6/29/10
Tuesday Motivation
Good morning, girls!
Books, movies, poetry, quotes, etc can all uplift us and inspire us to
be our best selves.
What is your favorite book or movie that has inspired you to shoot for
your goals? Or at least provided comic relief along the journey to a
healthy lifestyle. Please share!
Books, movies, poetry, quotes, etc can all uplift us and inspire us to
be our best selves.
What is your favorite book or movie that has inspired you to shoot for
your goals? Or at least provided comic relief along the journey to a
healthy lifestyle. Please share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























Hey Ladies! I read this post earlier this morning and have been thinking about it today. I think the thing that inspires me the most is knowing amazing people and their stories. Sarah is a huge inspiration to me. For the last year or so that I know of she has been setting goals and checking them off. There is a blog I like to follow of a lady I know that has lost 100lbs. and is on the last 25lbs she wants to lose. My sister is also an inspiration to me. She suffered a horrible injury that should have ended her athletic career but it didn't. She came back and did phenomenal because she knew it was a blessing from God that she was able to play. Our bodies are a blessing. There are people that can't move. That can't go out and exercise, enjoy walking outside, chase their kids and a million other things that we CAN do. My last half marathon attempt was a disappointment in the fact that I was unable to achieve the goal I had set but with the severe sunburn I had it was a HUGE blessing just to put clothes on and run that day. Our bodies are a gift and being able to move them is a blessing.
ReplyDeleteJust my thoughts today : )
I just want to say, Mini Me, that seeing you running through the finish line of that half has been a huge inspiration to me. That image has played over in my head tons of times since then when I'm tired and don't feel like doing what I need to do. I see you coming in, body completely fighting your mind, bra chemically attached to the skin on your back, RUNNING through the finish. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteMini Me I would love to know the address of the blog you follow.
ReplyDeleteSeveral years ago I read Eat, Love, Pray. I know that some love this book and others hate it. I loved it. I found it so inspiring that this woman went out and made her dreams come true. Now, not all of us have a book deal to fund such amazing travels, but something in that book spoke to me. We don't have to accept the status quo. We can all change our lives and create the future we want.