***UPDATE***
12/14/09
Monday Morning Check-in
Good morning, beautiful ladies J How has this past week been? Share with us how much you’re up or down in weight. And it’s also the halfway point in our 6 week challenge, so check those measurements and let us know your progress! What is your game plan going to be this week? Is there something small you want to commit to & want us to hold you accountable for?
***UPDATE***
This is the 4th week we're embarking on, so here's the side-challenge, which I think is going to be eye-opening and fun! Should you wish to participate, there's a fun prize from Amy C. for the winner! Create a lard sculpture using your weight lost during this challenge of CRISCO. So if you have lost 3 lbs so far this challenge, go out and buy 3 lbs of CRISCO, plop it onto a tin foil/wax paper lined cookie sheet or plastic plate, or whatever you want to use, and let your creative juices flow, sculpting whatever it is your heart desires. Leaning tower of CRISCO? Little monster of weight that you get to destroy? Something symbolic or artsy fartsy? Sculpture of a lazy woman? Have fun with it & be creative. I hope this will be eye-opening when you really see how much of that lard that is NO LONGER ON YOUR BODY! I hope it will rejuvenate your resolve to get more fat off your body :) It will be so grossly fantastic. I can't wait to do it. So whenever you want this week, sculpt your masterpiece, and then email to me the picture of your masterpiece w/ a couple line explanation of what it is or what it means. I'll post all the pictures on Friday morning and then I'll post a poll on the right sidebar for you all to vote on the best one (the term "best" being quite loosely subjective and 100% up to the voters- whether it's the most impressive amount of CRISCO, the most creative sculpture, the best explanation, etc.). Voting will last through the weekend & the winner will be announced next Monday. If you feel really ambitious, you can buy and use the amount of CRISCO that represents the TOTAL weight you've lost in these challenges, if this is not your first one obviously. You can use the weigh-in amount from today or if you want a little extra motivation, weigh-in on Thursday morning and use that new total as the amount for your sculpture so it's bigger- should help push you to make it a phenomenal Mon-Weds! Please vote even if you don't participate in the side-challenge. Ready, set, GO! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
































I am stoked!
ReplyDeleteWeight: Down 1.1
Waist: Down 1/2"
Hips: Down 1/4"
Bust: Down 2" (WHAT THE HECK!? Gonna be shopping in the pre-teen bra section soon, jk)
Ribcage: Down 1/2"
Bum: Down 1"
Can't wait to hear how you all did & to be wicked impressed & motivated to push harder this week!
So last week my little commitment was to do one workout DVD per day. I mostly did that. I did one workout DVD Monday-Thursday (Friday was rest day). I didn't do any on the weekend.
My commitment for this coming week is going to be to do one workout DVD Monday-SATURDAY :) It worked for me weight-wise this week so I'm going to try it again! Well, without smoking my calves w/ running stairs again- that was dumb- don't recommend it- laid me up all weekend :)
Make it a phenomenal week :)
Down 2 pounds.
ReplyDeleteHips down 1.5"
Waist down .5"
Calves down .25"
Arms down .5"
Thigh down .5"
I didn't measure the bust area - nursing makes it just to variable! LOL!
Have a GREAT week everyone!
Way to go on your measurements Sarah! I'm so so excited for you to reach your goal!! :)
Up .4 lbs. I'm the same on all measurements except for a 1 in. loss in my thighs. That's something at least.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Sarah and Jen. Keep up with the good work.
Hey, everyone, I updated the post to include the info for the side-challenge that runs this week!
ReplyDeleteHoly moly, Jen, 1.5" off your hips!?!? Good for you! And Meghan, 1" off your thighs?!? INCREDIBLE! I didn't have any loss on the thighs, so I totally admire you, as if I didn't have enough reason to before :)
Nice job ladies!!!!! Wow!!!!! I'm not weighing today due to my gender disadvantage. :) (you know, that time of the month) :) The crisco sounds fun! :) Make it a FABULOUS week!
ReplyDeleteWell girls I'm still alive. But not losing weight. These last couple of weeks have been pretty awful. I just can stop eating. Some of it's been holiday stuff but other stuff I just can seem to stop myself. Back on track today. Hopefully I can hold on for the week. I'll let you know!
ReplyDeleteWell my lack of will power has gotten me in trouble this week and I am up 1.6 lbs :( It's also close to that time of the month so I am hoping that is partly to blame for my weight gain. All I can do is keep moving forward and hope for a better week next week. Also I do not have any measurements to report because I lost the notebook that I had them recorded in. I'm going to do what my husband does and start saving them in my iPhone. So I will measure again and hopefully will have some good news next time to share.
ReplyDeleteGreat job ladies on your weight loss! So proud of you guys! And Sarah, I love your side challenge. What a clever idea, can't wait to see how creative everyone gets :)
Hello ladies!
ReplyDeleteI'm down 2 pounds this week and I lost 2 1/4" overall. I'm up or unchanged in some areas and down in others. I'm very happy with my progress this far!
Shooting for 2 more pounds this week!!! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that crisco!!!!
Have a wonderful week everyone! Don't let the holidays stress you out too much!
Nice job, Amy!!!! Kim & Jeanie- I love your fresh resolve for this week! Nicki came up with another great side challenge that we will start next week, too: coming up with a weekly workout & meal plan schedule, on paper. Would you girls have success trying smthg like that this week to jumpstart you? Hang in there, start fresh, make it a strong week. You should be so flippin' proud of yourselves for even ATTEMPTING a weight- loss challenge during the holidays! We all gave crazy written on our foreheads:) I appreciate your honestly and can't wait to hear how you're doing this week.
ReplyDeleteKim- try keeping track of your measurements on your My Fitness Pal profile under the check-in tab. It logs it all for u and u can customize which measurements u want to keep track of. I made a million in there bc gosh darn it I am going to see change in SOMETHING :) And I didn't bother enumerating this morning all the body parts where there was no loss (and there were a lot, even some gains). We aren't perfect but we can each choose to celebrate the mini successes or dwell on the things that didn't go how we wanted them to go. Celebrate the tiny things! Like starting a fresh week- YEAH! Or having gotten in one workout- HORRAY! Or having not eaten 2 dozen cookies- YAY YOU! Or having taken the time to read today's blog post- WAHOO! Celebrate your tiny successes- you all are way more awesome than you give yourselves credit for! A weight loss journey is a marathon and not a sprint. It's a journey that has it's peaks and valleys. You decide if you sit down or if you take the next step. Sometimes we each need someone dragging us up and tugging us to the aid station and sometimes we need someone to cheer for us and remind us of how awesome we are bc we can't see it ourselves. You ladies have no idea how much your support helps me on bad days and how much it magnifies my joy on great days. What are your mini-successes that you've had today that you can share with us and we can celebrate?
Sarah, I felt so yucky this morning b/c I've worked so hard and blah, blah, blah... But, after your sweet pick me up comments and seeing everyones progress, I remember that I need to hang in there and NEVER GIVE UP!!
ReplyDeleteMy mini success today was getting on my elliptical for 24 min. and breaking through the mini depression of gaining! I'm stoked now and I WILL lose these final lbs. and get to my goal weight. NEVER GIVE UP! All I need to do is keep facing the right direction and don't stop moving.
Speaking of moving, my goal for the week is to break a sweat every day this week. I lost 2 lbs. the last time that was my goal, so I hope it'll work for me again!
Everyone keep our chins up and remember everything Sarah said above. -great stuff!
You can do anything!!!!
Hi girls! Inspiring progress and comments! At my weigh in yesterday I was the same in weight, but great great news! The number one area I wanted to target the last 2 weeks were my thighs and there's down .5 in! Also nice is waist and hips are down .25 in.
ReplyDeleteOur family was super sick all last week, but I focused on my core while doing whatever activity I got in (eliptical, shoveling, carrying kids, toe raises while brushing teeth, etc.) and I felt more energy and resolve to eat well when I was making those little steps toward my goal.
This week my goal is 2-part: to get to bed every night by 10 (11 on weekend nights) and work out 6 days in the AM.