
Do you ladies have fun plans for this weekend? We're headed out of town for a 6.5 hour car trip each direction to Ohio & so my mind is whirling with all the "to-do" list things. One of them is packing a little soft-sided cooler w/ plenty of water and healthy snacks for the trip so I'm not a gas station monger. I will probably over-pack the cooler so that I will always have healthy options on hand while we're visiting family all weekend. I am also going to be doing my longest run ever (gulp!)this Saturday on a neat railroad-to-trail trail I found that's right by their town. Here are my goodies I'll be packing: Water, Powerade Zero, Clif Mini Bars (100 cal each), kosher dill pickles (5-10 cal each), whole wheat pita chips (130 cal for 13 chips), Laughing Cow babybel bonbel cheese rounds (60 cal each), Orbitz Bubblemint Sugarfree gum, & Emerald cocoa roast almonds (100 cal per ounce divided up in little snack-size Ziploc bags), & fresh cut pineapple (74 cal per 1 cup).
I found this neat, particularly the recommendation to pack your workout gear and what fast food meals are decent: How to Take Your Diet on Vacation
What are your tricks & tips for keeping up your diet and workout routine while out of your element and on vacation? What about even if that trip is just an hour away to visit your parents in Milwaukee? (SPOTLIGHT! hehehe....)






























Oh, also wanted to add, because Monday is a holiday and I won't be near my Wii Fit to weigh in, we'll be doing the normal check-in on TUESDAY and we'll be MEASURING! Obviously you don't share the actual measurements with everyone on here, but please be ready to share with us what measurements are down & by how much! It'll be our halfway point. It will also be the start of Side Challenge #2 :)
ReplyDeleteReminder- be positive and uplifting if you post!
We're on vacation, too! :D We drove over to my in-laws in Michigan last night and will be heading up north to a cottage with my parents this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteMy mom and I made the meal plan for the weekend to include LOTS of raw fruits and vegs (I bought some local Michigan peaches at the farmers' market this morning--yum). We'll be doing big breakfasts (eggs/bacon, pancakes/sausage), no lunch, grilled meat & various vegs for dinner, then there will be an ice cream cone at the beach, marshmallows & hoagie pies on the campfire. My plan is to keep reasonable portions and make choices like a small scoop of potato salad and a large scoop of watermelon. I've got yogurt, granola bars and fruit for an afternoon snack so I don't eat more at dinner. That said, I'm planning to eat as much as I want of the campfire treats b/c they're a once-a-year special thing.
I'm looking forward to long walks on the sandy Lake Michigan beach and we've got my in-laws' kayaks. :)
We're coming home Tuesday evening so I'm going to do my check-in on Wed morning. Hope you all have a great weekend!
We're also headed to the in-laws this weekend. I have yet to eat a meal there that is not fast food, so we'll see how it goes! I'll have to run to the grocery store when we get there. Good luck ladies! Have a fabulous weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are staying home, but I need to get a bit more serious about my diet. It was difficult to diet and keep up with everything -my extended fmaily was just here for a couple of weeks. I needed all of my will power to be patient with my relatives.
ReplyDeleteIT was too difficult to be nice to them while running a calorie deficit. which brings me to another topic.......
Will power burns calories. So if you have to listen to uncle Joe tell you about his 'research' about Obama's birth certificate or Aunt lily's advice on how to lose weight, just remember, you are burning calories by resisting the urge to be mean.
Hello ladies! I'm not traveling this holiday but I've got some good tips for eating out away from home or on the road. Subway is a fantastic place to load up on fresh veggies when you don't feel like another salad. If you do want that salad, McD's is a great choice for some yummy salads with a yogurt parfait for dessert! Have great weekends everyone take care of those bodies! We're doing great!
ReplyDeleteI agree, Meghan, we're all doing great and I hope you all are having a great weekend! Keep up the intensity and re-dedicate yourself to the challenge tomorrow morning! :)
ReplyDelete