10/8/09

Feel the Burn Thursday!

Good morning, Ladies!  What have you been doing this week and what do you have planned for this weekend for torching those calories and melting chub!?! Share with us your workouts.


This Active.com article 3 Ways to Make Every Workout Fun touts the importance of mixing things up and making workouts fun so that you will stick to them.  "Whether exercise is your passion or just a means of staying healthy, it's important to find ways to enjoy every workout. Try something new--you never know what might work for you."
  1. Find a workout buddy (I think we're "virtual" workout buddies here on this blog!)
  2. Add variety to your workouts
  3. Set a goal for each workout
I am going to be sending an email of info to those of you who live in my local area for a free one week trial at a fitness bootcamp next week that I'm going to check out. 

Keep on truckin' and keep on blasting those calories!  Every little bit helps :)  So I know he's no exercise guru, but this cool quote I came across yesterday, think about it in light of this 10 in 6 challenge: "Nothing happens by itself...it all will come your way, once you understand that you have to make it come your way, by your own exertion." - Ben Stein.  Its up to you, beautiful ladies!  Only YOU can make you hit your goals!  You can do :)

4 comments:

  1. Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I went for a jog outside. Tonight and Saturday I will as well. I do have some Tae Bo DVDs that I got from the library and plan to do tonight, too :) Next week I'm going to give that boot camp a twirl! Can't wait to get new fresh ideas from you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really made a conscious effort to get my butt to the gym. I have been out of the habit for about 2 months and MAN can my body tell! So Monday, since I started the challenge, I started walking on the treadmill. I was able to run about 1/4 mile (which before I was up to 1 mile!) So, I'm going to work back up to that. Yesterday, I was able to do running/walking intervals - 1/4 mile each but only ran 2 of those, but it's progress! I plan to do the eliptical today, we'll see. That's my workout! I make sure I do the tread mill for 2 miles or 30 mintues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been in on any conversations yet this week. We just put our house on the market and are getting ready for the open house on Sunday. We're looking to move to a different neighborhood, so I'll still be a Madisonian.
    I'm finding that all this cleaning, yard work, painting, etc. burns a lot of calories! And there's not as much time to eat when you're busy. I'll be happy to get back to workouts, but in the meantime I know my arms, legs and core are being strengthened by going up & down the stairs, reaching, lifting, carrying, sweeping/vacuuming, and such!
    To add to the list of snacks yesterday, I find I can get an hour out of 3-4 Triscuits (I buy the reduced fat ones because I think they taste saltier; they don't actually have more salt, just are less buttery). They're great to keep in the car when running errands. Also, when you feel too tired/hungry to make a real dinner, they give you a little boost so that you'll take the time to make a good meal instead of grabbing frozen pizza or whatever.
    I also like Trader Joe's pumpkin butter. It's fat free and yummy on toast or english muffins. I like to swirl 1/2 T. into yogurt.
    Great to be with you all for another TenInSix! Thanks for all of your positive comments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah F, I'm going to have to try out that pumpkin butter. It sounds yummy.

    I started yoga Wednesday morning. It was fantastic. I love yoga, and have committed to Wednesday mornings at least through this 6 weeks. My abs and legs are feeling it!

    I am supposed to be running...I picked up a carrier for my iphone so I don't have to hold it or stick it in my pants while running. I also made a playlist for running. I will be getting out to run or run/walk this weekend. Maybe twice!

    Amy C

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.