4/1/10
Feel the Burn Thursday!
Good morning, girls!
What workouts have you been doing lately? Be specific! We all love new ideas, even if they're old :) What's your game plan for this gorgeous weather weekend? Anything to offset Easter dinner? ;)
It helps me to have some kind of race/event goal in mind, then I am excited to work out hard, and I'm pressured in a good way to work out hard. I just decided to aim for my first sprint triathlon. I know Valerie has multiple marathon race goals this spring. Mini Me, Meghan, & Marianne are doing a half marathon this summer. Amy C & Isolde are each doing different sprint triathlons later this summer.
There are so many different events to pick from. A 5K walk for your favorite charity? There are running races, trail runs, bike rides, walks, duathlons (run, bike, run), triathlons (swim, bike, run), adventure races (run around a city w/ teammates, Amazing Race style, scavenger hunts, etc.), and muddy obstacle course races (Warrior Dash, etc.). There are family fun runs, doggie charity walks (Bark for Life), etc. There are endurance walks (Relay for Life, etc.). There are relay team marathons, city-to-city relays, etc.
I challenge you all to find something fun that floats your boat & commit to doing it! It will excite you, you can recruit your healthy-minded friends to join you, you can have fun, & best of all, it will get your butt out there working hard to get ready for it!!!!
Here's my favorite search engine for races: http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/Default.aspx
And completing something that was hard for you will give you SO MUCH CONFIDENCE!
If you've done a race goal before (any goal), then share your thoughts on it, how it makes you feel, how it helps you train, etc. Sell it to those on here who haven't set a race goal before :)
What workouts have you been doing lately? Be specific! We all love new ideas, even if they're old :) What's your game plan for this gorgeous weather weekend? Anything to offset Easter dinner? ;)
It helps me to have some kind of race/event goal in mind, then I am excited to work out hard, and I'm pressured in a good way to work out hard. I just decided to aim for my first sprint triathlon. I know Valerie has multiple marathon race goals this spring. Mini Me, Meghan, & Marianne are doing a half marathon this summer. Amy C & Isolde are each doing different sprint triathlons later this summer.
There are so many different events to pick from. A 5K walk for your favorite charity? There are running races, trail runs, bike rides, walks, duathlons (run, bike, run), triathlons (swim, bike, run), adventure races (run around a city w/ teammates, Amazing Race style, scavenger hunts, etc.), and muddy obstacle course races (Warrior Dash, etc.). There are family fun runs, doggie charity walks (Bark for Life), etc. There are endurance walks (Relay for Life, etc.). There are relay team marathons, city-to-city relays, etc.
I challenge you all to find something fun that floats your boat & commit to doing it! It will excite you, you can recruit your healthy-minded friends to join you, you can have fun, & best of all, it will get your butt out there working hard to get ready for it!!!!
Here's my favorite search engine for races: http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/Default.aspx
And completing something that was hard for you will give you SO MUCH CONFIDENCE!
If you've done a race goal before (any goal), then share your thoughts on it, how it makes you feel, how it helps you train, etc. Sell it to those on here who haven't set a race goal before :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Pretty good week for workouts this week. Monday I rode my bike 18 miles, first ride on the new bike. It was fantastic. Tuesday, I had a little swim, Wednesday Hot yoga followed by Yin. Not much today.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to run tomorrow and go to Yoga Saturday (Sarah are you in?)
Amy- I'm heading to the inlaws all weekend so won't be able to do Bikram this Saturday- but NEXT Saturday I'm definitely in as it'll be my last time before moving!
ReplyDeleteFor workouts this week, I've been great----just gotta keep the momentum through the weekend.
Monday I rode my mountain bike on a hilly country and gravel trail route 17 miles.
Tuesday I ran 11 miles on a paved trail route.
Wednesday I attended a Body Pump (strength training) class at Gold's Gym then swam 33 lengths of the pool. (I am a cheapskate & did their one-day free pass :) Plan on doing the same to other gyms w/ pools over the next few weeks, whenever I want a pool workout!)
Today is rest day. Then Friday a big in-law family bike ride!!! It's not leisurely- it's a family of avid road cyclists & racers w/ their bike crew friends- last mass email said 50 miles- GULP! I about died doing 17 miles Monday! At least Illinois is flatter than here....maybe I can coast a lot :)
So if I can walk after that feat, I'll go for a run on Saturday morning :)
Looking forward to lots of fun & lots of naps this weekend!
A lot of the same this week. Monday/Wednesday strength workout and interval work. Tuesday I had to do a shorter run due to a pain in my foot then did push ups and sit ups. Thursday did a short faster run then went to devil's lake a did a great hike. The entire way back I had to carry my almost 4 year old! I was dripping sweat but loved it! I can definitely feel it. Tomorrow I am resting and drinking lots of water. Saturday race day!!!
ReplyDeleteI love races!! Close to nothing beats the feeling of completing a race you have worked hard for. If you haven't done one you should try it. Plus a lot of times you get a new shirt!!!