12/18/09
Feel Good Friday
Here's a quote from my creation jar from the last Ten in Six challenge that I have been thinking about this morning: “Few things in life have more impact on what we become than what we think of ourselves.”- Burton C. Kelly
I'm listening to the book on CD in my car The Noticer by Andy Andrews (thanks for the recommendation, Nicki :)) and this morning on my way to work the elderly mentor-type character taught a principle of the universe to his young, troubled mentee, adding that principles work every time, "Remember, whatever you focus upon, increases...When you focus on the things you need, you'll find those needs increasing. If you concentrate your thoughts on what you don't have, you will soon be concentrating on other things that you had forgotten you don't have-and feel worse! If you set your mind on loss, you are more likely to lose...But a grateful perspective brings happiness and abundance into a person's life."
Both of these quotes have the same moral. What we think of, that's what we become. You can't have an action if you didn't first think about it.
So today, you awesome, incredible, indispensible ladies in my life, are YOU focusing today on your blessings, your successes in making small progress towards your goals, your happiness, your gratitude, your beautifully designed bodies, your positive self-image, the fact that you're surrounded on here with friends who love you and cheer for you? Chose your focus and this weekend live your dreams!
**BTW- I have gotten the Crisco sculpture pictures w/ blurbs from Amy & Nicki. AWESOME! I love it! Email me your pictures sometime today or this evening. Late tonight I'll post them all.
I'm listening to the book on CD in my car The Noticer by Andy Andrews (thanks for the recommendation, Nicki :)) and this morning on my way to work the elderly mentor-type character taught a principle of the universe to his young, troubled mentee, adding that principles work every time, "Remember, whatever you focus upon, increases...When you focus on the things you need, you'll find those needs increasing. If you concentrate your thoughts on what you don't have, you will soon be concentrating on other things that you had forgotten you don't have-and feel worse! If you set your mind on loss, you are more likely to lose...But a grateful perspective brings happiness and abundance into a person's life."
Both of these quotes have the same moral. What we think of, that's what we become. You can't have an action if you didn't first think about it.
So today, you awesome, incredible, indispensible ladies in my life, are YOU focusing today on your blessings, your successes in making small progress towards your goals, your happiness, your gratitude, your beautifully designed bodies, your positive self-image, the fact that you're surrounded on here with friends who love you and cheer for you? Chose your focus and this weekend live your dreams!
**BTW- I have gotten the Crisco sculpture pictures w/ blurbs from Amy & Nicki. AWESOME! I love it! Email me your pictures sometime today or this evening. Late tonight I'll post them all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























Sarah, what a great topic. It is so true that what you focus on is what you get. Positive thoughts bring positive outcomes, negative thoughts bring negative outcomes. This doesn't mean you will always get exactly what you want, but you can have an influence on the path your life takes. Whether you choose to use prayer, or affirmations or just positive vibes, it all gets you to the same place.
ReplyDeleteThe book and movie The Secret talk about this Jack Canfield has a book out as well. For anyone that lives in Madison, I am going to have people over to watch The Secret sometime in January. I just need to pick a day.
Have a terrific weekend everyone!