Hope you're rocking your day.
Amy C, I think you're awesome. You're taking a frustration and DOING something about it. I love your action! I admire that you're getting the assessments done that you need. I hope that as you learn more about your body that you don't get mad at it but continue to develop that love for it and be compassionate towards it. You rock!
So here's a link from Discovery Health's Activity Calorie Burn Calculator. http://health.discovery.com/centers/cholesterol/activity/activity.html
It talks about how a run on a treadmill isn't the only way to burn calories :) That everyday things we do can add up to big burn! A nice reminder for all of us.
Share a little thing you've done lately to get in extra calorie burning here & there!






























Hey ladies! I'm pretty proud of my workouts this week!
ReplyDeleteSunday after I got up from working overnight, Tiim and I took the dogs for a 5 mile hike on the Ice Age Trail. Greyhounds are not endurance hikers. The 75# dog almost had to be carried back to the car.
Monday I went over to the Military Ridge trail and ran 5 miles. I did a 2 min run 1 min walk for the whole way and it felt great. I was able to control my HR and feel as good at the end as I did in the begining.
Tuesday I tried out my new paniers form my bike. I rode around town to appointments and meetings with my computer and everything I needed. I got 25 miles in.
Wednesday is my long bike ride moring with my century training partner. We rode 57 miles. I'll be honest, it kicked my butt. Next week she is out of town, so I'm thinking of doing several longer (30-40 miles) rather than one long one. Only a few more weeks to the Century!!!
I took a break today, and I'm working tonight. I have a job interview tomorrow before work, so i won't get in a workout (unless I'm awake at 2pm). I'm planning to ride to work Saturday, and hopefully home on sunday, but I have a backup plan for sunday morning if I'm too tired.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Go, Amy! You've beat my furthest ever ride by by 3 miles! Go gettum! You inspire me!
ReplyDelete