1/19/10
Tuesday Motivation
Good morning, girls! Today's post will be a little rambly :)
Going into the second week here, we want to keep up that phenomenal momentum from last week. Be really proud of your accomplishments, not just any weight you may or may not have lost, but the accomplishment of giving this blog a shot, the accomplishment of trying really hard to watch what you eat and fit in a few workouts, the accomplishment of being conscious of your choices & excuses. Be really proud of all the great habits you've started! Be your own cheerleader!
This old article, 10 Tidbits of Weight Loss Wisdom from the Biggest Loser, touts just this as the second tid bit, "Be your own high-stepping, baton-twirling majorette!" Ha ha, I love that mental image :)
Life coach Dale Smith Thomas said in her motivational email yesterday that we need to be our own biggest fan: "Remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said, 'No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' You need to become your...biggest fan. Everyone needs a cheerleader...do it yourself! Talk yourself up...A strong, positive self esteem is essential for achieving the goals we have set for ourselves."
Today, keep in mind how freakin' awesome you are and then decide that you ARE going to be successful. "Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." -Henry Ford
Think that you CAN and think that you WILL! You can do it, ladies!
And I think a little self-confidence tends to cultivate even MORE self-confidence. It snowballs. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -Vincent Van Gogh
YOU can be a healthy version of yourself. Clean out the negative thoughts, doubts, fears, etc. THIS is a fresh change, a healthy lifestyle start for you, something that you CAN keep up and maintain the rest of your life, something that you WILL succeed at and feel WONDERFUL from. Stay just as strong this week as you did last week!
Everyone comment and let us all know a cheer from you to you, since you're your own biggest cheerleader (this might be hard & awkward, but that's the point)! You can also let us know any change that you've felt within yourself physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. either via your entire weight-loss journey or via this first week on the challenge here. It will build us all up and help us see that the change we are bringing about is internal and not just external, and that it all STARTS WITH US! It all starts with a decision. Challenge your excuses!
Going into the second week here, we want to keep up that phenomenal momentum from last week. Be really proud of your accomplishments, not just any weight you may or may not have lost, but the accomplishment of giving this blog a shot, the accomplishment of trying really hard to watch what you eat and fit in a few workouts, the accomplishment of being conscious of your choices & excuses. Be really proud of all the great habits you've started! Be your own cheerleader!
This old article, 10 Tidbits of Weight Loss Wisdom from the Biggest Loser, touts just this as the second tid bit, "Be your own high-stepping, baton-twirling majorette!" Ha ha, I love that mental image :)
Life coach Dale Smith Thomas said in her motivational email yesterday that we need to be our own biggest fan: "Remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said, 'No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' You need to become your...biggest fan. Everyone needs a cheerleader...do it yourself! Talk yourself up...A strong, positive self esteem is essential for achieving the goals we have set for ourselves."
Today, keep in mind how freakin' awesome you are and then decide that you ARE going to be successful. "Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." -Henry Ford
Think that you CAN and think that you WILL! You can do it, ladies!
And I think a little self-confidence tends to cultivate even MORE self-confidence. It snowballs. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -Vincent Van Gogh
YOU can be a healthy version of yourself. Clean out the negative thoughts, doubts, fears, etc. THIS is a fresh change, a healthy lifestyle start for you, something that you CAN keep up and maintain the rest of your life, something that you WILL succeed at and feel WONDERFUL from. Stay just as strong this week as you did last week!
Everyone comment and let us all know a cheer from you to you, since you're your own biggest cheerleader (this might be hard & awkward, but that's the point)! You can also let us know any change that you've felt within yourself physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. either via your entire weight-loss journey or via this first week on the challenge here. It will build us all up and help us see that the change we are bringing about is internal and not just external, and that it all STARTS WITH US! It all starts with a decision. Challenge your excuses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























"Sarah, you are one healthy, althetic chica who's only able to get stronger, harder, and faster!"
ReplyDeleteMy self-confidence and outgoingness has taken a real 180 in the last few months. I KNOW I can do now whatever it is I say I'm going to do and I KNOW that I don't have to feel awkward or like a slub in groups of friends, especially in photos. I'm hot :) hehe
You girls have all been doing so great! I'm so proud of your huge accomplishments in such a short period of time! Just remember slow & steady wins the race :)
GREAT GREAT job on the weight loss, everyone!
ReplyDeleteMy personal motivation is a combination of a visual of myself as a thin, healthy person, as well as the fact that I really do LOVE to eat healthyfully. I actually believe that now. I love eating veggies, especially broiled with a little olive oil. I love fruits. I love whole grains. I've come very far to be able to truthfully say this, as I was raised with some very bad eating habits. I also LOVE walking and yoga. I picture myself as one of the many healthy European women I got to know when I lived in Germany. It's slowly becoming a part of my identity. And I hope that by having that positive visual image of myself, that maintaining my weight loss won't be too difficult.
Make this day a great one!
i know i am a newbie at this and may sound a bit crazy and cause some chuckles because i've been laughing at myself of my clarity. :) i feel that everything has just clicked lately! i've tried to do this before and failed miserably but right now it has just clicked. it's like the universe had to be aligned just right. :) i have felt an awakening inside of me. it has told me that i matter and that i can spend some time for just me! i don't think my body has changed all that much this past week but i feel things fit better so therefore i stand a little taller and don't care so much about what i think others are thinking of me or criticing me on. it's a breathe of freshair!! all keep up the fab-u-lous work!!!
ReplyDelete"Meghan, you are doing what you once thought impossible! You look better now than you ever have b/c you are strong and didn't ever give up! Stay smart, sassy and beautiful -- the sky is the limit!"
ReplyDeleteWriting that was fun! Keep those comments coming everyone! I depend on them beeping away on my blackberry all day to cheer me on! Whoo-hoo!
You are a strong, capable woman and can do whatever you put your mind to! Keep the focus and put your mind to being healthy for the rest of your life. You can because you *think* you can!
ReplyDeleteAmy, you are a strong confident woman that can do anything. It doesn't matter what other people think and say. Stay focused and you can do and be anything you set your mind to.
ReplyDelete"You will make this happen. No one is standing in your way but you. Keep the focus forward even if you have to slow things down for a bit. Don't give up and you will be that confident, healthy you we both know is in there. Don't forget that feeling of accomplishing something that even you (and everyone around you) thought was out of the question. Take on that next challenge and knock it out of the water. It's up to YOU and no one else to get it done!"
ReplyDeleteKim! Kim! I'm a strong, confident, healthy (wo) man!
ReplyDeleteIf I CAN do it, then everyone CAN!!!
GOOOOO KIM!!!!
Silly I know, but fun! I just can't say enough how grateful I am to be part of this blog. You have all inspired me and continue to inspire me and it feels good to have our own personal cheerleaders! I am starting to see a glimpse of my old self and it feels great and I am excited to continue on with this journey with all of you and know that one day I will look in the mirror and see the strong, confident, and healthy woman that I have been searching for, ME! I know I CAN, I know I CAN and I WILL!!!
Whenever I am running and really want to slow down or just stop I repeat in my mind : "I am amazing! I am great!" over and over until my body agrees with my mind.
ReplyDelete