9/8/09

Check-in :)


Hey, ladies! How did the last weeek go? Let us know your ups or downs. This marks the halfway point in the challenge. Re-commit yourself today to making the second half of the challenge just as successful or more successful than the first half :) If you're behind on your goal, it's not too late to push it and hit it! Come up with a gameplan for this week. What meals will you prepare? When and what will you do for workouts? What daily chores or activities can you do to bring on the sweat? What will you do to maintain a mood that enables you to believe in yourself?


Also today is the start of the second side challenge that will run until Friday. Here we go: Come up a personal workout or success mantra. It can be an inspirational quote you really like, a funny saying that lightens your day, or anything that you would consider your theme for this challenge. Put this on a workout T-shirt for yourself. Take a picture of it and email it to me by end of the day Friday. You can pick up a blank bright-colored tee at Michael's, JoAnn's, or Wal-mart for $2 and you can write on your saying w/ fabric paint, Sharpie marker, or iron on letters. Really just do whatever you want. You'll be on your honor to not re-use a T-shirt you had made previously for something else. This idea comes from Valerie and Jamie, who always make such fun running shirts :) Everyone's shirt will be so different, but it will be fun to see them all on here when I post the pictures. After Friday, I'll put a poll on the blog here and everyone will vote anonymously for their favorite, and that person will win a prize. You'll be inspired and laugh looking at all the T-shirts, you'll have your own mantra on your T-shirt to motivate you when you work out, and you'll read through a lot of motivational and inspiration material as you find the right mantra for you and your goals, which in and of itself should be uplifting. I am excited for this challenge :) Have fun with it! Make T-shirts with your kids as a fun craft project :)

10 comments:

  1. Same weight as last week- no change. I'm sure it'll all come off and then some this week so I'm not too worried about it. Being back to routine is a good thing! In measurements (since the beginning of the challenge), I'm the same for a lot of them, but this morning I was down an inch in my waist and down an inch in my thigh. Yay! Can't wait to hear how the rest of you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am passing this weeks weigh in and measuring! I already feel icky and bloated from PMSing. Plus I've been facing a lot of stress over this weekend and while I did pretty well I still gave in a little more than I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I weighed myself last night and I had gained 1 pound! I was devastated. Then I measured myself and had lost inches in waist, hips and neck! (I wasn't sure why Fitness Pal had me measure my neck, but apparently you lose inches there) So I'm very happy to see that I really am making some progress. I'm excited for the t-shirts! I'm all about crafting these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very tentatively hopped on the scale this morning and was just relieved to see I hadn't gained any pounds! :). Crazy week! Looking forward to getting back on track and making a fun t-shirt! Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up 2 lbs. Oops. Still feel great. I wasn't very good about what I ate this weekend. Here I go again on watching what I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost maybe a pound. My weight really changes by a lot everyday. However the average is definately going down.

    I didn't measure to begin with (I was afraid to measure, the shocking number on the scale was bad enough) But a pair of pre-pregnancy pants finally fit, albeit tightly. I find that fruit is my weight loss friend. It tastes great, full of vitamins, and low calorie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am down 2 more pounds!! Which is surprising because I enjoyed my self this weekend and had lots of yummy food BUT I noticed today that my pants are falling off of me and I think I may need to get another pair. Question for you ladies...I have no prob eating healty, I actually could fill my plate with just veggies for dinner BUT my husband sucks! I have a really hard time getting him to eat his fruits and veggies and when he makes dinner...most of the time it includes a big huck of meat....HELP HELP HELP..I need to get him eating better. I have even thought about reslting to getting that cookbook where you hide fruits and veggies in the food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This weekend was very busy! On Friday I had a big dinner out with family (but I kept it light with a grilled octopus appetizer and a barramundi entre) and then on Saturday might cousins had an all-American cookout with bbq ribs, sweet corn, taters, and baked beans - plus there was birthday cake! So I was excited to see that the scale didn't go up when I weighed in this morning! On Saturday I went with my future sister-in-law to look at / try-on bridesmaid dresses (wedding is not until July) so I definitely have my motivation!!! Good job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey ladies! By some miracle I managed to lose 1 lb this week. I'm happy with it, considering I didn't work out all week. :( I ended up with a terrible cold. So looking forward to getting it back together this week. The tshirt challenge sounds fun! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Good luck this week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, nice job, girls! I'm impressed that some of you still managed to lose during a holiday week! I hope you feel better soon, Michele! Being sick is rough- especially when it's sunny and warm. We need to go shake it to some Zumba again, soon :) Sounds like the consensus is that we all had a fun and maybe lil' bit indulgent weekend and are ready to kick the booty off of the rest of this challenge! Val & Tara, horray for looser jeans :) Jessie, fantastic job on losing the inches! You're probably building so much lean muscle with your dilligent morning workouts. Kristin, you are going to be one smokin' hot and healthy bridesmaid :) All of you are doing such a great job. Tara, I would suggest just keep leading by example on the fresh veggie eating, and by not nagging, he'll change when he's ready to. He'll eventually find a veggie that he enjoys I'm sure. I don't enjoy lettuce or carrots, but I love broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, zucchinni, tomatoes, artichoke, asparagus, etc. I love sitting down to a big plate of those veggies, but salad is pretty "eh" to me. Perhaps his working on portion control of his meaty un-veggie foods will be a good start. Just make sure he has access to a good multi-vitamin and I'm sure the rest will come when he's ready. As all of us ladies know all too well from our own experiences and those of our girlfriends we try to encourage, nobody can lose weight or change any aspect of their life for the healthier until they're good and ready and have decided to do whatever it takes to make the improvement.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.