4/26/10
Monday Morning Check-in: Day ONE!
Good morning, beauties! Oh how I've missed you these last 2 chaotic weeks! Let's get this party started :)
It's a day of new beginnings :)
This morning take your starting measurements (whatever body parts you feel like tracking the next six weeks) and your starting weight. Record these in your My Fitness Pal profile. They'll stay confidential. Start tracking your calories consumed and your calories burned in your My Fitness Pal profile (there's a free iPhone app for My Fitness Pal, too).
Everybody check in here, say hi, introduce yourself, tell us why you want to lose the weight or hit that fitness goal, and tell us what you're reward is going to be when you hit it!
Make it a great day today!
It's a day of new beginnings :)
This morning take your starting measurements (whatever body parts you feel like tracking the next six weeks) and your starting weight. Record these in your My Fitness Pal profile. They'll stay confidential. Start tracking your calories consumed and your calories burned in your My Fitness Pal profile (there's a free iPhone app for My Fitness Pal, too).
Everybody check in here, say hi, introduce yourself, tell us why you want to lose the weight or hit that fitness goal, and tell us what you're reward is going to be when you hit it!
Make it a great day today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Hi, ladies! I am SOOOO amped up for this session of the 10 in 6 :)
ReplyDeleteI have gained a bit this last month or so with a cross country move and stress and yadayadayada. No more excuses! I am owning it. I am not perfect. I am going to rock this. It's a marathon and not a sprint. I can't wait to hear all of your positive and upbeat encouragements.
I have lost weight this past year and will lose this last little bit this session because it makes me feel amazing. It makes me feel energized, sexy, powerful, and confident. It makes me love me.
My reward for losing 10 lbs this session is going to be a pedicure. Yay! My tootsies want it so bad they've told me they're going to help me run a lot of miles the next 6 weeks :)
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!! I am really excited for this next 10 in 6 challenge. I am going to face and overcome my excuses and obstacles this challenge and beyond! I have lost focus and it has caught up to me but NO MORE. Today is the start of getting back on track and back to feeling fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI was unable to weigh and measure this morning since everything is packed and ready to move tomorrow! Things will be chaotic for a little while yet but I can make good choices and have power over how I will handle it!
Next Monday I will be checking out a new gym and will be become very familiar with it. I will start training for a half marathon in June that I am really excited for. I will train hard and will feel joy when I cross the finish line knowing I have worked hard with no regrets!!!!
I am still alive and kicking. I keep dissapeering on you girls but I'm still working on my weight loss. Its been slow going but this last week I lost 3 pounds!
ReplyDeleteAnyways I'm Jeanie. I have been married almost 4 years and we have a baby girl Layla who will be a year in July! I have finally reached my pre pregnancy weight actually I'm below it by 3 pounds! I still have over 50 more to go to get to my goal. So far I have lost 30 pounds though :)
I work as a water aerobics instructor that really helps with the exercise. I also just started my own business cleaning others homes. That has also help kicking my butt into shape!
I have been really busy with my new business so I may not get to post much but I still read everything through my eamil.
I'm excited to finish this 10 in 6! I want to be that much smaller for this Summer! Good luck everyone!
YES! I'm sooooo ready for a fresh start! I did not succeed last time so I'm extra motivated to prove to myself that I can do this! I've started going to water aerobics with some friends and it has really helped to have workout buddies. It's the rest of the workouts that I need to improve on - the times when I'm not meeting a buddy, and I think I can get away with not working out.
ReplyDeleteI've also been reading Alicia Silverstone's book called The Kind Diet, and have been flirting with the possibility of going vegetarian. It's a big challenge! If anyone else is vegetarian and has quick, easy recipes that fill you up, I'd love to learn your tricks!
Good luck everyone!
Hello All! I got lazy last 10in6 and didn’t make any progress; this time around there are no excuses! I have lost 6 lbs my first 10in6 and gained 1 this last one, so I am down 5lbs since I started this year. I have 15 more pound until I reach my goal, and I want to lose half of that this next 6 weeks. Now that summer is just around the corner I want to feel more comfortable in summer clothes, and the more comfortable I am the more confidence I have! My reward for reaching my goal is some new summer clothes (I have been hiding in sweaters and t-shirts too long.)
ReplyDeleteGood luck to everyone!
Cadie, I am a vegetarian! but I have no real recipes and my only advice is to learn to love legumes. and guacemole.
ReplyDeleteunfortunately, vegetarianism does not guarantee weight loss. Neither does crazy running.
What does guarantee weight loss? reducing calories. So that is my game plan.
I am still where I was two months ago, and I really want to lose 10 lbs, which will put me within striking distance of my pre-pregnancy weight; After which I can stop losing weight and simply maintain.
I'm looking forward to a new 10-in-6 challenge! Life has been crazy around here lately. Our house is on the market and I didn't have access to my scale for about 2 weeks at the end of the last challenge, while they were doing some renovations/upgrades. It will still be a bit of a challenge, while life is so up in the air right now, but I'm determined to not use excuses. The good news is that I was able to maintain my weight loss over that 2 week period, even with my parents visiting and the house in upheaval. So - here we go with another challenge!
ReplyDeleteHey everyone!!! I'm so glad we're starting up again, I've really missed your daily emails! My weight has been so up and down lately I really need to get that 10 gone this time around! I know I can do it if I can just keep up with the things I know I should do! No one else is going to do it for me! I've been over weight far too many years, I want to get back to where I'm more comfortable. I'm so glad you guys are all back, it's great to be in this marathon with you! Make it a fabulous day! Oh, I forgot my reward. I still want that family picture!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy, I am so EXCITED to begin again! I gained 5 lbs during my move over the past 6 weeks, and have taken off 4 of it. So I'm 1 lb. up total from where I left off before my chaos. I'm doing this to be a more stable, positive person. What I eat strongly determines how I feel and behave, so I want to be the best me I can be.
ReplyDeleteThis will be our best 10-in-6 yet, I know it! And our best Spring! Yay!
Good Afternoon everyone!!! I'm so excited for this new challenge! I've missed you all...
ReplyDeleteI'm shooting for all 10# this challenge. Last time I lost 8#. I'm starting up 2 from the end of last challenge, so I'm actually shooting for 12.
My Triathlon is in July, and I'm getting excited!
I'm planing on a 1/2 marathon in August, and I need to start training NOW! I really don't have any plan to "run" the whole thing. I do a very nice run/walk that I enjoy but I need to up my speed and distance.
I just had breakfast with my friend JoAnn (she should be joining us this challenge) We are going to do the Door County Century ride in September!! and we are making it a girl's weekend!!!
I have big plans for this summer, and getting rid of some of this extra weight will only make it easier! I know from past challenges that tracking my calories is key for me. I need to keep my focus on mfp and put everything in. I start my CSA spring share this week. There are lots of fresh organic veggies in my future from now until the end of October. MMMMMMM.......
Cadie, check out www.101cookbooks.com She had fantastic recipes and they are all vegetarian. I have found lots of recipes here for veggies that I don't know what to do with.
Hello 10in6 friends!! I have sure missed the daily emails and so I am really excited to start this challenge again! I was really nervous to step on the scale this morning and thankfully I have not gained but instead maintained. Over the last couple of weeks, I haven't done as good as I should be but no more excuses! I am back and ready to work hard and reach my goal! Good luck to all of you lovely ladies this week! I'm glad we're doing this together! :)
ReplyDeleteAllll riiiight! Let's get this started!!!
ReplyDeleteFresh start - fresh spring and summer fruits and vegies - fresh interest in swim suit season coming up - fresh runs outdoors - it's time for a good start...and finish.
I feel an ENORMOUS difference in energy level and mood when I'm eating fresh, healthy foods and working out. Crazy that it's still so tough for me to just do it!!! I'm dedicating this 6 weeks to getting my energy up - consistently eating fresh and not too much, and staying active outdoors.
As a reward for my awesome weight loss I will buy 10 new songs from itunes - one for each of those heavy 10 pounds.
Hi all! It's soooooo good to be back at the 10 in 6!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous time of year to be living healthy and strong! We start anew just like all of nature around us, waking up to a new season of life! My goal is to live as beautiful as the trees and flowers that are all around me!
I'm participating in this challenge because I want to feel great! I want to be as healthy as my best self can be! I want to reap the rewards of fueling my body with what it requires to do it's best! I want to enjoy how it feels to be strong and energized from exercising my muscles and stretching myself into greater physical capacities!
My goal for this 6 weeks is to prepare for my first half marathon on June 19th and finish it feeling completely accomplished and on cloud 9! And, as soon as I finish that I'm signing up for another event! I also want to continue to record every mouthful of food that I consume so that I have a sense of accountability for what I give my body to work with. If I lose a couple of pounds along the way, that'll be awesome too!
My reward will be a smashing sense of self esteem for this season's shorts and skirts and swimsuits! Can't wait!!
*sigh* I'm laid up for the next week due to a hurt knee. I'm really looking forward to this challenge though!
ReplyDeleteHi everyone! Okay, I'm two days late but that's the way I roll. Thanks for the budge Amy. I just recently got out of the hospital and had lost 15 pounds from that experience. Stepping on the scale this morning, I see I've gained 10 of it back. My goal this year is to lose 50 pounds and I'm very motivated to do it. Good luck to all of you during this six-week period. We can do it!!!!
ReplyDelete