12/22/09

Tuesday's Motivation

Good {albeit late} Morning, Winter Beauties!  I'm a bit slap happy today :)  It is so motivating and inspiring to read real people's success stories!  It helps us to realize that it DOES take a long time but that it's DOABLE and that people like US (or better yet people with even more excuses than us) can make their DREAM bodies happen!  SO, here's the charge for the day: search online and share a link for your favorite success story that you come accross, one that particularly motivated you or sang your song.  There should be zillions out there (but if you get stuck, you can check out Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Runners World Magazine, Women's Health, Weight Watchers, Biggest Loser, etc. )  I can't wait to see them all and to be motivated to kick even MORE butt this week!!!


Here's my favorite :)  Lisa Delaney in Runner's World  I think I had to pick a runner b/c I am passionate about that and running not only helps the pounds come off, it heals and transforms people.  The successes and progress are so much easier to quantify and measure than other workouts, too, so I think you're proud of yourself earlier on in the weight loss than journey other strategies.   I just LOVED her success story.  I loved how she turned around her thought processes from a diet being all about things you "CAN'T" do to being all about finish-lines everywhere in your life.  

"I still experience those rock-star moments, every time I make it through a 5 a. m. six-miler when I'd rather be in bed, or finish a hard set of intervals on the treadmill at the Y. There may be no cheering crowds, no medals, no booming baritone announcement. But the finish-line feeling lives on, in my head and in my heart."

1 comment:

  1. ok, so I am not offically participating in this challenge, but here is my favorite hero ever;

    Dottie Lessard-Oconnor

    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-408--10383-7-1X2X3X4X5X6X7X8X9-10,00.html


    yes, yes, imagine that, a runner,
    but she does not win marathons or perform crazy stunts like running 300 miles without sleeping;

    She runs short distances because she has cystic fibrosis; she was unable to exercise until a few years ago when a double lung transplant gave her that freedom, later she suffered a car accident and needed a kidney transplant. Yet she does not give up. She is an example of doing what she can with what she has. The embodiment of "challenge your excuses". I want to be like this in all aspects of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.