10/19/09
Monday Check-In
End of Week 2, Beginning of Week 3
How are you doing?!
Share w/ us your updates- how much you're up or down- changes you've noticed- encouragement & love for us to make this coming week stellar! I could use a little extra positive energy so share away all your successes and joys PLEASE :)
Next Monday will be the half way point in our challenge, our measurement day, and the start of the next side-challenge (which will be much more lighthearted, positive, and easy than this last one- sorry if this week was high pressure, gals- not the best idea for a side-challenge!).
How are you doing?!
Share w/ us your updates- how much you're up or down- changes you've noticed- encouragement & love for us to make this coming week stellar! I could use a little extra positive energy so share away all your successes and joys PLEASE :)
Next Monday will be the half way point in our challenge, our measurement day, and the start of the next side-challenge (which will be much more lighthearted, positive, and easy than this last one- sorry if this week was high pressure, gals- not the best idea for a side-challenge!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































I am not reporting today. Let's just say this week will rock last week's world! I don't know how you ladies all do it monthly! You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteForgot- I wanted to pass along this quote from the Runner's World quote email I get. I thought it was awesome!
ReplyDelete"Everything changed the day I understood that if I was to become a runner, I would have to run with the body I had."
-John Bingham, "The Courage to Start"
I love that!
I think my scale might be broken...it says I lost 3 pounds this week...however, my butt feels like it looks like a giant balloon...if that makes sense! I am feeling giant and ultra disgusting these last few days, thank you mother nature. How did everyone else do?
ReplyDeleteDown 2 lbs, after being at the same weight for four Mondays (Sep21-Oct12). I'm excited to see myself holding steady and maintaining the progress made in our Aug-Sep challenge. :)
ReplyDeleteI confess I did no workouts last week: my husband caught a cold, I was run-down fighting it off and slept a lot. I am rested up now and feeling great at the start of a new week and ready to "get back in there" with you all! I hope you get a chance to enjoy this nicer weather the next couple days. I am looking forward to some outdoor exercise!!
Yeah, not a great week for me, sorry ladies! Life got in the way and I basically didn't stay focused. Today IS a new day though, so here I go again! :) Great job Sara F! I'm so proud you're keeping it off! Tara even if you really think your scale is broken, I'd take the 3 pounds and go with it! :) Mother nature is wonderful isn't it? :) Sarah, I love that quote! Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteI did it! I'm so excited and I can't believe it, but I lost 2 lbs. this week! It shows me how important what we eat really is. I only worked out 2 times last week, but I ate well. I'm very happy with the results! I'm also feeling much better and will be working out even more this week. I'm so close to my goal weight, can't stop now!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Sarah F. and Tara! Sarah and Nicole, hang in there. Love the runners quote, that's so true!
I lost 3 pounds this week! Yeah! Even though I munched on treats during 'The Biggest Loser', I managed to pull it off! I'm excited about that! I'm glad I'm getting back into the swing of exercising... I do sleep much better! and I feel better during the day! So, good job everyone!
ReplyDeleteI lost 3 lbs!!! I was so frustrated about not losing weight for so long. Finally the numbers are starting to change. This is motivating. Thanks for doing this Sarah.
ReplyDeleteGreat job everyone!!! You can add my two pounds onto the total! I had a very emotional week and would have like to see the number on the scole more but will take the two. I loved the nicer weather today and took advantage of it. Love being outside! Thanks Sarah for putting this together for us!
ReplyDeleteSo, Friday logged my weight because night shift messes with my fluid balance, and I never seem to have a true "low". I had lost 3 pounds!!! I did weigh this afternoon when I got up and I was still down 2 pounds, even though my toes feel like sausages!
ReplyDeleteIt's a new week ladies! I hope those of you that had not such a good week last week have a better one, and the rest of us keep moving foward.
Sarah, I think mother nature is giving you a more challenging time than some of the rest of use experience. At least it doesn't usually last more than a few days.
I've got a busy week coming up. I'll be staying at hotels 2 nights and hangn' with the fam at the Kalahari waterpark/funpark. I'm looking forward the treadmill at the hotels, but a bit concerned about the food!
I was down exactly 2 pounds this week, too! I was pretty happy with that. Since the beginning of the last challenge (late August) to now, I have definitley noticed some changes - including my pants fitting much looser and needing to tighten the belt. Also, I started dating this guy last weekend (he's fantastic!) so I have had the added challenge of fitting him (and dinners out) into my healthy lifestyle (i.e. eating right and finding time for the gym). In the past, dating and new relationships were always disasterous for my weight, but I am determined to maintain my healthy habits even while dating!!
ReplyDeleteYes, Tara, take that 3 and run w/ it! Woohoo! And Sarah F. & Abrey, I am LOVING this warmer week and outdoor workouts the past two days. Amy F, I am so happy you're noticing more energy during the day and deeper sleep at night! When I'm really rocking the healthy eating and working out, I feel that- like right now! I have slept really well the last two nights b/c of my workouts. Sarah F. & Val, I am glad that you're seeing the big results of your hard work and dedication! Abrey- nice work! I am so impressed! You've had big #s each week!!! Are you noticing any energy differences or clothes fitting differently? Can anyone offer Amy C. some tips for sticking to your program while on vacation, out of your element, and with family? I am impressed you've already got plans to use the hotel treadmill- good for you! Kristin- congratulations on the new romantic flame in your life- how exciting! Can you email me tips you've developed for eating out at restaurants and still keeping calories low? I'll use it for a day's post ;) So w/ me & Nicki bowing out b/c of mother nature, this means that EVERYONE who reported SUCCEEDED in this past week's side-challenge! WOOOHOOOOO! I am going to mail these people a little surprise in the mail :)
ReplyDeleteTara: 3
Sarah F: 2
Meghan: 2
Amy F: 3
Valerie: 3
Abrey: 2
Amy C: 3
Kristin: 2
Amy C. & Kristin, email me your address :)
Concerning "taking your diet on vacation":
ReplyDeletewhen we spent the Labor Day weekend at the cottage with our family, I tried to keep my portions small. That seemed like a better strategy than skipping desserts, which would have been noticed and elicited some hassling. Also, I bought myself some yogurt to eat in the afternoons. No one was going to say, hey why are you having yogurt when we're having chips to tide us over to dinner. Whereas if I had said no s'mores by the campfire, there would have been, you're on vacation you should have dessert.
As for me being my problem (lack of will-power), I could say, chips? big whoop! I'm in a group of awesome women who are pulling for me to make the healthy choice. I'm going to enjoy looser-fitting clothes more than these chips. Although food is tempting, it's not the main attraction of this vacation: I'm here for the family, relaxation, sights, etc. Basically whatever works for you to convince yourself!
Good luck, Amy C!
Hey,
ReplyDeleteSorry I was having computer problems over the last few days but it is finally fixed!!!!! Woot. So I happily can say that I lost 2.2 lbs this week. I actually had someone compliment me today asking if I was working out and losing weight! Yay! Between that and my new haircut I am feeling great.
Good tips, Sarah F! And WOOHOO, congrats on the great weight loss this past week, Shanda! I'll add you to the prize list... I can feel your excitement and anticipation, ladies :) Hehehehe
ReplyDeleteSorry girls I have been MIA just wanted to say I lost 3 pounds as well. I was shocked. I thought my scale was broken as well. I dont feel lighter nothing fits yet not even my wedding ring. poo
ReplyDelete