8/2/10
Monday Morning Check-In: Day One
Good morning, girls!
I'm excited for a fresh start here!
Please check in, let us know your goals for this challenge, and what your game plan is going to be. Offer encouragement to one another. LeT's GeT rEaDy To RuMbLe!!!! :)
For me, weigh-in this morning was humbling. This challenge I'd like to lose 10 lbs to get me to my lightest. I am looking forward to returning to intentional, deliberate, nutrititious, well-balanced eating of high-octane foods. My game plan is to not freak out or get overwhelmed at the enormity of it, but to take each pound by the horns, challenge it, conquer it, and then and only then look at the next pound. I will glory in the mini-successes. I'm doing this for me, because I'm the only person who can change me and make healthy choices second nature instead of a deprivation. I'm the only person who can change my attitude, who can buckle down in determination, and who can internalize my goals and dreams into outward actions. Oh, and I'm gonna drink more water :) Reward will be a new pair of running shoes (I've been cruising 10 months on these puppies).
Remember that weight loss goals, as with all goals, are extremely personal and we will only see success if you've set the goal for yourself- you can't use goals others have set for you- it must come from internal desires, dreams, and determination or it won't happen.
I can't wait to hear your goals, motivation behind your goals, & what your rewards are going to be! Please share!
Don't forget to enter your starting weight and your starting body measurements in your MFP profile so that you'll have something to gauge your progress by during this challenge!
I'm excited for a fresh start here!
Please check in, let us know your goals for this challenge, and what your game plan is going to be. Offer encouragement to one another. LeT's GeT rEaDy To RuMbLe!!!! :)
For me, weigh-in this morning was humbling. This challenge I'd like to lose 10 lbs to get me to my lightest. I am looking forward to returning to intentional, deliberate, nutrititious, well-balanced eating of high-octane foods. My game plan is to not freak out or get overwhelmed at the enormity of it, but to take each pound by the horns, challenge it, conquer it, and then and only then look at the next pound. I will glory in the mini-successes. I'm doing this for me, because I'm the only person who can change me and make healthy choices second nature instead of a deprivation. I'm the only person who can change my attitude, who can buckle down in determination, and who can internalize my goals and dreams into outward actions. Oh, and I'm gonna drink more water :) Reward will be a new pair of running shoes (I've been cruising 10 months on these puppies).
Remember that weight loss goals, as with all goals, are extremely personal and we will only see success if you've set the goal for yourself- you can't use goals others have set for you- it must come from internal desires, dreams, and determination or it won't happen.
I can't wait to hear your goals, motivation behind your goals, & what your rewards are going to be! Please share!
Don't forget to enter your starting weight and your starting body measurements in your MFP profile so that you'll have something to gauge your progress by during this challenge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Hi all. I'm back. As my profile on the right says, my focus is on YOGA and DETOXING. So excited! Already had a great workout/yoga session this a.m. Good protein smoothie before & after. Very excited.
ReplyDeleteYou all ROCK! Make this the BEST 6 weeks EVER!
I'm excited! I biked this morning and realized how much I missed it and how much harder it is to bike with a 10 lb bag at the same time. Next time goin with the backpack. I am super pumped because I have a biking buddy. Last challenge I kinda lost track of tracking my calories because my work was crazy but I am balanced again and am looking forward to shedding the lbs and looking amazing.
ReplyDeleteHi everyone! I'm excited to get back on the bandwagon. I did the very first challenge that Sarah had started last year, but then went M.I.A. I am finally ready to start making the necessary changes in my life. Not only to feel better about myself mentally, but physically. I literally feel like crap. I have a ways to go overall. In the past I think that scared me the most and is why I would always end up failing. This time, I know it's not going to be a quick fix and will be taking it one pound at a time. I will be stoked about each and every pound shed. Good luck Ladies!
ReplyDeleteI am excited to get started again! I am going to get my body figured out. It may take more than this 6 weeks, but the work is starting now. I have enlisted the help of a naturopath with the hope of getting off the anti-depressants eventually and finding the answer to why I haven't lost more weight with all of my training over the last year. I'm looking forward to cooking more, menu planning, and maybe even losing a few pounds.
ReplyDeleteI'm doing a century bike ride in Door County September 12, so there will be lots of biking during this 6 weeks. I will also be running (run/walking), since I have committed to a 1/2 marathon October 30!
Have a wonderful 6 weeks ladies! I can't wait to hear everyone's progress!!!
Hello! Hello! Hello Again! I'm so excited to have my phone beeping at me all morning long with you wonderful ladies checking in for a new 6 weeks! I can't tell you how much motivation I get from your posts each and every day, so KEEP THEM COMING!!!
ReplyDeleteMy goal for this 6 weeks is to maintain my weight and build muscle. I'm a runner and I have a knee injury I'm recovering from (for those of you who don't already know); it's very important for me to make the rest of the muscles in my legs and body strong to help out my knees. THAT is my goal for this six weeks - strength training! -which I've always avoided in the past. I plan to use yoga (any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Hint Hint Jen!) and PT exercises to do it. I also plan to take better advantage of cross training by biking and ellipticising (I just made a new word!) more and more.
By the end of this 6 weeks, I will have finished my 2nd Half Marathon with no knee problems at all! :)
Why am I doing this? The first thing that comes to mind is how great it feels to fit into a single digit size!! That's good enough reason for me! And, let's face it, if we can conquer our physical health, is there anything that could be much tougher than that? -not too many things come to mind. We are strong women and it feels so great to prove it!!
For all of you out there that are reading and not typing, I want to hear what you have to say! Let us all hear you!! It's going to be a great 6 weeks.
Hi Ladies! Real quick check-in! I'm excited to be here once again! I probably won't check in the rest of this week, but I'll jump in again next monday. I'm hosting our family reunion this week and as of now we have 21 people sleeping in our home for the week. Crazy busy, but I'm still here and will be thinking of you all this week. We're having a 5K walk/run with my family in the morning, so it should be fun! My family has never been real active, so I'm hoping to kick off a tradition. :) We'll see how it goes over. :) Have a great week everyone!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the recipes page Sarah, it's beautiful! It will be soooo handy too, thanks!
ReplyDelete