4/29/10
Feel the Burn Thursday
Good morning, shrinking divas!
Mini Me, I hope your move yesterday went well!
Today's post is all about sharing our workouts and what we've been up to. So, how have you been sweatin' away the inches, gals?
There are some great links on the left sidebar of the blog page here w/ workouts, like an ab workout, an upper body workout, the 100 pushups challenge, and the 100 situps challenge.
Watching the Biggest Loser this week, I was so pumped up by their 5K that they did in Texas. Races & the exhuberance of finishing something that's difficult, that gives me SUCH a high! I love it :) So if you haven't picked out some kind of race, I think you really should! Walking a 5K, running a 5K, 10K, half marathon, marathon, sprint triathlon, sprint duathlon, adventure race etc. You'll be so dang proud of yourself :) http://www.runningintheusa.com/
Also, have you ever checked out what kind of cheap or free deals there are in your area to try some kind of new workout for free? I'm working through a free one week unlimited classes membership to Corepower Yoga centers here in Colorado (they have them across the country). I'm checking out free running clubs and groups here a couple times a week (just Googled them up). Next week I'm going to print out a coupon online for one free LA Boxing class (heard that on the radio). I signed up for a race & with that came a 1 month free membership to the YMCA (because the Y is a sponser of the event), so I'm taking their twice weekly adult swim class for free. In the past I've used workout DVDs from the library or streamed from Netflix or borrowed from friends. I am going to see what I can find for rock climbing gym freebies. I can't wait to explore more online to find more freebies for different gyms & programs here! So anyways, I'm sharing this so you guys all be creative! Want to try something new? Chances are there's a coupon online to try it out once for free! I'm just going to keep being adventuresome b/c it's fun & keeps me on my toes. These muscles ain't memorizin' nuthin' !!!! :)
Mini Me, I hope your move yesterday went well!
Today's post is all about sharing our workouts and what we've been up to. So, how have you been sweatin' away the inches, gals?
There are some great links on the left sidebar of the blog page here w/ workouts, like an ab workout, an upper body workout, the 100 pushups challenge, and the 100 situps challenge.
Watching the Biggest Loser this week, I was so pumped up by their 5K that they did in Texas. Races & the exhuberance of finishing something that's difficult, that gives me SUCH a high! I love it :) So if you haven't picked out some kind of race, I think you really should! Walking a 5K, running a 5K, 10K, half marathon, marathon, sprint triathlon, sprint duathlon, adventure race etc. You'll be so dang proud of yourself :) http://www.runningintheusa.com/
Also, have you ever checked out what kind of cheap or free deals there are in your area to try some kind of new workout for free? I'm working through a free one week unlimited classes membership to Corepower Yoga centers here in Colorado (they have them across the country). I'm checking out free running clubs and groups here a couple times a week (just Googled them up). Next week I'm going to print out a coupon online for one free LA Boxing class (heard that on the radio). I signed up for a race & with that came a 1 month free membership to the YMCA (because the Y is a sponser of the event), so I'm taking their twice weekly adult swim class for free. In the past I've used workout DVDs from the library or streamed from Netflix or borrowed from friends. I am going to see what I can find for rock climbing gym freebies. I can't wait to explore more online to find more freebies for different gyms & programs here! So anyways, I'm sharing this so you guys all be creative! Want to try something new? Chances are there's a coupon online to try it out once for free! I'm just going to keep being adventuresome b/c it's fun & keeps me on my toes. These muscles ain't memorizin' nuthin' !!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























For you Madison gals, you can get a free one day pass to Gold's Gym in Fitchburg (which includes taking any of their classes for free that day). You can get a free one week pass to Princeton Club. You can get a $10 unlimited classes for one week pass to Bliss Flow Yoga in Fitchburg. You can get a $20 unlimited classes for two weeks pass to Inner Fire Yoga in Madison. I've used all of those :) So fun! Anyone know of any other good deals?
ReplyDeleteFor me, I had a good weekend last weekend of a run and hot yoga. Monday night I went to my first swim class. Tuesday night I checked out a way-too-fast-for-me running group. Wednesday night I went to my second swim class. Tonight if work cooperates, I plan on checking out a different running group and then after that going to a candlelight core yoga class to unwind. Ahhh... can't wait!
Sarah it's a good thing you moved to such a healthy active city. What would you have done if there weren't all these opportunities for discounted exercise!!!
ReplyDeleteThis week I have run twice, and done 2 evenings of hot yoga followed by yin. I'm taking today off. Tomorrow I plan to run in the am, then I go back to work.
Inner Fire Yoga had free yoga all weekend (or a donation if you like) it's their abundance celebration all proceeds from donations and the silent auction go to 2 charities here in Madison. Check out their website for the schedule-it's a little different than the regular schedule www.innerfireyoga.com I'm a little bummed that I can't take part in the free yoga all weekend. If I weren't working I might spend the whole weekend there.
Next week I need to get out on my bike!
Keep sweating ladies!!
My post should say Inner Fire HAS free yoga all weekend, not had
ReplyDelete