7/19/10

Monday Morning Check-In

Good morning, girls!
Check in and let us know how you're doing!!! What's your game plan for this last week of the challenge?

9 comments:

  1. I am 2.2 lbs up since the start of this challenge. I am not super pleased with that, but it is what it is and keeping monitor of my weight even when I am in my goal range is important for not letting 40lbs creep up on my like it did slowly over the first 5 1/2 years of marriage. It is what it is and I'm going to have a great week with a small loss!! Game plan is agua, agua, agua!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning!! I am down 1.4lbs for the last two weeks. Definitely in the right direction. I am past the point on this journey of getting large numbers so my motivation is being healthy and feeling stronger and seeing muscle in places that didn't show it before. My game plan this week is more water!! It is hot and humid so without enough water I drag really bad!

    I do have a question because I need help. I am experiencing some weird things after long runs. This last Saturday was the worst so I am stumped. After finishing a long run I get dizzy and nausea then the rest of the day my stomach is achy and crampy. I drank more during the run and had a bonk bar which I was hoping would help. Any suggestions?? Anyone have something similar happen to them? If so how did you overcome it? I am training for my 4th half and really want to hit my goal time!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am down 2 pounds this week. Yahoo!! My game plan this week is to keep on trucking. I plan on watching what goes into my mouth and making sure I stay within my calorie limit every day.

    It's going to be a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini me, my suggestion is to try eating a little before you run.

    Could someone explain to me HOW I gained 5 lbs last week?!! I'm serious, no joke. It's not that time of the month. I ate pretty normally and even started running again! Help!

    On the up side, my sports med doc cleared me to run my Half in Sept! I've got to be careful while training, but I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan,
    that's the best news I've heard in a long time--I mean about the half marathon!! Sorry about the five pounds. It must be water:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the good attitude, Sarah. I've noticed pounds come creep up fast when I've just lost them. Like my body is still happy to maintain a higher weight I just came from and slides back up with little slacking on my part. Then the longer I maintain a lower weight, the easier it is to maintain it. Interesting, and frustrating sometimes!

    Meghan, awesome. So happy for you! Forget those stinkin new pounds, they'll fly right off. Weather and stuff play into weight too.

    Maggie - amesome, too!!!

    This week I'm down 1.5 pounds YAAAAAY!

    Plan is to eat lots of plants, and water - good idea Mini me - to not be sluggish in mugginess. Run some, workout my core HARD some, and make every day a sweaty good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey all-- I'm getting my resolve back. I kinda lost steam for a little while, but I'm determined to get back on the wagon. I feel like my goal weight is so close and I want to make it there.

    I kept track of my calories last week and lost 2 pounds. I've found that tracking calories is the only way I really stay accountable for what I'm eating. So I'm going to keep at it. And hopefully fit in some exercise too.

    Thanks for all the positive-ness. I haven't commented for a while, but I read every post and every comment and I appreciate the motivation each of you provide me. You ladies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mini Me, I'd say more food & more electrolytes! Your body is hitting a wall b/c it's running out of fuel. When you're sweating a ton in the sweltering heat of summer, sometimes water alone is not enough. Even if you're drinking gallons a day. It'll go right through you and be sweated out. Try electrolytes to get more hydration to stay in your body. Ideally, that's Pedialyte, but there are homemade recipes for that all over online. Here's one http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/electrolyte-water-recipe that calls for:
    1 liter of water
    1/2 tsp of baking soda
    2 tbsp of agave nectar
    1/2 tbsp of sea salt
    Mix together
    Or you can try gatorades, powerades, etc.
    With how much you sweat when you run, I don't think the hydration you're taking in has much time to do your body good before you're dripping it off on the trail :)
    Also, keep in mind that higher temperatures (outside and body temps) mean higher calorie burn. Your body's becoming a furnace. Try a heart rate monitor to re-calculate your summer outdoor running calorie burn and eat accordingly in My Fitness Pal, b/c it's definitely going to be higher than in cooler weather. Like if you average a burn during cool weather of 120 calories a mile, then in the winter maybe that's 145-150. So maybe you think you're eating enough but you're not.
    Just some things to think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you really burn more calories when it is hot outside? Thanks for all the great info! I think this helps explain also why I have been sooo exhausted lately. It has been hot and humid this last month and I haven't been taking in electrolytes or more food. Definitely some things to think about and try. THANKS!!!

    I LOVE this blog!

    Yeah you know I leave a stream on the trail with my sweat : )

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.