8/24/09

Monday Check-In

How did the end of the first week of the 10 in 6 Challenge go for you beautiful ladies??? Let us know the results of the check-in, how much you're up or down, and how you feel about it. Push it this week and keep your momentum going strong! Only you can change you. Challenge your excuses. I know you can reach your goals. We're all here to cheer you on and support you, celebrate in your successes and boost in your lulls. Here are some thoughts for you to start off your week determined and focused:

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." -David Viscott

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

"Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality." -Ralph Marston

"You're never beaten until you admit it." -George S. Patton


And that brings me to our first side challenge :) Yay! So this side challenge is optional to participate in, but if you do participate in it, I'll send you a prize :) Check out this article from Women's Health and do this experiment with me:


Serve dinner 3 nights (between now and Friday) on miniature place settings- salad/dessert plates, salad forks, smaller glasses, etc. Take a picture of each dinner table (or counter :P) all set up miniaturized with food on the plates. Email me the pictures sometime during the week and I'll post them this Friday. Then share with us all at the end of the challenge if you tricked your brain into being more "satisfied" or if you think the article is totally bunk. I'm curious to see if this works and I think it'll be really fun. Your kids will think it's fun, too!

11 comments:

  1. Down 3.3! More than I expected and I'm prepared for lower losses later on in the challenge. I'm estatic and pumped up to keep on going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 lb less, but last Monday I weighed myself a couple hours after breakfast because I had to go out and buy a scale. (Now we'll be able to weigh our suitcase before we get to the airport!)
    I'm excited about how I've been thinking about exercise. I'm neither thinking of it as something I *should* do, nor as a "bonus" to my day. Rather I'm thinking of it as an important element of everyday life, which can take different forms, intensity levels, time frames. (Oh, trying to achieve the elusive "balance"!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Sarah F! Routine and balance are a challenge to achieve and that's so exciting that you're seeing them begin to take shape in your daily healthy active life! Calm centering...ahhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost 2 pounds, Yeah! I'm happy with that! My big thing on weigh-in days is to remember that it's also the start of the next week! Here we go again!!! Another 2 pounds would be great this next week. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Nicole! Woohoo! Feels great, doesn't it! Yay :)

    And I just fixed the link to he article so it works...sorry bout that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost 2 lbs this week! woo hoo! So that means 2 down for the challenge and 7 lbs over all since August 4th. Totally excited about that! My goal this week is to start accurately recording my calories burned. I don't really trust what the machine at the gym says or what the MFP guesstimates because it tends to be a couple hundred calorie difference.
    Everyone is doing a fantastic job! Keep up the great work! Week 1: accomplished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm holding fast to the same weight. I feel good about it especially since I've been doing a really good job eating well and exercising (most days). I already do the small portions. I read an article a while ago that your body is made more to process many [I think it was 5-6] mini meals rather then the 3 that most people do. That's not suitable for everyone's lifestyle, but I've noticed for me it's true. I'm still working to get more toned, but am excited to feel the burn again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lost 1 pound; pretty good. My goal this week is to put a little more effort into my workouts. Maybe get out of the house for a jog in this blasted AZ heat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost one pound this week and I'm happy for that one pound gone. I'm thinking of how heavy a pound of butter is and how good it feels to have that off my body! I'm especially proud of my one pound because we had family in from California last week. -lots of eating out and rushed meals on the go. I did pretty good! -salads at resteraunts and small servings at home. Yea! It should be much easier this week. I love reading all of your inspirational tips and positive comments. Thanks for that. This blog helps more than I thought it would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, everyone! I'm happy that I'm down 1.2 pounds and that pound is never coming back! My gym is actually closed for the next three days for annual maitenance - so my workouts are going to have be outside or at home (which is a change from what I've been doing lately). All of your successes is really encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.