8/21/09
Weekend Motivation
Try to be good this weekend and check-in is on Monday morning, along with the first one-week side challenge starting up :) Maybe a little reminder of why we're doing what we're doing will help us all have a tremendously successful weekend full of long sweat sessions and fresh wholesome foods :) Your motivation and enthusiasm has contagiously bouyed me up. Thank you all for participating in the first week of the challenge. Your beautiful bodies thank you, too!
Why do you want to lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks?
For me, I want to lose weight to feel sexier and more confident. Yes, you can argue that's a state of mind, just a decision that you make, but for me, when I look great I feel great, and when I feel great, I feel confident, and when I feel confident, I feel sexy & powerful & like nothing in the world can stop me ;) I might be addicted to the "high" of losing a pound. But I think that's a pretty sweet "high" to have! Another lesser side reason for me to lose weight is to become the healthiest vessel possible for a future baby (sometime in the next few years). I want unhealhty habits kicked to the curb long before that time happens and I want to be physically fit.
Why do you want to lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks?
For me, I want to lose weight to feel sexier and more confident. Yes, you can argue that's a state of mind, just a decision that you make, but for me, when I look great I feel great, and when I feel great, I feel confident, and when I feel confident, I feel sexy & powerful & like nothing in the world can stop me ;) I might be addicted to the "high" of losing a pound. But I think that's a pretty sweet "high" to have! Another lesser side reason for me to lose weight is to become the healthiest vessel possible for a future baby (sometime in the next few years). I want unhealhty habits kicked to the curb long before that time happens and I want to be physically fit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























I've gained about 5 lb over the 3 yrs we've been married so I set my goal on MFP to lose 5 lb. But I'm more concerned about my habit of de-prioritizing exercise, so I was looking for the encouragement and accountibility of a support group to re-program my brain. Hopefully I'll make some permanent habits in these six weeks, which is why I'm trying not to do anything that I know I can't sustain.
ReplyDeleteMy other reason is the collection of dress pants, cute capris and skirts on the far right of my closet that I don't feel comfortable wearing...and the way the back of my thighs look in shorts. If I lose 0 lb or even gain weight due to building muscle and look more toned, I will be very happy.
So since having kids I've not only gained weight but have acquired some extra health problems as well. I need to lose this weight so I can feel better in my own skin again! I of course want to look better, but it's more important that I feel better. My kids are at young enough ages that the things my husband and I do now will have a huge impact on how they feel towards a healthy lifestyle. We don't want to lose this window of opportunity! It's never too late to start, but it's just the right time for us now! :) My husband is doing fine, it's me that needs to find more time to focus on achieving my goals. I'm also the organizer of a Biggest Loser contest with my family and need to stay motivated to keep them motivated. Unfortunately not many of them are motivated right now so I'm here with you guys to get the daily encouragement I need. I've been posting a lot of your own links and advice as well, so thanks to all of you for helping me! I would be ecstatic to lose 10 pounds this 6 weeks, but I'm also going to be THRILLED when I lose 6 pounds to get me out of the 160's!!! 150's here I come!!!!!!! (and then some of course) :) I'm really enjoying all of your comments, it is helping me a lot!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm really just trying to stay at my weight. I know that doesn't sound too hard, but ugh it is!
ReplyDeleteSo you're probably wondering "why is she here?" I might be my proper weight, but I am really not that healthy at all. My eating habits are sporadic at best and my exercise habits even worse. I have really hampered down on what I'm eating over the last 6 months and lost the last 15 lbs off of my pregnancy after having my youngest, Leilani. That last 15 is really hard to lose! So I weigh about 150 and am 5'10". I'm in the same size I was before I had my first baby, but I'm still far from in shape.
So my aim, exercise more regularly and get toned. And continue to eat healthily! Good luck ladies!
Losing 10 pounds is purely a vain goal of mine. I miss my playing-sports-daily body, and would like to get in the habit of exercising at least 3 times a week. Why is it that all the "good" things in life are hard to do? Eat healthy foods, exercise, read educational books, shower...okay the last one isn't too bad. Let's overcome our weaknesses and show our body that our mind means business!
ReplyDeleteMy motivation to lose ten pounds in the next six weeks is that when I am eating right and exercising regularly is when I feel the strongest, healthiest and most confident. I objectively have 20-30 pounds to lose, and I can't lose the last pound until I lose the first one! Also, I am starting my third year of law school on Monday and beginning the new semester with good eating and exercise habbits will also reinforce good study habbits for me. I need to remember that in my life, I need to put myself and my education on the front burner and everything else, while important (especially friends and family!), can't come before my own health and study committments. (I really hope that doesn't sound incredibly selfish.)
ReplyDeleteAlso along the lines of motivation, I subsribe to Shape, Self and Women's Health magazines. I love getting home from a long day and finding of those waiting for me in my mailbox! Yesterday Self Magazine arrived (with Kelly Clarkson on the cover) and there is a great article about the best foods to buy and staples to have in your pantry. If you don't subsribe already, pick this issue up!
Have a health weekend, everyone! :)
I gained a lot with the last pregnancy and I hate being obese. I used to run a 4hr marathon and I want to do that and more again. I have 40lbs to go. It will be a long process and it is difficult to stay motivated, especially when I don't see results right away. This blog has made me feel better already.
ReplyDeleteMy mom just asked me if I tried any recipes from Aug09 GH. I haven't even looked at the last three issues. Anyway, there's an article called Weekend Diet--fits right in to today's topic--with some yummy looking recipes (oatmeal pancakes? a marriage of my two favs!)
ReplyDeletewww.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet/weekend-diet-plan
I see that several of you share my attitude: it's "selfish" to use time for exercise. Thanks to Sarah for leading this encouraging blog, and thanks to each of you for your commitment to making a positive change. Our pastor recently said, Don't curse the darkness, light a candle. I think we're each lighting a candle for ourself and for each other.
P.S. I hate showering, too!
I want to lose 10 lbs. in 6 weeks because I want to look and feel better (especially look)! I think most of us women have issues with the being "selfish" thing. I've got news for all of us: taking care of ourselves is NOT being selfish. In fact, it's the opposite. We all know that we can care for those we love better if we have cared for ourselves first. So, be selfish! -in that good sort of selfish way. :)
ReplyDelete