale is motivation to start again this week!
ReplyDeleteI am going to try to get to the gym 4 times this week so hopefully that can keep me focused and on track.
This week I ate on small plates for all our meals and it went great! It kept me perfectly portioned and really deterred me from getting up to get seconds. I've started doing the same thing with bowls. I fill a small bowl up with snacks, or dips, or soup instead of a larger one.
I wanted to shout out a big hoorah for Meghan. She ran her farthest distance ever yesterday! Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for all you awesome gals! That's awesome (and a little creepy coincidental) that Mini Me, Cherise, Meghan, & Allison are all down 1 lb! You're all doing great- it's a marathon, not a spring- and you're definitely going to be keeping that off!
ReplyDeleteMaggie & Heidi, 2 lbs! Woohoo! Way impressed!
And yay, Meghan, for going your furthest distance ever! HOW PROUD ARE YOU, sassy thang :) ???
I weighed in at exactly the same as last week, which has me THRILLED! I was dreading getting on the scale this morning b/c I just KNEW I had gained w/ how crazy my week was but I didn't! I maintained! Yay!
This week I plan on making exercise a priority again (I only worked out twice last week). My GAME PLAN for this week is getting in some kind of exercise 6 days this week, even if it's only 5 mins, I don't care, no excuses, stress aside, pity party sopped up, moving on to bigger & better things :-)
I did not do one of the side challenges especially, but I did the closet cleaning last Monday, technically before the side challenge started. And funny enough, my plates in my kitchen are bright cobalt blue :)
Thanks for sharing such great feedback on how your experiments went! Remember to try it and report here, then your name's in a drawing for
a magnetic meal planning board w/ grocery list pad!!!!! I'll announce the winner in tomorrow morning's post :)
*** oops, I meant to say it's a marathon, not a SPRINT! :) I must have spring on my mind!
ReplyDeleteCarla here... I'm feeling awesome about my little ticker on the side there. It gives me a little bounce to my step. Even the draggy feeling that the time change brings can't bring me down today.
ReplyDeleteI'm up 1.8 lbs :( I'm really struggling right now and tons of excuses come to mind, but I'm trying to push through those & stay positive.
ReplyDeleteSo on to a new week. Still trying to sort out my schedule, and so is baby boy, who, after sleeping 8 then 6 hrs, decided to wake up 4 times last night. Its nice enough outside today that I think I'm going to get out the bike and try to fix the tires today.
So, my kitchen is blue & we already eat on smaller plates, but I tried to eat spicy things restaurant style, which sort of worked, except I love spicy things. :) I still want to try the walking before meals thing and if my hubby would get home at a reasonable, predictable time, then I think he'd like to do it together! :)
I'm up 2 pounds :( after I weighed myself Aunt Flow showed up so I'm using her as the excuse.
ReplyDeleteI had a very bad weekend. My marriage is on the rocks so I've been doing a lot of crying. Hopefully this week will go better.
I have maintained for the last 2 weeks. Jeanie, you're in my prayers. Great job everyone!
ReplyDeleteI lost a pound this week. I've also had a stressful week. Been sick, kids sick, husband out of town. I've only had enough energy to do the minimal stuff. This week I'm committing to exercising again.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have to say, that I really do notice how my food choices make me feel. I came down with a cold and my energy was just sapped, so I kindof just ate whatever I felt like eating, that was easy to find. And then I felt even worse. Stomachache, etc. Good food makes a difference.
Apparently I had a good week last week! Down 3 pounds and into a new decade!!!! I didn't think my eating was all that good, but I did get a few good workouts in.
ReplyDeleteI think I've discovered the solution to my ankle and leg swelling problem!!! TEDs (support hose) If any one has trouble with ankle swelling when you are on your feet for long periods of time I highly recommend them. My feet and legs don't hurt nearly as much at the end of a shift now either.
I am off to Las Vegas tomorrow morning for an Arbonne conference. I will be there until Sunday. I decided to go for the upgraded room and pay a little more to have a refrigerator. Last year I felt trapped by my food options. This year I plan to have a good breakfast in my room every day, and I'm going to go to the grocery store when I get there so I have options for lunch as well.
I'm planning to go for a run down the strip at least 1 morning. It looks to be about 4 mile round trip from my hotel. There is a gym as well, but the weather is supposed to be amazing, so I'm planning for outside exercise.
Good job last week everyone. It's a new week, let's keep moving forward!
Amy
I am the same again this week. I need to push myself more when it comes to exercising. I haven’t increase the intensity of my work out in a while, so I need to do that. On the food side things are going great. I am planning my meals the day before, and it is working out great.
ReplyDeleteAs for the side challenge, I have been making spicy food or just adding hot pepper. An example of this is adding pepperoncinis to a sandwich, making taco salad and adding more jalapeƱos, buying hotter salsa (medium or hot depending on the brand). I can’t tell if it’s burning more calories but it does taste great! I have also been talking walks before dinner. I have made it my goal to take Charlie on a walk ever day when I get home from work.
I’m going to keep this up and hopefully see results next week!
WOW! I am really impressed with everyone's weight loss! You should all be very proud of yourself...great job!
ReplyDeleteWell this last week I maintained which I am happy about considering the week that I had. My goal will be to really focus on my eating and to hopefully get some workouts in this week. My youngest daughter is really sick and found out she has a really bad case of the croupe and is borderline pneumonia. So rather than going to the gym, I will be getting really creative at home.
Sorry Sarah, I can't report on the side challenge because I didn't do it and even though it is too late to put my name in the drawing, I would like to try some of these out anyways, so I will report on those later.
Jeanie, I too will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and know there is a group of women who care about you and who are here for you!
From Ashley RE: Side Challenge Results
ReplyDelete"Okay- I've tried a trick experiment for the past couple days....
I did number #13, Serve your dinner restaurant style- I dished up dinner and then put the leftovers in the fridge, before the meal even started. It really helped my portion control... and I didn't sneak a few extra bites when putting leftovers away. I'm going to stick with this for a couple weeks- and hopefully see some results!!!
I also love #51. I always try to brush my teeth right after dinner, so I don't snack after 7:00."
And so, for the people who did the side challenge, I've got:
Cherise
Nicki
Allison
Heidi
Marin
Leah
Ashley
Is that right? So these 7 girls tossed in a hat, and the winner is..................................................................................................................................................
LEAH! Congratulations, Leah! I'll give you your calendar tomorrow :)