8/28/09

Feel Good Friday

(The "End of the 1st Mini Challenge" post will be later on this evening, so email me your 3 pics if you haven't yet! Remember you get a prize for playing along!)

Heading into this beautiful weekend, with generally more leisure and relaxation time than during the week (unless you've got big projects or travels planned), what are you going to do to stay motivated? Are you going to find the time to get in a longer-than-usual but relaxing workout? It's not just what we put in our bodies food-wise that matters in changing ourselves for the better; it's also what we put into our minds! Fill your buckets with positive things, surround yourself with positive people, and give yourself positive encouragement. I challenge you to swing by the movie store & rent an inspirational flick or documentary (or hulu.com), or to swing by the library or bookstore and get an inspirational book or healthy cookbook, or browse online and read some articles or blogs that are going to uplift you and motivate you to be energized, healthier, and more active. What are your recommendations for us all? Share them!

I love all of these:

Hilarious movie! British humor. (Maybe not kid-friendly, since its about a chain-smoking but hilarious guy who's never done an active thing in his life trying to train for & run a marathon to show-up his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend who's a marathoner) One of my fav's that my hubby bought me this week :) PG-13



Valerie shared this beauty with me before my half marathon. Really motivational if you want to run! You can watch it online here.



One Crazy Guy! All about pushing yourself to the max.



Pretty opposite the UltraMarathon Man book, this one's about relaxing while running the listening to our bodies.



Some stuff is scrumptious! Good for sugar fixes. A lot of it is admittedly not "real food" or high on the wholesome/organic charts...



I haven't read this one but plan on it- it's a funny book Jamie (on the blog here) is reading.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are amazing! I love reading these posts! You're putting so much time into making this blog fabulous and in keeping us motivated, THANKS! These all look great! I'm going to also keep reading my book The Noticer, by Andy Andrews. I love his books and the inspirational wisdom I'm reminded of when I read them. Love it so far. Have a great weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell ya- I feel GREAT! Sorry I totally forgot to take the photos of the food- it's been a VERY busy week full of appts and Bridgette started Kindergarten this week.

    Oh and here's my random contribution. I've been doing tae bo pretty much all week (it's kicking my butt but I feel great). So I love Billy Blanks' tae bo. Here's a general link, but I bought mine at walmart cheaply! :-) www.billybanks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Linds! I have the tae bo workouts on VHS but don't have a VCR anymore ;) Maybe I'll have to check them out on DVD for a good indoor winter workout! I'm glad you're feeling the health benefits!

    I will have to check that book out, Nicki. Looks like good reviews on Good Reads! You're a doll :)

    OH, and I forgot to post this yesterday, BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!!!!!! Laura's birthday was yesterday :) Hope you have a fun birthday weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.