9/10/09

Feel the Burn Thursday

What workouts have you done this week and what do you have planned for the weekend? How are you going to break a sweat and feel the burn? :)



I thought this article was awesome. It's right along the lines of what we're doing! Losing weight slowly, making sure it's a lifestyle change not a fad, and having an awesome support group of fellow 10-in-6-ers :) I am so grateful for all of you.
Lose Pounds Slowly
What do you guys think of the article? Keep on trucking, ladies! The slow, steady weight loss and lifestyle changes are paying off and they'll continue to do so as you better yourself :)

6 comments:

  1. On Monday evening I ran up & down the sand dunes and along the beach playing w/ my dog. Tuesday evening I ran 5 miles. Last night I ran 9 miles and then went on a 10 mile leisurely bike ride later on that evening w/ my YW (girls aged 12-18) from church. I am going to try and dig up my rollerblades tonight that I haven't touched in 7 years and see if I can still remember how to do it- hoping to go to the paved bike path for a spin. Friday I'll rest. Saturday I'll run about 15. Sunday I'll walk and Zumba. Valerie- how are you liking your new medicine ball? I'm thinking of buying one for post-run ab work at home...since I still haven't gotten that goal started. Laura- how's swimming? I really want to go give that a whirl, too- maybe next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on Turbo Jams ab routine and boy let me tell you, I can feel AND see the results. I also went to my step sculpt class and was very proud of myself because I was really tired and didn't want to go but I did and I pushed myself harder. Tonight is relaxation night, I am getting a massage after work and I don't really like to workout after because my body is so relaxed. I plan on getting a run (haven't done that in about a year!) or a bike ride on Friday and Saturday. Good luck girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still been trying to get a leg injury under control so my running has been postponed a bit. Honestly it's been a bit depressing, but I'm getting over it. :) I've just been walking and I plan on biking the rest of the week. I really need to stay positive and you guys are really pulling me through that! Thanks! Great job everyone! Sarah, 8 pounds?!! That's so fabulous!!! I love hearing how you're all doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the article. My favorite part was the last point made: keep motivation high. Like most people, I've tried to lose weight before and I notice that finding ways to consciously stay motivated really help. This blog is a perfect example. I'm excited to see the t-shirts everyone makes and to wear mine when I'm working my body! Everyone keep your chins up and remember, every day is a new chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did Tae-bo earlier this week and finally kicked it up a notch to the ADVANCED. Holy moly my legs are sore. So I plan to do that tomorrow. I also finally put a baby seat on my bike, so Maddie and I will be feeling the wind hit our faces (assuming she wears her new baby helmet my husband insists on).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good reminder, Meghan! Everyone make your shirts tonight or tomorrow! Remember it can be a simple as Sharpie on a T-shirt :) Email me the pic of it when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.