see more blessings. If we focus on our peace and tranquility, we find
more calm. If we focus on our accomplishments and successes, we will
find ourselves well on our way to achieving more goals. But the
reverse is also true. If you expect to always be let down by people
and find the wost in people, you will always find something negative
around you and in others. If you say to yourself that you're
unhealthy and will always be unhealthy, you probably will be. If you
tell yourself you can't accomplish anything, you probably won't
anytime soon. If you find yourself bound by excuses for not working
towards your goals, you will continue to find more and more excuses
until every day is put off to tomorrow.
Be cognisant of all of the blessings in your lives. You can't simultaneously be grateful and feel sorry for yourself. Recognize the
incrediblemess of every little success you acheive. You are amazing.
Celebrate the tackling of each barrier in your life. Dr. Randy Pausch,
author of The Last Lecture, said that "Brick walls are there for a
reason. They let us prove how badly we want things." Every obstacle
and excuse that blocks your path can be overcome, but only YOU know how to overcome your own brick walls. Show your passion and vigor. Prove to yourself how badly you want the fit you. I am so
inspired and impressed with how hard you have been working towards
your goals during the time of year when excuses are more plentiful
than snowflakes. Your perseverence helps me push forward!
have been amongst my biggest blessings I have reflected upon this
holiday season.
Merry Christmas! I love you all!































Hey everyone! Hope your Christmas was wonderful! I've really enjoyed reading your comments this past week, I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to write anything. I'm looking forward to at least all of the holiday madness to settle down for a bit (well, after this weekend full of more family) :) Hope it's a great weekend! I'm going to try and finish up my schedule so I have at least a plan for this last week. Seriously, it's my biggest hurdle right now, not having a solid plan. It's been pretty hard for me lately focusing on my goals. I've almost thrown in the towel several times, but I'm still here. I just have so many other things going on in my life that it's been taking up every minute. I keep reminding myself that we ALL have challenges though, and that we can make time for all of this! :) Just one thing at a time...... Make it a great few days ladies!
ReplyDeleteI'd just like to post a note about how much we are inspiring the people around us as well as each other. During Christmas, my dad came to visit with my family. He is very unhealthy. While he was here, he decided to "take the long road back", as he put it, to a better life of health. After saying that, I watched him turn down treats and seconds on meals. I was impressed b/c I didn't talk to him about it at all. It was his decision.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there are many more people out there that see you and are inspired by you to make changes in their own lives. Isn't that amazing!! We're not only improving our own lives, we are improving the world around us!
Thanks for commenting, Nicki & Meghan! I am so proud of you not throwing in the towel, Nicki, with your upcoming relocation & hecticness surrounding that. Meghan, that's so awesome about how you inspired your family by LIVING your values & healthy lifestyle. That's an even bigger testament than your having lectured or advised him on anything- just the fact that he saw you all slim & trim, feeling great with healthy food & activity- you are so amazing, Meghan! All of us can take a lesson from your playbook, Meghan- LIVE that which we tout to be important! LIVE the healthy lifestyle & FEEL the amazing effects :)
ReplyDelete