10/12/09
Monday Check-In
Good morning, Ladies! How was your weekend? Share with us how much you're up or down in weight and any changes you've noticed. I can't wait to hear how you all did in your first week!
Also, today's going to start the first side-challenge :) Here it is: There are 13 active participants this time around in the 10 in 6 challenge (I haven't heard from Kim for her info and I haven't heard from Jessie if she'd like to continue from last challenge, so these two aren't counted in the 13). If, as an entire group of 13 active participants, we collectively lose 26 lbs total (2 lbs per person average), then I'll send you something special in the mail as a prize :) Yes, I stole this fair and square from BL, but I don't care. I think 2 lbs for each of us this coming week is definitely do-able. Your fellow challengers depend on you! You can do it! Push it extra hard!
Also, today's going to start the first side-challenge :) Here it is: There are 13 active participants this time around in the 10 in 6 challenge (I haven't heard from Kim for her info and I haven't heard from Jessie if she'd like to continue from last challenge, so these two aren't counted in the 13). If, as an entire group of 13 active participants, we collectively lose 26 lbs total (2 lbs per person average), then I'll send you something special in the mail as a prize :) Yes, I stole this fair and square from BL, but I don't care. I think 2 lbs for each of us this coming week is definitely do-able. Your fellow challengers depend on you! You can do it! Push it extra hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























I fluctuated wildly this weekend, but overall, I'd say I'm down 2.2 lbs this week and I'm very satisfied with that :) I survived my first marathon :) I'll post the story later and let you all know :) Thanks for the support! Now it's time to cheer on Nicole & Valerie as they do a half marathon in 2 weeks! And it's Nicole's first race ever! Go, girls! I went to the first morning of my free week of boot camp at 5:30 am today and WOW- I can't wait to improve my core and upper body strength this winter through lots of resistance training on my own. My opinion of this boot camp is that it was great, but, I think you could get the same thing at home w/ workout DVDs. It was high intensity interval training, popping really quick from station to station. It played its roll very nicely, though, at getting a non-morning person to fit in a 45 min workout in the morning :)
ReplyDeleteHello Ladies!! I know you are probably tired of hearing it by now but Congratulations Sarah!! You are phenomenal!!!!! I am down 6lbs. this week! I know it is because I have finally committed to be accountable for what I eat and started my workout again after taking a couple of weeks off. That being said I don't think this week will be anything close to that. I tried the bootcamp workout this morning and felt like I was back at basketball tryouts but with no ball!! I kept thinking last chance workout for some reason! I got a good workout and will go again wed/fri but not after that. The weekends are the most difficult for me. I need to think of fun things to do on date night and Saturday family activities that don't involve food. Any suggestions??
ReplyDeleteSarah, you are my hero! Congrats on the major accomplishment. I am down 1 pound, without exercise this last week. I haven't been feeling good so I spent the last week just resting, can't afford to get sick now. I start Jillian Michals 30 day shred this week and I plan on continuing my turbo jam abs as well. I don't have my memembership to the gym anymore so I am on my own at home. Anyone know where I can get some inexpensive weights? walmart? Good luck everyone with the challenge...we can do it!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job ladies! Wow Abrey, 6 lbs! And, Sarah, only 2, really? All that running, your body doesn't know what to do! :) I see some big numbers on the side here from Jeanie, Kristin and Tara too! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm still moving slow due to a pretty crazy chest cold. I did get outside yesterday and work in the yard for hours; maybe that's why I lost 1.4 lbs.! I'm excited for that. It's been really tough for me to get weight off when I have so much trouble just breathing. 1.4 lbs. is amazing for me this week. I'm very excited for the upcoming challenge this week! We can do it!!
2 lbs. 2 lbs. 2 lbs. 2 lbs. !!
Abrey- AMAZING! HOLY SMOKES! You tie w/ Valerie now for the highest Ten in Six weight loss in one week unofficial record :) (I think?) Your body is thanking you for all of your hard work and healthy eating! In response to your quandry, and of course this doesn't really help w/ kids, but I think doing athletic things help me stay on track on the weekends. Go hiking, go do a fun adventure, create your own camera scavenger hunt splitting into two teams and trying to run around the city finding landmarks or goofy statues on a list, play a sport together, go for a bike ride together, YOU climb around on the jungle gym w/ the kiddos or think of fun new games there for them, etc. I'm sure if you google fun family night ideas, you could find tons. Good for you for looking solve a cushy spot in your program! Tara & Meghan- I hope you both feel better soon! It stinks to not be able to breathe well :( Listen to your body and get extra sleep if possible. I can't believe you both still lost! Great job! That'd have been impossible for me! Celebrate the little successes! Working in the yard probably mimics a lot of interval training moves. Lots of bending and twisting and lifting. Way to stay active! Tara- about the gym- my membership just expired at the end of September, too. I have thus far in October been running 4 days a week, which I'll keep up for as long as I can stand the cold. I also checked out the Tae Bo DVDs. I think the TurboJam is awesome- good work. Could you check into local rec programs or park district adult fitness classes? They have a ton here to pick from that meet once a week, like bellydancing, zumba, pilates, kickboxing, etc. They're also usually very inexpensive, which is a plus! :) Or google some free yoga introductory offers or free boot camp introductory offers for your area. This spring I did two different introductory yoga offers at two studios here- mega sweet deal- they let anyone interested check out their studio w/ unlimited classes for very very cheap or free. I am a big fan of mixing things up- I get really bored doing the same thing over and over again. We also have an indoor bike trainer now, so we can set up our bikes on a stand and pedal away w/ all the resistance and gear changes and everything. We got our weights and dumbells on Craig's List, minus a little rubberized 3 lb set I got from Wal-mart. Good luck, ladies! Make it a big week! Thanks for the continued enthusiasm :) You help me so much!
ReplyDeleteWow ladies, what a great first week. I'm excited for this weeks challenge. It helps me to have the accountability. I got out and ran this morning, there was a pretty big mental battle that went on in my head before hand, but the new me won! It was a little run with a lot of walk, but tomorrow will me a little more run.
ReplyDeleteAmy C
Wow! You guys all rock! I'm so proud of all of you!!! I'm down 3 pounds this week!!!! Yippee. I think I've finally gotten over a weight hurdle that I've been hovering at forever!!!! I'm very pleased! Nervous for 2 more pounds this week, but I know we can do it!!!! Come on ladies!!!! (Here are just a few more exclamation points in case you missed the others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :) Anyone else want to join us for the half marathon on the 24th???
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you Amy, that I haven't been purely running for very long! Not too long ago I was walking the majority of the time, so you getting out there is awesome, even if it's mostly walking! Great job!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, everyone!! I'm happy withy my two pound loss - as I did it last week I know I can do it this coming week! I am definitely back in the "zone" where I crave exercise instead of it being a chore that I have to do. I also started eating half an Odwalla bar about 45 minutes before my workouts and then eating the other half afterwards. I cannot believe the difference in engergy that I have - I have been able to run further and longer this week than ever before!
ReplyDeleteI CAN'T BELIVE THE BIG #S THIS WEEK! THIS IS AWESOME! 3 lbs, Nicki?! Whoa! Good work! I am so happy for you that not only did you break through your "wall" in this marathon of fitness, but you blasted through it w/ DYNAMITE!!!!!!! And your abundance of exclamation points makes me giddy w/ excitement for your successes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe. Do you feel like you're "in the zone" like Kristin describes and your body is craving a good workout/run? I think I've just recently gotten to that point and I LOVE IT! I think it's a subtle "runners high." Amy C.- you're doing great! I'm glad that the healthy you won out in the debate within your head this morning ;) We all have days like that. What's awesome is that you got out there and worked out! Phenomenal!!!! And if Hal Higdon can help me do a marathon, he can help you do your sprint triathalon next year! I have a feeling pretty soon I'm going to be buying a "running girl" magnet for YOUR car :) Valerie is awesome to ask questions to if you ever have any ;) hehe Kristin- I've seen the Odwalla juices at Target, but never the bars. I'll have to check them out. What's your fav flavor & where can I find them? Nice work on the 2 lbs! Abrey- I forgot to say- yes, the boot camp this morning was like being back on an athletic team! I'll bet since you love athletics so much, that was a great workout that took you back in time :) Even though we were at different locations, I'm so glad we got to work out together!! And I'm definitely not continuing in the boot camp b/c it's ridiculously priced, but it'll be a great week of it to jump start me into more core & upper body work.
ReplyDeleteWell, I need to do my weigh in tomorrow, because I don't have a scale! Ah! So I will check in tomorrow. I actually did weigh at my mom's house, but it said I gained 3 pounds, so I know that's wrong! I thought I did good this week! So I will let you all know where I am at tomorrow! Gonna go buy a scale tonight!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB TO EVERYONE!!!! You are all doing great! I hope I can add to the victory!
Ok! I got me a new scale and I lost 1 pound! I was hoping for 2 but I will take 1!! This challenge is going to really make me accountable! I did weight watchers until I ran out of money, and I love it, but I weighed in on Saturdays and then I would be 'bad' until mondays! With weighing in on Monday's, I will want to do better on the weekends. Weekends are REALLY hard for me... hubby home, family gatherings, parties, and whatever... but I think I can do it! Again, good job everyone!
ReplyDeleteSame weight as last week for me. I am happy with that. My primary goal for this challenge is toning and muscle-building. My expectation is that if I am successful at building muscle and have some modest weight loss, I'll see the same number on the scale through this six weeks. And that is okay. Hopefully I'll see some measurements decrease in the waist and hips.
ReplyDeleteCongrats everyone on having an awesome, successful first week!!!!!