4/6/10
Tuesday Motivation
Good morning, beautiful girls!
Feel overwhelmed with your hectic schedule? Head spinning? Feel like you're being pulled in too many directions? I do :)
So here's a cool article from Fitness Magazine about strategies for finding time to eat healthy even when you have next to no time. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/tips/diet-tips/make-over-my-diet/
How do you guys squeeze in healthy eating?
What are your time-saving ideas?
Feel overwhelmed with your hectic schedule? Head spinning? Feel like you're being pulled in too many directions? I do :)
So here's a cool article from Fitness Magazine about strategies for finding time to eat healthy even when you have next to no time. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/tips/diet-tips/make-over-my-diet/
How do you guys squeeze in healthy eating?
What are your time-saving ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























OK 10in6'ers, time for you all to chime in. I need ideas!
ReplyDeleteI think the easiest way to "squeeze in healthy eating" when you're running around like a chicken with your head cut off is to have it on hand. Fresh fruit works great for this. I need a snack on my work days and I grab two clementines and a kashi bar and shove it in a lunch bag and I'm out the door. It's fast and easy and healthy! Bananas are another favorite quick grab. Yogurt cups are great for the eat on the go too. I like these because they require zero preparation.
ReplyDeleteI also like yogurt cups-- they're easy to just grab on the go. And like Meghan said, having things on hand is helpful. If I'm out to run errands, I try to make sure that I have something healthy in my purse, so that if I really get hungry, I have that as an option. As opposed to having no options and then going through a drive-thru, you know? My favorites to keep in my purse: a bag of craisins or raisins, granola bar or an apple.
ReplyDeleteYeah, those are some good ideas - thanks. This is a hard one for me - it's so easy and yummy to grab a carb!
ReplyDeleteAnother similar fast snack is the old idea of pre-slicing your vegies and putting them in a tupperware in the fridge. (carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, and spinach). Especially yummy when dipped in low-cal dressing. I slice them up at night sometimes while watching a show, or when the kids are eating lunch.
packed lunch idea: Lunch meat and mustard wrapped in bunches of spinach surrounded by a big lettuce leaf, held with a toothpick in baggie for me, while kids eat their bagged sandwiches. SOOO fast and sooo good.
snack bag favorite: walnuts/almonds mixed with craisins/raisins. satisfying and fills the sweet tooth.
Reading all your upbeat ideas everyday is great for my motivation to keep trying to make healthy choices.
Yeah, those are some good ideas - thanks. This is a hard one for me - it's so easy and yummy to grab a carb!
ReplyDeleteAnother similar fast snack is the old idea of pre-slicing your vegies and putting them in a tupperware in the fridge. (carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, and spinach). Especially yummy when dipped in low-cal dressing. Vegies can be easy, fast, and yummy. I slice them up at night sometimes while watching a show, or when the kids are eating lunch.
packed lunch idea: Lunch meat and mustard wrapped in bunches of spinach surrounded by a big lettuce leaf, held with a toothpick in baggie for me, while kids eat their bagged sandwiches. SOOO fast and sooo good.
snack bag favorite: walnuts/almonds mixed with craisins/raisins. satisfying and fills the sweet tooth.
wooooooow - crazy! Sorry for the double. Actually I did it on purpose to make sure you read every word I say because it's really really really important.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the tips, ladies! Being boring w/ my lunches & snacks helps me stay sane. Just toss an apple uncut, a little container of PB, & a protein bar in my purse in the morning. Each breakfast lately has been a quick bowl of cereal with a cut up banana in it. Not having to think about elaborate lunches is fantastic. Also helpful is making massive dinners and then storing the leftovers in individual-serving-sized containers in the frige. Means I can cook when I feel like cooking & not stress when I don't feel like cooking. On the menu this week is a massive pot of potato soup, massive pot of turkey chili, and a massive batch of thai (whole wheat) pasta.
ReplyDelete