3/19/10

Feel Good Friday

Good morning, feisty females :) It's the weekend! Yay!

Here's another mosel of food for thought from Harry Hoopis (the guy from Northwestern Mutual out of Chicago who wrote that Olympics article I posted a couple weeks ago):

"There are 3 types of people in this world:

Those who make things happen,

Those who watch things happen,

And those who wonder, what happened?"

"So which of the above are you? Are you in charge, making it happen or making excuses? Are you letting yourself off the hook or do you plan to hook a big one? Are you working to your potential or do you take the path of least resistance?  First, there is a price for success and its always paid in advance, and second, the only place I know of where success comes before work is in the dictionary."

"The reason you don’t do it is related to what author and speaker Jim Rohn says, “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” So you know you need to run your day. However, all too often the conversations I have are about the day running you."
 
"Your [success] is the accumulation of all the little decisions you make."
 
"So I am reminded of the story of the guy who is kneeling on the sidewalk in a busy city like Chicago. He is apparently pleading to the Lord to let him win the lottery. So week after week, after the winning number is drawn, he is on his knees, begging “Oh Lord please let me win the lottery!” Finally after weeks of this, the man is still pleading on his knees when suddenly a voice bellows from the sky. It’s the Lord and he says, “Hey, why don’t you help me out and at least buy a lottery ticket?”"
 
"Folks, this is not about luck. The only luck I know of is when preparation meets hard work. Make a decision now to be the kind of person that makes things happen, not one who watches things happen, or the one who wonders, what happened? It all comes down to those little decisions.  To reach your “most amazing future” you must be able to fend off distractions...and run your day the way you want it to be run." 
 
So I see this as fitting in with our weight loss and fitness goals.  We can't just sit by hoping the inches will come off.  We've got to actually get out and do hard work, even when we don't feel like it.  We've got to actually watch our calories spent and consumed.  I love the concept of running your day instead of your day running you.  Today's your day, girls! Go out & grab it by the horns!!!!!!!!  MAKE it a fantastic weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been each of these three at different times of my life and definitely feel the best when I am the one making things happen. It's hard to stay in that frame of mind though, so I guess that's why groups like this are important. They remind us to wake up and look at where we are in this life and how the way we are acting now is putting us on a certain path. If we don't like the finish line of that path we need to change it in the right direction NOW!!!!! Have a great weekend everyone! I'm LOVING this Spring weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Nicki!! Excellent post Sarah! Love love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.