8/6/10

Feel Good Friday

Hey, all!  :)
It's FRIDAY!!! YAY! 
Today I wanted to bring back to all of our awarenesses the fact that this challenge you're participating in is a lifestyle change and not a fad diet, that it's not a deprivation diet filled with rules that causes binges, but it's a realistic, slow change for better health, & that we should only put things on ourselves that are maintainable and realistic.  Does that make sense?  It's not going to be achievable if I say I will never eat another piece of chocolate.  What's more important is LEARNING portion control, LEARNING how exercise counteracts calories consumed, LEARNING to enjoy things in moderation, LEARNING when your body is really hungry and when you're just eating socially or emotionally, LEARNING to interpret what those cravings mean, LEARNING to live life feeling satisfied and fulfilled and with a happy tummy, LEARNING to make steady progress and consistent healthy lifestyle choices instead of living on a rollercoaster.  Can you beautiful ladies share any experiences or thoughts you have on that subject?  I'd LOVE to hear :) Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Sarah! Today I'm with extended family and I read the post just as I was feeling like not trying today. I feel pumped up again to keep working on those lifelong changes.

    Way to go, Marianne! That really makes me excited when people achieve their final goal!!! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized something yesterday as I was biking with my family through Mt. Horeb: My kids are complaining less and less about doing active things. Yesterday was the first time they actually asked to ride bikes and neither Ben nor Em whined once over any of the hills. I came to the conclusion that we've reached that point where they are used to me saying, "Let's go to the park and hike the trails!", "Let's go ride our bikes to the library!" "Who wants to join me on my run?!". I don't get complaints as often anymore about being tired and "I can't go any furthur!" b/c they are getting stronger and building endurance just like I have! (or, maybe it's just b/c they know I'll get on them if I hear too much complaining :)

    It's good to finally feel like the kind of active family I've always wanted to be a part of.

    PS - I still eat chocolate every day! -just not as much and I am a LOT more active than I used to be. We can have our cake and eat it too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.