10/23/09
FRIIIIIDAY!
Horray! It's friday! The 10 girls who won the little prize for their awesome accomplishments last week will each get this "Challenge Your Excuses" motto in white vinyl lettering, 1.25" high and 6" wide, which you rub on and it transfers to any surface, but I was thinking right on your bathroom mirror, where you can see it every day and be proud that you're winning the battle against yourself, the battle against your excuse-making, the battle of the consious vs. the subconsious, the battle of your old self vs new self. Celebrate that your new, real self is emerging every day! Amy F runs her own vinyl lettering business and she is amazing :) Amy's making them this weekend and so I hope to get them in the mail to you or drop them off to you next week!
Also a reason for a good "Horray" is Nicki is running in her first race tomorrow, a half marathon! Everyone cheer her on! I got this quote emailed to me from Runner's World Daily Kick in the Butt: "Spirit has fifty times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle." - Anonymous. I love that! And it's so true! Nicki, keep your spirits and excitement high, soak up the energy of the race atmosphere, and love yourself for having worked so hard to get there! You'll do great. I just hope I can keep up with you and Valerie!
Last night I started two little workout programs, the 100 pushups challenge and the 200 situps challenge. I did the initial test for each and I'm going to start the first week of the 6 week programs next monday. You can do it on the website for free or download the iPhone app for 99 cents. I did the app. I am SO looking forward to developing upper body and core strength over the next 6 weeks! Anyone want to try it with me? Following some kind of a schedule really helps me stick to a program of working out, ie training for a race.
Amy C., have fun on vacation this weekend! Make your decisions ahead of time for what you will and will not do, then like Sarah F. said, remember that you're there to relax, enjoy the company, and soak in the sights. I wish I was going :) I have a work party tonight and so I'm practicing my resolve right now...hope I can resist a binge! I'm going to just stick w/ lean meat and veggies, as many veggies as I want :) Michele, Jessie, Kim, Tara, & Jeanie- we'd love to hear from you! Miss you tons & hope you're rocking your goals' worlds. Have a tremendous weekend, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


































Have an awesome weekend and get in some good long rejuvenating workouts :)
ReplyDeleteYeah it is Friday!! Nicki, Val, and Sarah you are amazing!!! You are all going to do just great. Just keep your goals for front in your mind so when you want to stop you will have the motivation to persevere. You all must wear the metals on Sunday! I hit the gym extra long today since I am going up to the dells and will be eating out. I am hoping I will be able to also hit the fitness center saturday morning also. thank you all so much for your support I am starting to feel the difference in my clothing!!! Keep all the hard work everyone!!
ReplyDeleteSo all of the butterflies in my stomach just hit me like a TON of bricks just now as I read that post! Yikes!! Thanks soooooo much for supporting me everyone! So when I was "considering" the half marathon, Sarah printed me up a schedule with what I needed to do everyday in order to be ready for this one tomorrow. How could I not do it after she went to all that work? :) I'd like to join you on the sit-up and push-up challenge Sarah, I haven't wanted to think about anything else until after tomorrow, so starting next week would be great! The dumb H1N1 our family has been dealing with really has hit my spirits, but I definitely agree with yesterdays post about us making the decisions in our head no matter what external things are going on in our lives. Challenge our Excuses!!!!!!! I will forever think of this blog whenever I hear that phrase from now on! :) I'm so proud of all of you for just being on this blog, reading daily, posting, eating better, exercising, and just encouraging each other on. Such a fabulous group! Those of you that don't post often, know that we're all thinking of you and hope we can help in some way! Find your inner strength and have a fabulous weekend ladies!!! Oh, Abrey, I'm teaching R.S. on Sunday so I might get some funny looks if I wear the medal! :)
ReplyDeleteSo I am very new to this group and this is my very first post. I am still trying to catch up on the last few weeks reading all of your posts and trying to get to know each of you better. I am so impressed with all of your positive attitudes and the cheering on that you do for one another. I truly feel like you guys are like a little family and will be there for each other thru the ups and the downs. I have had a lot of downs lately and so I am feeding off of your energy and hoping that one day I can be where you all are and be able to give back. But I do want to say how proud I am of Sarah, Valerie and especially Nicki of this wonderful goal you have set for yourselves! You all will do great and if you feel like you can't go anymore just reach down deep within yourselves and remember why you are doing this and that we are all here cheering you on! One of my favorite sayings is "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it!" Go get em ladies and thanks for letting me be apart of your family! Hope you all have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLet's do it!!! I'm up for the challenge. I have actually spent 95% of my workouts this week on abs. This is a goal of mine before we leave for Cancun and I buy some much needed new clothes!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck ladies!!!!
oh almost forgot....GOOD LUCK NICKI!!!! What a huge accomplishment!!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to share how I "challenged my excuses" this morning. (sorry for the repeat FB users :)
ReplyDeleteI woke up last night coughing again and had to leave the bedroom and head for the couch so my husband could get some sleep. I was feeling so down about it b/c it seems like I've been sick for sooooo long. Then, I read about Nicole's race tomorrow and thought, "If Nicci is running a half coming off h1n1, then I can surely get on my elliptical for a bit and cheer up!" Thanks for the inspiration!
Have a great weekend everyone! I'm so excited for my letters to come! Awesome idea Sarah!
Good Luck Nicki!!! You can do it! I'm up for the challenge, I'll totally download it on my iphone! Keep up the awesome work girls!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you guys all rock! I've already started to cry thinking about all of this support from everyone. Yeah, I'm a little emotional today too, go figure! :) Thank you thank you! Valerie and Sarah, good luck too, although I know you can probably do this half in your sleep! :) You two are awesome! Have a fabulous weekend everyone! "Challenge your excuses!"
ReplyDeleteHi ladies! I didn't check in yesterday, but my 'feel the burn' was I took my almost 7 year old son with me to the indoor track at the YMCA and he ran/walked with me! He has a lot of energy, so he wanted to race... he won, but it felt good and I was actually smiling racing him!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know the 'Challenge Your Excuses' vinyl were going to be for all of us, so it is extra fun to make them for you all! I love that quote, and to have it up in my house where I'll see it everyday will be GREAT! Maybe I'll put mine on my fridge.
I need to read up on the push up/ sit up challenge... I'm not good at either, but I was thinking about starting weights next week. The problem is, I'm not sure what to do! ;) Lately I feel that the hunger is getting more to me than I want it to - now that I'm exercising 5 days a week again, I feel so hungry at night. But I did do the drink a full glass of water thing last night and that seemed to work.
Nicki, AWESOME! You are very inspiring... I'd like to run at least a 5K, so good luck and I know you'll do great! Thanks Sarah for being so supportive! After being on FB last night, I didn't go eat anymore cookies! AND, today I wrapped them up ready to give out at Halloween goodies for my neighbors! Thanks!
Nicki, I am so proud of you, no matter how it goes tomorrow. You are going to be awesome in the half marathon. Just think about your kids making the "Go Mom" t-shirts for you last month, the time and care that they put into the shirts, and now the day has come!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME POSITIVITY in today's posts!! :D Thanks, everyone!
I am in for the push-ups and sit-ups challenges!! (My mind is saying, okay on the sit-ups, scary on the push-ups...so it's going to be a fantastic goal to reach!)
I'm catching up on posts from the last few days! Nicki, congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you and impressed by what you have accomplished. I'm so sorry you guys have been sick.
ReplyDeleteI'm super excited about the prize!! Thank you Sarah and Amy F. I'm going to check out the the app for the pushup/situp challenge. I'll be starting with the website though, my phone had a tragedy with a bottle of soda and my purse friday morning. I'm getting a refurb 2nd gen iphone for $50 in the mail this week. Sarah, I'll be able to get photo text now!!! I will be participating in this challenge.